Looking Forward to Next Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking Forward to Next Season?

Toronto's struggles without Bosh have not been contained to this season alone. Check this out:

Toronto's record without Bosh in the line up:

2009-10 3-7
    2008-09 2-3
    2007-08 4-11
    2006-07 6-7
    2005-06 1-11
    2004-05 0-1
    2003-04 4-3

Total: 20-43 (.317)
    Eric Smith's Blog

That win % would place them at 6th worst record in the league this season. This season with Bosh in the lineup they're .500, without him they're at around the total number displayed in red above in Eric Smith's Blog. So basically with Bosh they're a middle of the league team, without him they're bottom feeders. Get ready for the lotto next season. A top ten pick seems likely...

we will be on the bottom of the east for the next 2 , 3 years...
    unless colangelo makes something big happen

Comment

There are all kinds of problems with the thinking that tries to extrapolate what the Raptors record was without Bosh playing since he has been a Raptor vs what it was with him playing.

1. We don't know that there won't be a sign and trade
      2. If there is no sign and trade BC will have some money to go out and sign a pretty good player, hopefully better than Turkoglu
      3. Trades are possible
      4. Growth and improvement in the young players still on the roster
      5. Draft pick if the Raptors fail to make the playoffs.
      6. The Raptors offense this year and in years past was designed with cB4 as them option so that when he went out for a few games the Raptors were working with a second set of offensive options. With him gone the Raptors will spread the wealth around on offense and while it may not be quite as effective, though it could be more depending on 1 - 5 above the Raptors will not fall off that much with him gone.

The biggest fallacy in Smith's thinking is that CB4 is a very good offensive player and good rebounder but his defense is average at best. It is a lot easier to replace scorers in the NBA. look what the Warriors have done on offense with D-League players, than it is to replace a very good defender which are more at a premium. So if Bosh leaves while the Raptors may lose some in rebounding and scoring they probably will not lose and may even be better on the defensive side again depending on what happens with 1 - 5.

Smith has a hole in his screen door.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        2. If there is no sign and trade BC will have some money to go out and sign a pretty good player, hopefully better than Turkoglu
        Actually, even if Bosh walks Toronto is already over the cap, or really close to it, either way if Bosh walks for nothing, than Toronto only has the MLE (about 5 million) to offer free agents this off season.

If Bosh resigns, leaves in a sign and trade, or just walks, the future of the Raps all depends on Colangelo. Is he going to give us more of the same crappy one way players who are great offensively but awful defensively. Or is Colangelo ready to abandon that model, and add some quality two way players, while subtracting some players who play only one side of the ball.
        I Am Shutup

Comment

MattyG-Ray wrote: View Post
          Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Actually, even if Bosh walks Toronto is already over the cap, or really close to it, either way if Bosh walks for nothing, than Toronto only has the MLE (about 5 million) to offer free agents this off season.
          I actually think if Bosh leaves they will be just slightly under cap(if the cap is around $53-55M). We're talking a couple million. What that means is that they won't be able to use the MLE or BAE as they won't be eligible.

Comment

The Raptors will be a 25 win team without Chris Bosh and most of that is coming from Jose Calderon and Amir Johnson.

If those two guys leave, the Raps could easily become a 15 win team.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

If you are going to be bad in the NBA, its much better to be truly awful than just bad enough to miss the play offs.

I'd take 15 wins next year and a shot at Harrison Barnes over 30 and a prayer.

Comment

I think one of the reason's we haven't been good at rebuilding is we drafted so poorly when we were bottom feeder team and when BC came, we just rushed it.

2004: Rafael Araújo- skipped on: Andre Iguodala, Andris Biedriņš, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, J. R. Smith
                2005: Charlie Villanueva & Joey Graham- Skipped on: Danny Granger, David Lee, Monta Ellis, Andray Blatche
                2006: Andrea Bargnani- skipped on: LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo
                2009: Demar DeRozan- skipped on: Brandon Jennings, Terrence Williams, Taj Gibson, Chase Budinger

I understand Bargnani and DeRoazan still have a lot of potential to become good but the Raps just haven't drafted anyone that good who has made an impact with our last 5 lottery picks other than Bargs who has been a let down this year. The picks we traded have turned into Jermain O'neal who wasn't what we expected.

Comment

Had a conversation with a member of MLSE at our son's soccer yesterday. He told me that Bosh has informed the organization that he will not be back in Toronto next year. Colangelo is trying to find a sign and trade.

Comment

Welcome stonehouse! No shocker there, if you're not messing with us that is.

Comment

No messing. Bosh is gone. I hope he works with the raps to make a sign and trade easier. I hear rumblings about Chicago.

Comment

thestonehouse wrote: View Post
                        No messing. Bosh is gone. I hope he works with the raps to make a sign and trade easier. I hear rumblings about Chicago.
                        I'd like some evidence of this claim before coming to a conclusion. You're not giving us much to go on.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I actually think if Bosh leaves they will be just slightly under cap(if the cap is around $53-55M). We're talking a couple million. What that means is that they won't be able to use the MLE or BAE as they won't be eligible.
                          Actually, as long as the Raptors are under less than the MLE, they can use it.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

My uncle who's best friends with CB's trainer told me that Bosh is re-signing.

Comment

We've drafted out of necessity, while Arujo was drafted by a committee of Accountants that heard basketball was played by tall people, Joey's and the like have been drafted for positional back stops as we tried to build around a misguided Franchise player.

Drafting to an open palate is far easier to find gems just ask Golden State.

Comment

Working...
                              X