Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything about the teams that are standing in the way of the Raptors ulitimate goal !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Someone's gotta explain that one to me cause on even the most charitable reading of his contract demands they still make no sense....I'm not sure the Scott Boras approach works in a cap league.
    I got to think this is a greedy agent more then a greedy player . Playing with LeBron and a chance to win should mean more then just trying to get a max deal

Comment

I can't help but wonder if Thompson has irreparably poisoned things with management in Cleveland at this point.

That, combined with the offseason we've just had, has me wondering whether we should be offering PPat and our upcoming non-lottery first rounder for TT signed for a year at the qualifying offer level (plus training camp signing salary ballast as needed). TT is certainly not yet worth the max contract he thinks he's worth at this time, but his rebounding at the PF position would be an upgrade here, and the scoring ability is still there; such a trade (if the Cavs were that desperate) would arguably solidify our weakest position.

Comment

I'm not sure you can trade a player who has accepted a qualifying offer. Seems like that would be too obvious of a loophole.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Both matchups were favourable in rankings only. Both were going up against bigger, more experienced teams (fuck you Pierce). There are definitely going to be challenging teams in the bottom 4 of the East this year, but we are now another year experienced, and are bigger/better defensively.

The goal has to be "be like the Hawks" - staying solid and earning one of those top 2 spots.
          The Raptors were the favourite in both series, ignoring in season ranking.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Rose is back making idiotic comments again ... A player who is making 20 plus million for next two years and all ready has a 185 million dollar shoe deal under his belt and what was his mind set this summer ?

“This whole summer I had tunnel vision. My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day ..Focusing on those two things. Making sure my family is financially stable, as far as seeing all the money that they’re passing out in this league. Just telling the truth. Just knowing that my day will be coming up soon and it’s not for me. It’s for [two-year-old son] P.J. and his future, so that’s what I’m thinking about now.”

Wow !! I say ...

Comment

What's the Raptors ultimate goal?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                What's the Raptors ultimate goal?
                Winning a round would be nice

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                  Rose is back making idiotic comments again ... A player who is making 20 plus million for next two years and all ready has a 185 million dollar shoe deal under his belt and what was his mind set this summer ?

“This whole summer I had tunnel vision. My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day ..Focusing on those two things. Making sure my family is financially stable, as far as seeing all the money that they’re passing out in this league. Just telling the truth. Just knowing that my day will be coming up soon and it’s not for me. It’s for [two-year-old son] P.J. and his future, so that’s what I’m thinking about now.”

Wow !! I say ...
                  Ah Rose...why do you keep answering questions...
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well, everybody desires financial stability and technically speaking, for him that would be continuing to make $20M. I guess everyone would prefer he skirt the issue or lie and say he's fine with taking a huge pay cut because he doesn't care about being as good a player as he was in the past.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Ultimate goal? Make the playoffs and win two rounds has to be the goal.

I'm a little worried about how realistic that is, though.

Comment

Goal has to be at least a second round, or its a bust of a season. If that isn't reached Masai should be put on the hot seat if he's not there already.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Goal has to be at least a second round, or its a bust of a season. If that isn't reached Masai should be put on the hot seat if he's not there already.
                          I said same about last year.

And yes, last year was a bust.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure you can trade a player who has accepted a qualifying offer. Seems like that would be too obvious of a loophole.
                            You can, but it's hard. First, you obviously have to wait for December when recently signed free agents can be traded. Then, the player has to approve any trade. Finally, you have to find a taker - and since the receiving team does not get his Bird Rights, and would need to clear cap space the following summer to be able to re-sign him, why would they trade anything of value instead of just chasing him the following summer?
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MKG out for a while, if not the season. Hornets' chances at playoffs just plummeted.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                You mean Casey should be fired right? Masai has done wonders for this team, Casey has been around since Masai was hired, so I'll start questioning Masai once a new/better coach is hired, and we still can't get passed the first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X