Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    SI's Behind Enemy Lines* Scouting Assessment of the Raptors

"On paper they’re head and shoulders above the rest of the division—but that division is the worst in the league... With Amir Johnson gone they’ll use Patrick Patterson as a stretch four... By signing DeMarre Carroll [four years, $60 million] they’re looking to get more athletic. They basically have been a half-court team, grinding it out, playing inside-out. Now they want to play that small four, run it up and down, space the floor, use fewer sets and attack the rim... DeMar DeRozan is an All-Star, no doubt about it, but he didn’t play like one last year with the [groin] injury. It’s his contract year and he’s in the big-money range, so I assume he’ll come back in great shape... After the All-Star break they fell apart. Kyle Lowry had been their best player; after the break and in the playoffs he was just terrible. They needed to address that position, and I think they might have by bringing in Cory Joseph... Jonas Valanciunas needs to take another step. He’s been very average since he came into the league. He’s a big body, he takes up space, he can lean in and defend big guys. But they throw the ball in to him and he’s not making shots. I don’t think they addressed that with Bismack Biyombo, who is—I don’t want to say awful, but he’s got the worst hands in the league... Luis Scola has a little bit left in his tank [at 35]. He’s a great role model, and he’ll bring a lot of credibility to that locker room. He leads by example. I think that was a pretty good pickup as a backup four. But then again: Luis is not a good defender."

*Sports Illustrated's NBA writers spoke with scouts ahead of the 2015—16 season for our annual behind-the-scenes look at all 30 teams. Opposing scouts dished the good, bad and ugly of each team while discussing their off-season moves and outlook for the upcoming season. We granted them anonymity in exchange for their candor. They delivered.
    If they didn't use names of our players, I would not have thought this was a scouting report on our team. Our style of play last year was not grind it out or inside out. Demar is an All Star, no doubt about it? JV doesn't make shots around the rim? LOL, Get da fak outta here!

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      If they didn't use names of our players, I would not have thought this was a scouting report on our team. Our style of play last year was not grind it out or inside out. Demar is an All Star, no doubt about it? JV doesn't make shots around the rim? LOL, Get da fak outta here!
      Also JV makes shots they just don't throw it in to him. The whole piece is backwards

Comment

Going to be another mediocre season.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Going to be another mediocre season.
          The only thing to look forward to is All-Star Game.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
          X