Raptors Training Camp 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Training Camp 2015

Thought I'd open this thread, to dump articles, and links as training camp progresses. See what themes emerge etc...
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I wish they'd show at least one day of training camp on tv like they do for some other teams, it'd be interesting to see.

Comment

We Tha North wrote: View Post
      I wish they'd show at least one day of training camp on tv like they do for some other teams, it'd be interesting to see.
      The only time the Raptors will ever have there training camp featured on nbatv is when they get some star players.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/hoops...ptember-28.mp3

PODCAST

Fucking James Johnson with the "pause" when talking about rebounding and getting the "balls".
        Last edited by MixxAOR; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 11:07 PM.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          The only time the Raptors will ever have there training camp featured on nbatv is when they get some star players.
          Yeah, I know, still can hope one day...maybe?

(#KDtoRaps2016)

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            We just signed a number 1 overall pick!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

PODCAST

Fucking James Johnson with the "pause" when talking about rebounding and getting the "balls".
              Some nice comments from Johnson about Casey and his relationship with him. Johnson interview starts around the 32 minute mark.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Some nice comments from Johnson about Casey and his relationship with him. Johnson interview starts around the 32 minute mark.
                How's the rest of it - fluff? Think it's worth a listen?

Comment

They asked this question really well, and JJ answered it really well too.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    They asked this question really well, and JJ answered it really well too.
                    Yeah, cool. Summary

35:30 - 37:00
                    Johnson is asked about relationship with Casey and how he came out of the rotation mid-season. Johnson says that the fan support helped him, but also that the fact that Casey came to him and told him in advance, "man-to-man", that he'd be sitting a lot going forward made it easier to accept that the Coach's vision going forward had changed.

37:00 -
                    Johnson is asked what he worked on this summer (he stayed in town and worked out with "Jamma" (sp?)). "Jump shots ... nothing but jump shots/corner 3's". casey worked Johnson out a couple of times this summer, so that Johnson feels Casey has seen the progress he's made ...

Interesting.

Comment

This is going to be an important year for JJ careerwise. It's also a contract year so glad he worked hard on his shot in the summer. Hope he sticks with the Raps.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        This is going to be an important year for JJ careerwise. It's also a contract year so glad he worked hard on his shot in the summer. Hope he sticks with the Raps.
                        The cohesion and balance in the 2nd unit was really lacking last season when he was benched, even when he was replaced by a starter (usually DeRozan). His rebounding and off-ball play were crucial for providing a balance to PP's perimeter play and weak rebounding. He really seemed to be the glue-guy for that unit, beyond what the numbers showed. Replacing him with a lesser defender and more ball-dominant starter really hurt the unit's chemistry (since the Lou/GV combo was ball-dominant enough).

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

PODCAST

I like how Ross sounds. Humble, recognizing he has to improve and also mentioning he has worked his ass off to get stronger and has put 10-11 pounds on over the summer.

Comment

With both DeMar and JJ working on their 3-balls this year, and both in contract years, what are the chances both shoot over 30%?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              With both DeMar and JJ working on their 3-balls this year, and both in contract years, what are the chances both shoot over 30%?
                              ZERO!

Not because I don't want them to, but it is the Raptors. No way we can be blessed with a lean and mean Lowry, a resurgent Bennett, a dominating JV, a legit starting 3 and two guys who were terrible from 3 shooting over 30%. So because all the other things will happen, only one of Johnson or DeMar will break 30%.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X