Has Casey finally learned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    Well, I didn't see more than articles/posts/highlights/stats ... but it looks like Scola was just "hot" (10 of 15/ .666 shooting).

And it doesn't appear that DeMar was hogging the ball (4-9, 14 pts). So the Casey jab seems mis-placed.

?
    Scola did most of his damage in the 3rd quarter, but my comment wasn't necessarily specific to last night's game.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Scola did most of his damage in the 3rd quarter, but my comment wasn't necessarily specific to last night's game.
      I dunno..... I was thinking about this.

Maybe JV just doesn't want the ball as much as we all think he does. Seriously, he just signed a huge contract. He's technically going to be the highest paid player on the team now.....for now. Why not show that it bothers you....I've seen plenty of C's like Shaq, DMC, the list goes on..... get upset or demand the ball. Technically, he's the biggest guy on the team. I just don't see that side from JV. Am I just missing these moments?

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Maybe JV just doesn't want the ball as much as we all think he does. Seriously, he just signed a huge contract. He's technically going to be the highest paid player on the team now.....for now. Why not show that it bothers you....I've seen plenty of C's like Shaq, DMC, the list goes on..... get upset or demand the ball. Technically, he's the biggest guy on the team. I just don't see that side from JV. Am I just missing these moments?
        I suppose that's a possibility....that he's not overtly asking for the ball. It could just be that he's aware of the team's current pecking order, where he's a distant third.

Either way, it still points back to Casey.

Comment

I was talking about the Knicks game specifically.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Interesting theory. He does seem pretty annoyed when he gets looked off, but we should be thankful that he doesn't cause a Shaq or DMC size disruption. Then again, maybe that would finally get him the ball.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              I was talking about the Knicks game specifically.
              Scola is just a late bloomer. I expect he will be the most dominant PF of his generation after age 35+. The first decade and a half was just a teaser

Comment

Wha? Do you watch the games on mute? Do you not hear him yelping for the ball basically every time they set up in the half court (only to be ignored the vast majority of the time)?
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  Wha? Do you watch the games on mute? Do you not hear him yelping for the ball basically every time they set up in the half court (only to be ignored the vast majority of the time)?
                  KL and Dermar probably watch JV flailing his arms screaming that he's open on video after games and laugh and laugh...

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    Well sometimes when Leo, Matt and Jack are going on and on......lol

But seriously.... I never hear him Yelling much at all for the ball (I definitely don't see it on every possession like you say). I'm just saying that he seems content to run up and down the floor at times. Obviously, i'm not just watching Jonas as much as others.

Personally, if i were him, i would have a little talk with the guys. It would go something like this...... "I shoot 62% from the field, give me the F%&#KING ball"....... maybe it's time he gets a little physical with these guys. I hear stories all the time that "back in the day", the big guys had to threaten the guards in order to get the ball more.

Comment

Well sometimes when Leo, Matt and Jack are going on and on......lol

But seriously.... I never hear him Yelling much at all for the ball (I definitely don't see it on every possession like you say). I'm just saying that he seems content to run up and down the floor at times. Obviously, i'm not just watching Jonas as much as others.

Personally, if i were him, i would have a little talk with the guys. It would go something like this...... "I shoot 62% from the field, give me the F%&#KING ball"....... maybe it's time he gets a little physical with these guys. I hear stories all the time that "back in the day", the big guys had to threaten the guards in order to get the ball more.
                      He definitely calls for the ball a lot. You hear a "Woo!!" on the screen, like 80% of the time it's coming from him with his arm(s) up in the paint.

But seriously, that aspect aside, are you basically saying the solution to JV needing the ball more is JV beating up/threatening to beat up his teammates? Because that can only be bad.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        KL and Dermar probably watch JV flailing his arms screaming that he's open on video after games and laugh and laugh...
                        I don't agree. But COME ON ... That's FUNNY!

Comment

• November 16 2015 update: nope
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Comment

Looking at the schedule, Casey could easily be fired by the end of the year. Maybe sooner if we can't beat the likes of Utah and the Lakers. How far under .500 do we need to dip before Masai pulls the trigger? Maybe a new poll idea.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Looking at the schedule, Casey could easily be fired by the end of the year. Maybe sooner if we can't beat the likes of Utah and the Lakers. How far under .500 do we need to dip before Masai pulls the trigger? Maybe a new poll idea.
                                As the season tipped off, Tim Chisolm wrote an article on the main page suggesting that early season struggles could be a good thing. It forces changes to be made before the team gets over-confident based on its record.

But what those changes will be, is anyone's guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X