X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Casey finally learned?

I am genuinely confused how this:

Axel wrote: View Post
    I also haven't seen a single post saying "I know more about basketball than Casey" except perhaps in jest.
    Leads to:
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    And the language is extreme. I don't recall the "I was just kidding" excuse worked well, when I was in grade 2 or 3
    Or a bar in the world where you'd get slugged for calling a coach of a professional sports team "stupid".

In other words, if you think you'd risk getting slugged in a bar (or a gym) for saying what you're saying the way you're saying it ... maybe you shouldn't here, either.
    Mostly it seems your complaints are that many people don't have your opinion on things and you wish to not read those posts. I suggest that if you don't want everyone's opinion, use the ignore function. If there is a post that you strongly feel is against forum rules, then report it or PM a mod of your choice.
    Last edited by Axel; Thu Oct 1, 2015, 08:37 PM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

My view, as I didn't really say anything:

I was here when people were doubting early on, but a lot of you claim the "Iso" game started sooner than it did.

Here's when it 1st occured in my view: The game against Memphis.

Here's when it became a regular thing in my view: When DD went down.

Here's when it got at it's worse in my view: Our 1st loss after the ASG, against Houston.

Now, there were games where I saw glimpses of our old selves, but the main factor.. and I still stand by this, was this guy:

Wait.... some of yopu are gonna say I'm crazy. But in all honesty, who was our best Iso guy all of last year, and who took the load when DD was out, which as i said was when I really started to notice the Iso game.

Lou did.

He also made GV lose his confidence and he made GV hand over the 6th man role. Would you wanna pass to a guy who took your role?

There was no bench anchor with Lou handling the ball... as much as it hurts to say.

I'm glad he's gone.

As for Casey, eh couldn't control Lou and players decided to listen to him.... why? His shots were falling, and we were winning. Why not listen to a guy who steps up when your best guy is down? Lou made casey lose this locker room. Carroll is here to make sure that doesn't happen.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Now, there were games where I saw glimpses of our old selves, but the main factor.. and I still stand by this, was this guy:

Wait.... some of yopu are gonna say I'm crazy.
        I don't think that's crazy at all.

I remember at one point last year seeing an anonymous quote from someone well-connected to the team (either an assistant coach or an analytics guy) saying something to the effect of: "Man, Lou can take any shot he wants, it doesn't matter how bad it is, and everyone's cool with it - they all pull for him, they all love it when he shoots the ball...", and I thought to myself "That sounds like complete horseshit."
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Thu Oct 1, 2015, 09:39 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I am genuinely confused how this:

Leads to:

Or a bar in the world where you'd get slugged for calling a coach of a professional sports team "stupid".

Mostly it seems your complaints are that many people don't have your opinion on things and you wish to not read those posts. I suggest that if you don't want everyone's opinion, use the ignore function. If there is a post that you strongly feel is against forum rules, then report it or PM a mod of your choice.
          You were discussing, in a post, how people talk about Dwane Casey. I responded on that subject.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            My view, as I didn't really say anything:

I was here when people were doubting early on, but a lot of you claim the "Iso" game started sooner than it did.

Here's when it 1st occured in my view: The game against Memphis.

Here's when it became a regular thing in my view: When DD went down.

Here's when it got at it's worse in my view: Our 1st loss after the ASG, against Houston.

Wait.... some of yopu are gonna say I'm crazy. But in all honesty, who was our best Iso guy all of last year, and who took the load when DD was out, which as i said was when I really started to notice the Iso game.

Lou did.

He also made GV lose his confidence and he made GV hand over the 6th man role. Would you wanna pass to a guy who took your role?

There was no bench anchor with Lou handling the ball... as much as it hurts to say.

I'm glad he's gone.

As for Casey, eh couldn't control Lou and players decided to listen to him.... why? His shots were falling, and we were winning. Why not listen to a guy who steps up when your best guy is down? Lou made casey lose this locker room. Carroll is here to make sure that doesn't happen.
            Can't remember specific games at this point, but our assists per game (as a team) average before DD got hurt is the exact same number as the full season average.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Im guilty for calling Casey an idiot

But as a head coach and your players start playing the wrong way arent you supposed to be the one that fixes that??

If a head coach (like Budenholzer) saw Lou ruining the team concept...shoukdnt he eliminate or limit his PT? (Like he did)

Budenholzer is considered a good coach

Vs Casey...who let Lou do whatever he wanted which indirectly or directly led to a team wide collapse...when all he had to do was grow a pair and out him on the bench.

Maybe my repeatedly calling Casey an idiot or stupid is unjust. But maybe, just maybe, I'm not wrong and just a little bit rough around the edges

Comment

So you've just said (roughly put) that my response to you made no sense at all, Axel. I disagree.

But if I defend myself ... I'll be moderating? Hm.

Comment

So you've just said (roughly put) that my response to you made no sense at all, Axel. I disagree.

But if I defend myself ... I'll be moderating? Hm.
                  Defending your view on a topic is perfectly acceptable.

Complaining about other posters, their use of language like "idiot", or how they are a "buzz kill" for you - not so acceptable. Stick to the approved methods for your concerns.

Comment

I started a thread to generate discussion, Axel, about what the coach might do to incorporate the new players and improve on last season's problems. It wasn't a trick. I want to learn and discuss. No better time for that discussion than now, right?

Some responded with real suggestions. Others responded with things like "Quit!" and "There's no point!" (in various ways/forms). The "discussion" then had a tendency toward degeneration into name-calling and a series of explanations about why people who want to have that discussion are misguided ... even "fools".

And that's just hunky-dory, is it?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Im guilty for calling Casey an idiot

But as a head coach and your players start playing the wrong way arent you supposed to be the one that fixes that??

If a head coach (like Budenholzer) saw Lou ruining the team concept...shoukdnt he eliminate or limit his PT? (Like he did)

Budenholzer is considered a good coach

Vs Casey...who let Lou do whatever he wanted which indirectly or directly led to a team wide collapse...when all he had to do was grow a pair and out him on the bench.

Maybe my repeatedly calling Casey an idiot or stupid is unjust. But maybe, just maybe, I'm not wrong and just a little bit rough around the edges
                      You fix it if you can. Not everything's readily fixable ... for various reasons. If it doesn't get fixed, management has a choice between staying the course, or getting rid of players or coaches (or both).

We know what happened here. Some of the fans clearly differ with Masai, though - and can't set that difference aside even to calmly discuss what might or should happen, going forward. And their regard for Masai as a GM makes no difference (which seems a bit odd).

Anyway. It's sometimes difficult to find a fix for certain problems. But there's nothing easier than calling a guy one disagrees with an "idiot". But if you really believe nothing will help the situation other than firing the coach, then what else can you say, I suppose.

Still. One can only insist so much, and so hard and so often, wouldn't you say, OldSkool? It's not a subtle view.
                      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Oct 1, 2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I started a thread to generate discussion, Axel, about what the coach might do to incorporate the new players and improve on last season's problems. It wasn't a trick. I want to learn and discuss. No better time for that discussion than now, right?

Some responded with real suggestions. Others responded with things like "Quit!" and "There's no point!" (in various ways/forms). The "discussion" then had a tendency toward degeneration into name-calling and a series of explanations about why people who want to have that discussion are misguided ... even "fools".

And that's just hunky-dory, is it?
                        Are you serious? That thread is 6 pages long, there is 1 post that says "quit" and 1 post that says "quit or at least run cutters when ball in post".

That's it. Only person in the entire thread to use the word idiot was you.

Your complaint has no basis.

Sorry folks. Moving on.

Comment

Well, it's going on on more than one thread, right? Surprise! And my complaint has "no basis"?

Comment

But okay ... moving on.

Comment

The Casey discussion is going on on at least three threads. So it's hard to bring it all together. To Jimi cliff's point, above, there were quite a number of posters here who identified the ISO problem very early last season:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...ense-is-flawed

That discussion was taken up again on the first couple of pages of this thread.

And to the point of whether or not a coach has any real effect on things, there is a significant discussion, in the video associated with the SI rankings article (nos. 250-300), that talks about how crucial it is, in ranking the players for the coming season, that the player is with either a good organization, or any organization with a good coach.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ed-nos-251-300

[*Addendum: They don't talk of Casey and the Raps specifically, in the video. But there is potentially an inference available about the Raps or./staff, from the 200 or so writers who participated in the SI rankings, if anyone thinks the Rap players were under- or over-valued, generally.]
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Oct 2, 2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Can't remember specific games at this point, but our assists per game (as a team) average before DD got hurt is the exact same number as the full season average.
                                Defence plummeted though. That's been Casey's explanation - when DD went down, the players who had to step up in the scoring dept. stopped playing D.

I still think though, no matter what Dwane or anyone else says: the team went in the shitter because Lowry - for whatever reason - stopped playing well. If he was in peak form all year, the team wins near 60 games, and at minimum goes the distance with the Wizards in the playoffs.

And maybe Lou gets resigned

Boys, the glass is always half-full.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X