Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    ZERO!

Not because I don't want them to, but it is the Raptors. No way we can be blessed with a lean and mean Lowry, a resurgent Bennett, a dominating JV, a legit starting 3 and two guys who were terrible from 3 shooting over 30%. So because all the other things will happen, only one of Johnson or DeMar will break 30%.
    Says the poor broken puppy upon getting fed, sheltered, and pet in a new home. They couldn't possibly take me for a walk too, could they?

Don't underrate the power of a contract year coming in the middle of your prime. Both of these guys are at that age when many sub-averager shooters finally figure it out behind the line.
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Says the poor broken puppy upon getting fed, sheltered, and pet in a new home. They couldn't possibly take me for a walk too, could they?

Don't underrate the power of a contract year coming in the middle of your prime. Both of these guys are at that age when many sub-averager shooters finally figure it out behind the line.
      ouch!

Comment

This T-Ross/JJ combo off the bench is really starting to excite me. I think both should ready to break out, and they are a good fit together.

Cory/Ross/JJ is one of the most athletic perimeter trios coming off the bench in this league.

Comment

This T-Ross/JJ combo off the bench is really starting to excite me. I think both should ready to break out, and they are a good fit together.

Cory/Ross/JJ is one of the most athletic perimeter trios coming off the bench in this league.
          I'd argue it's the most athletic perimeter bench trio. Does anyone else even come close?
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I'd argue it's the most athletic perimeter bench trio. Does anyone else even come close?
            The Magic could do something interesting with Napier/Hezonja/Gordon but who know, and even then.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              ZERO!

Not because I don't want them to, but it is the Raptors. No way we can be blessed with a lean and mean Lowry, a resurgent Bennett, a dominating JV, a legit starting 3 and two guys who were terrible from 3 shooting over 30%. So because all the other things will happen, only one of Johnson or DeMar will break 30%.
              It don't matter both will be payed this summer if they test the free agent market, both will make close to double to what they are making now with or without a 3 pointer.

Comment

Well, based on media day, I am so relieved to know that all the players love the city, are in the best shape of their lives, and just want to work hard and contribute. I was worried yesterday but am now sure they're on the right track....

Comment

With both DeMar and JJ working on their 3-balls this year, and both in contract years, what are the chances both shoot over 30%?
                  What does that really have to do with anything? Yes, 30% looks great on paper; but let's be realistic, there has to be context to it.

Some guys just aren't great 3-point shooters. That's fine. The issue is when a guy gets caught up in jacking up the 3 or settling for bad shots. That's something the Raptors seems to do too often, and it really hurts them.

Demar is a career 27% 3-point shooter and has only averaged .4 makes for his career. His best shooting year was is all-star season, where he shot 30.5% but only .8 makes on 2.4 attempts a game. So for context, he shot 210 3's and only made 64. So for every make, he missed 3.4 attempts. That's not a very good weapon. Teams wouldn't really defend him any differently. If I was an opposing coach, I'd love to see him settle for 3's and stick to his long 2's because it would likely cut down on his ability to draw fouls.
                  Last edited by Uneducatedfan; Tue Sep 29, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I need this season to just start. There's way to many what ifs and room for guys to improve this season with a mostly young team.
                    Skinny Kyle
                    Healthy contract year demar
                    Carroll
                    Pat working for the starting position
                    Jv getting touches
                    Ross contract year
                    JJ playing/ having a corner 3
                    All the prospects

Makes me want to hope for a perfect storm here.
                    Ugh training camp

Comment

the thing one thing I'm very excited to watch is to see if Norman Powell supplants Terrence Ross, or at the very least plays himself into 10-15 minutes a game this season. He brings that effort and attack that you just have to find minutes for.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

what story lines will you people be watching?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Well, based on media day, I am so relieved to know that all the players love the city, are in the best shape of their lives, and just want to work hard and contribute. I was worried yesterday but am now sure they're on the right track....
                          Don't forget that they just want to get better every day, compete.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            we ughh...passed a bylaw. Sarcasm is pink now.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              Don't forget that they just want to get better every day, compete.
                              If I was asked the same question 40 times I might just develop some canned answers

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X