Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Will be the Best Training Camp Story ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will be the Best Training Camp Story ?

Just like the last few hours before Christmas Day as the kids wait to explode out of their rooms to open those gifts the last few days before the opening of camp and exhibition games are inexorably slow.

So what does the Republic think will be the best training camp story and why ?

Steering clear of any KL and DD storylines. Pleeze
    Does DeMarre Carroll show that he is every bit as good as we hoped he would be
    15.00%
    Will Andy Greer be able to change the defensive scheme to be a Top 10 defense in the EC
    30.00%
    Did Charlotte goof on Bismak Biyombo or did we get garbage at a garage sale
    10.00%
    Will the "want to" of Norman Powell relegate the listless talent of TRoss to the end of the bench
    35.00%
    Is James Johnson going to be relevant this year
    10.00%
    Is there room for JV to excel if the trend is going to be small ball
    0.00%
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 23, 2015, 04:53 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Powell versus T Ross and Wright versus Joseph are the two most interesting stories in my mind.

Edit: How good the defense will be is not something we can find out in training camp.
    Last edited by Raptorsss; Wed Sep 23, 2015, 05:21 PM.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Biyombo's communication and energy on the defensive end.

(And Demar's confidence shooting behind the arc)

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Powell versus T Ross and Wright versus Joseph are the two most interesting stories in my mind.

Edit: How good the defense will be is not something we can find out in training camp.
        Im more interested in the DD vs Powell and KL vs Delon match ups. I want to see what the rookies have against the vets.

Also interested to see what JJ has developed in the offseason. One would think that emphasis would be put on him developing skills to let him play the 4 and probably increase his range.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

I was thinking we may see what if any changes are in place by the 4 or 5th exhibition game and how the players are adapting to it.
          - TGO

Comment

Even though we have Powell and Carroll, i still see Ross playing quite a bit. I get the impression that Carroll will spend quite a bit of time at the 4 (whether or not that is a good idea is another debate). Ross is the obvious sf in these scenarios for his shooting. Ross' shooting is still much more valuable than Powell. I wouldn't be surprised if Powell or Wright impress but I doubt he really changes much.

I wouldn't be surprised it there is a lot of JV hype because he comes into camp in great shape off a great run with his national team only for him to not get as much pt as he deserves.

Comment

The defensive scheme will be very interesting to see. The signs of disaster were there very early last year, even though the defence worked well out of the gate. Similarly, even though results don't matter much in preseason, the structure of the defence will give some clues.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think the defense, and Biyombo should be a big part of this in practices as he's supposedly a terrific communicator out there in the middle, is going to be a revelation. I love the 3/4 combo of Carroll and PP in terms of quick feet and the ability to contest under control.

It's amazing what a new voice on the sidelines and a couple new players in the rotation can do in this sport - I look up and down our roster I see a bunch that could really make it work in a good system. Greer and Casey have a sizable length-quickness arsenal at their disposal.

Comment

When is Media Day by the way? Sunday or Monday?
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    When is Media Day by the way? Sunday or Monday?
                    Pretty sure its tuesday the 29th... can't come soon enough.
                    - TGO

Comment

Monday is media day. Tuesday is first day of training camp.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Honestly it is going to be 90% filled with broadcasters talking about how much DD has worked on improving his range

DD will start hot then regress as usual

Keep your hats on, everything DD gonna get ugly

Comment

What Will be the Best Training Camp Story ?

Training camp - head to head match ups featuring the bench guys - Ross/Powell/JJ/Wright - how they perform will be most interesting.

Once preseason starts - all about seeing what system (if any) Casey puts in place at each end of the court. Does it maximize the skills of our roster or will be continue to force his "system" on players.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

The story will be how in good shape Lowry is and how Scola beat out 2Pat for the 4 spot.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wright vs. Joseph is what I'm most interested in at the moment. Did MU find another diamond in the rough? Having a legit back up, pass first PG behind Lowry would create an interesting dynamic for the team which it hasn't had through the last couple of seasons. Not writing Joseph off, but you sort of know what you are getting with him. Solid, but not spectacular play. I'm hoping that Wright shows us something special.

Comment

Working...
                              X