Positional Battles - Training Camp Cometh Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    They've gotta up those D-League salaries, right? Crazy. Especially with all the cash floating around. Any reason we'd not like to see our players here?
    The guys we send down still get their NBA salary so they're getting paid. I'd expect the DLeague salaries to get a big bump sooner rather than later. The NBA just started taking the DLeague seriously and it's time for the salaries to catch up. Not Europe level but the top players should be able to make six figures, and the minimum players should be above the poverty line.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      The guys we send down still get their NBA salary so they're getting paid. I'd expect the DLeague salaries to get a big bump sooner rather than later. The NBA just started taking the DLeague seriously and it's time for the salaries to catch up. Not Europe level but the top players should be able to make six figures, and the minimum players should be above the poverty line.
      Seems every major league team that can afford it is moving their top "farm" team close by. With the smaller size of basketball rosters, this seems to make more natural marketing, development and roster sense than in baseball or hockey. I don't know what they make in Europe ... but do they make that much?

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        Seems every major league team that can afford it is moving their top "farm" team close by. With the smaller size of basketball rosters, this seems to make more natural marketing, development and roster sense than in baseball or hockey. I don't know what they make in Europe ... but do they make that much?
        Salaries in Europe can be in the millions. That's not a general rule but think sold out stadiums, fierce nationalism, and second best league play.

Comment

Very little heard about Bebe, I hope he's not hung over from his engagement or resigned to the 905.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            What do you guys think of a lineup of KL/TR/DC/PP/JV. Not in long stretches or anything but I think it could be effective. I think it would be the best shooting lineup we have had in the last few years. Lots of space for penetration via drives or a post up. Gives JV more usage. If JV gets doubled it should be an easy pass out to a shooter. It wouldn't be a great defensive lineup but I think the offense could more than make up for the defense.
            I suggested this like a month or two ago

It has the potential to be our best lineup only if we lean on JV and utilize the rotations that are cause by getting the ball in the paint

Comment

Working...
            X