Bobby Portis or Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Portis or Anthony Bennett

Things seem to happen for a reason with this team. We drafted Delon Wright. Who I personally think will be huge in this team because of his ability to play so smoothly for this team on offence and how solid he is on defence. He is big so he uses his height to peer over the defence to look for the right moment to pass. Best of all he keeps his dribble alive and knows his weaknesses. I am excited to say the least.

Some of you freaked out because the Raptors didn't draft Bobby Portis or RHG. I am honestly happy because with Bobby Portis we wouldn't have been able to get AB and fit him in. So my question is who would you rather gamble on.

Lastly having 3 deep at the PG position will allow Kyle to rest ALOT more and assuming the defensive drop off isn't a ton then we will be solid coming into this year. Last year we would get ahead in games then our starters were given some rest and defensive liabilities (two smaller guards) would allow other teams to make a run on us then we would have to put the starters in early. We played in such a way that we could always make a 10-15 point swing in the last 3 minutes of the game, but it becomes very stressful. We became "We the Fourth", which didn't always work particularly late in the year.

So what are your thoughts?

I'd rather gamble on Portis, as he hasn't yet proven to be a disappointment.

I am optimistic about Bennett, but he has proven to have problems with his competitive mindset where Portis is known for having a hell of a motor. The two guys have relatively equal tools, so it comes down to what they do with them on the court.

Comment

Portis by a country mile

Reasons : Size 6'11", shooting touch, Motor, and he's also younger and you get his full rookie scale contract not a 1yr deal.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Delon + Bennett > Portis + 3rd-string PG for the min

Comment

I think Bennett is more talented than Portis, but Portis I think is pretty safe. I think he's going to be a core role player for many years for the Bulls or some other good team. Wright IMO is a backup talent, but maybe he proves me wrong.

Portis wasn't first on my list for that pick, since I don't think he has star potential like I saw people say sometimes, but yeah, I think he's very likely going to be a really valuable role player.

So Portis for me.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            I think Bennett is more talented than Portis, but Portis I think is pretty safe. I think he's going to be a core role player for many years for the Bulls or some other good team. Wright IMO is a backup talent, but maybe he proves me wrong.

Portis wasn't first on my list for that pick, since I don't think he has star potential like I saw people say sometimes, but yeah, I think he's very likely going to be a really valuable role player.

So Portis for me.
            He actually reminds me of another Bull, Taj Gibson. I think Portis at the worst will be a rotation big for a long time and his ceiling is probably a solid starter

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              He actually reminds me of another Bull, Taj Gibson. I think Portis at the worst will be a rotation big for a long time and his ceiling is probably a solid starter
              Yep, I also think Gibson with more shooting, or maybe Udonis Haslem.

Comment

Yeah, I liked Portis at our spot. But with this talk of Bennett's explosiveness, and surprisingly good D, I think I like him as a better bet to contribute this year AND a couple years down the line, especially for us.

The hometown boy pretty much gifted himself to us - pretty fucking special if you ask me.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I liked Portis at our spot. But with this talk of Bennett's explosiveness, and surprisingly good D, I think I like him as a better bet to contribute this year AND a couple years down the line, especially for us.

The hometown boy pretty much gifted himself to us - pretty fucking special if you ask me.
                  Bennett is a terrible defender, who has said hes a good defender?

Comment

Bennett is a terrible defender, who has said hes a good defender?
                    Casey said he had a good day in practice, and picked up the defense quicker than he'd expected (paraphrasing).

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Casey said he had a good day in practice, and picked up the defense quicker than he'd expected (paraphrasing).
                      and that somehow means bennett is a good defender?

Comment

I'm probably gonna give an edge to Bobby Portis. Portis has little explosiveness but good size. Bennett is undersized but pretty good finisher. Both have decent mobility but provide no rim protection. Portis played good in Summer League but Bennett played good in FIBA and Panam. Bennett is already known and his performance so far. With Portis its still a mystery about how he'll play. So you want to go with Portis because of that. But it's early to judge.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

and that somehow means bennett is a good defender?
                          Sorry, that was shorthand for having heard Casey say he was surprised with his defense in a single practice. I can see how you might have been confused.

Comment

I like Delon Wright
                            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'm probably gonna give an edge to Bobby Portis. Portis has little explosiveness but good size. Bennett is undersized but pretty good finisher. Both have decent mobility but provide no rim protection. Portis played good in Summer League but Bennett played good in FIBA and Panam. Bennett is already known and his performance so far. With Portis its still a mystery about how he'll play. So you want to go with Portis because of that. But it's early to judge.
                              Good video. I Portis was honestly up and down in summer league he had two monster games then kind of faded. Bennett played solid throughout the entire FIBA competition. Based on the fact that the FIBA competition was at a much higher level in my honest opinion then Summer League, I give the edge to Bennett.

Comment

Working...
                              X