Raptors Training Camp 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

they'll probably run these sets for Ross that they use to run for Lou or whatever
    Thanks, that exactly what I meant. Just those two plays there I can see Ross being successful at.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Thanks, that exactly what I meant. Just those two plays there I can see Ross being successful at.
      The Carolina Leak is a catch and shoot.

The AI play was article 1 for travelling in the NBA and is not going to work for Ross like it did for Lou.

However you run Ross through screens and as a screener and get him 6 threes a game in consistent spots and he becomes a very good wing option.

And unfit development you tell him he needs to be a 40%+ three point shooter to have a role. Clear, concise message I and role. This is a very important aspect of player development. Find your niche in the league THEN you can learn other things

Favourite player example to point to for development was Bruce Bowen and Pop.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        The Carolina Leak is a catch and shoot.

The AI play was article 1 for travelling in the NBA and is not going to work for Ross like it did for Lou.

However you run Ross through screens and as a screener and get him 6 threes a game in consistent spots and he becomes a very good wing option.

And unfit development you tell him he needs to be a 40%+ three point shooter to have a role. Clear, concise message I and role. This is a very important aspect of player development. Find your niche in the league THEN you can learn other things

Favourite player example to point to for development was Bruce Bowen and Pop.
        Exactly. If they would just have him forced on becoming a elite three point shooter and stop worrying about him getting to the basket he would be SO much better off. Right now he's more of a streaky shooter which to me isn't good enough because he does nothing else well. He should be closer to 39%-40% on the season. He also doesn't like contact just by looking at how he's always shying away from it when he actually does drive into the paint. So me there is no point of him becoming this guy that gets to the basket. Just let him be a 3 and D player and be done with it.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
          Exactly. If they would just have him forced on becoming a elite three point shooter and stop worrying about him getting to the basket he would be SO much better off. Right now he's more of a streaky shooter which to me isn't good enough because he does nothing else well. He should be closer to 39%-40% on the season. He also doesn't like contact just by looking at how he's always shying away from it when he actually does drive into the paint. So me there is no point of him becoming this guy that gets to the basket. Just let him be a 3 and D player and be done with it.
          For right now if TRoss was just used to defend guards and spot up shoot he would be useful. Asking him to defend forwards and get to the rim is asking for trouble. In a couple years maybe he is Demar with a three but trying to force him inside now helps no one

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            For right now if TRoss was just used to defend guards and spot up shoot he would be useful. Asking him to defend forwards and get to the rim is asking for trouble. In a couple years maybe he is Demar with a three but trying to force him inside now helps no one
            Exactly! Make the game easier for him.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/raptors/trainingcamp2015-recap-day5

I was watching the Mugsy Bogues interview and I noticed in the background Scola working on his corner 3s...didn't know he had that in his game
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

I was watching the Mugsy Bogues interview and I noticed in the background Scola working on his corner 3s...didn't know he had that in his game
                I follow the raptors on snapchat and they have posted a few vids of him draining threes from the wing as well.

Comment

The more I listen to Casey the more I believe he will never be a championship coach.

1. He admits to letting the team slack off defensively ( shows he is not in control)

2. ISO ISO ISO we all seen it so he does not control the offense

Question what does Casey do here as the coach of the raptors ?cause this teams core has been together but we don't care to play defense.

Either the players we got that don't play d need to go our Casey needs to go.

I swear if I see mother f small ball or no defense from this team this season I am done with Casey and MU both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Defensive Captain

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

I recall the early talk about Scolla having a three when the signing was announced. Certainly showed an outside shop this summer at the Fiba's.

Comment

Defensive Captain

Going to be one of my favourite players I think, at least attitude-wise.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Going to be one of my favourite players I think, at least attitude-wise.
                          Yea he has an amazing attitude and he's very well spoken

Comment

Defensive Captain

I still have no idea why Charlotte would let someone like him walk for 3M and go out and sign Hans loool
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              I still have no idea why Charlotte would let someone like him walk for 3M and go out and sign Hans loool
                              Because he made very little progress with them, and probably would've cost more to retain even at his QO than giving up his rights and getting another energy big. In the end neither player moves the needle much. Also Hansbrough, believe it or not, is a much better offensive player than Bismack.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X