Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I Excited about this Season

Toronto starting lineups

Lowry - no doubt he has trimmed down and looked more toned, my bet is he will post somewhere around 18ppg and will be another selection to the allstar game.
    DeRozan - This is his contract year so I will assume he will have a huge year with us by posting around 22ppg and will be an allstar this year
    DCaroll - His first season as a Raptors, he will bring the defense that TRoss lacked there of, I'm expecting him to post somewhere around 14-15ppg and 7rpb and will be our allstar in the next 2-3 years
    2Pat - His number will practically stay the same but will focus more on rebound and defense. I'm expecting somewhere around 8-9ppg
    Val - His number will increase and hopefully either him or DCaroll will considered as an allstar this year. I'm expecting somewhere around 12ppg-14ppg with 10rpg+ (A career double double guy)

Bench
    Cory Joseph - His brought from the Spurs and as a Canadian to play for a Canadian team, he should be excited and be our finest primary backup since Calderon days. I'm expecting huge play from Joseph when Lowry is injured
    T-Ross - He will be our backup and close to 6th man role, I think this suits well for T-Ross. Hope he will get back to his rookie year where he was most effective coming off the bench, i'm expecting 10+ppg for him and have nights where he can score 30+ ppts
    JJohnson - Our backup SF/PF, again a huge year for him where he will bring in nasty dunks and defense for the team and do all the little tricks to help us win big games
    Luis Scola - Our primary backup PF/C where he was terrific for the summer FIBA olympics. I'm expecting huge play from him, see him as a 7.5-8ppg type of guy and occasionally start for the team if 2Pat doesn't bode well or injured
    Bismack Biyombo - Our anchor when it comes down to defense, rim protector. There will be nights where we might see him and Val on the floor together and will provide interior defense for the team. I'm expecting at least 2blk from this guy on any given games

Others
    Delon Wright - Our third string PG, on his rookie year will show the team why we drafted him. He will come ready and play and i'm hoping 5ppg for his rookie season or he can surprise us and post 10+ppg so we might ship Lowry to another team and have him be our starting PG of the future. Never say never!
    Norman Powell - I'm excited to see this guy play, he could be the Monta Ellis, Gilbert Arenas or at the worst case Fred Jones of the draft who picked late and contribute significantly for their respectable teams. I'm hoping to see him posting somewhere around 8ppg in his rookie year
    Bruno Caboclo - Another year, another chance for the Brazilian Durant to shine. Hopefully he will play more games this year as opposed to be sending down to 905
    Lucas Noguiera - I see him shadowing Bismack Biyombo and will be the second coming and will probably shine either this year or the next but he will definitely not be a bust, I hope.

X-Factor: Anthony Bennett - He was brought in at the last few days coming into training camp. 1st pick overall, could he turn his career around as a Raptors, we will see. I still think he will be a Larry Johnson type of player late in his career but only time will tell.

Minimum X-Factor: Ronald Roberts - Think of Jamario Moon, a nobody who came in, participated in the dunk contest and provided us with some help offensively and defensively. There might be nights where he will be called in to play 1-2 games for us and see what this kid can do. I'm expecting some interesting play from this guy.

Last but not least
    Coach Casey - This is his final year and we will see if he can bring more to the team; however if we start 4-10, his ass will be fired and I'm thinking of bringing in Kevin Olie or some other coach so we can lure Kevin Durant next year.

I am excited cause there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE, this is the last season I have to watch Demar Derozan basketball.

Comment

No room for Ronald Roberts - 15 spots filled.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
        I am excited cause there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE, this is the last season I have to watch Demar Derozan basketball.
        Don't forget the possibility of Casey coaching his last Raptor game.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          Bench
          Cory Joseph - His brought from the Spurs and as a Canadian to play for a Canadian team, he should be excited and be our finest primary backup since Calderon days. I'm expecting huge play from Joseph when Lowry is injured
          you're predicting a lowry injury?!
          the original brow

Comment

douby leave me wrote: View Post
            you're predicting a lowry injury?!
            Lowry gets injured every single year
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              Lowry gets injured every single year
              He really hasn't been that bad compared to some guards out there.

Comment

Snooch + mcHappy = why I may be happy in the future

Until then. Grouch

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  He really hasn't been that bad compared to some guards out there.
                  Its usually nothing serious with Lowry but he always has nagging injuries which take a toll on him as the season goes on
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm not as excited going into this season as I was last season.

Last season, there was hope that the team learned from their heartbreaking loss to the Nets. That internal growth, plus extra motivation would equate to better results.

This season, with most of last year's core coming back, I don't think there were enough roster changes to make a significant difference. I still see a sub-50 win team who will struggle to make it past the 1st round.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm not as excited going into this season as I was last season.

Last season, there was hope that the team learned from their heartbreaking loss to the Nets. That internal growth, plus extra motivation would equate to better results.

This season, with most of last year's core coming back, I don't think there were enough roster changes to make a significant difference. I still see a sub-50 win team who will struggle to make it past the 1st round.
                      That's exactly how I feel as well.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Well, I see:

A (straight) exchange of DeMarre Carroll for Lou Williams ... bringing T-Ross off the bench as 6th man+D
                        An exchange of Greivis for CoJo, Delon and Norman Powell
                        An exchange of Bismack, Luis Scola, James Johnson (+ Anthony Bennett, Bebe one day) for Amir Johnson

I think we hope that:

A healthy Kyle and DeMar, motivated by the All-Star game and last year's exit, run the off./defensive systems faithfully and to the very best of their abilities
                        DD and JV make an incremental improvement ... and JV is ready for improved/expanded offensive and defensive roles
                        DD, KL, Carroll and Scola bring mentorship and veteran leadership to a pivotal, #Prove 'em year
                        Casey has learned a few things, and delegates responsibility well, so the coaches can bring all this together ... by Christmas?

It took the Cavs months to bring it together with that talent base. So I don't think the focus is wins, this year - it's just making the playoffs (a top 5 seed would be very nice) but coming together as a better team in so doing. And if so ... then?

A series win. And maybe a series upset ... or two.
                        So I see cause for cautious optimism here ... but a tough coaching challenge in a short time.
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Oct 2, 2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I don't really like the idea of T. Ross as a 6th man, if the term means he's a guy that is going to a focal point on offence coming off the bench. His skills are best suited to compliment a lead scorer or scorers. Whether that is in the starting line up or on the 2nd until doesn't change things.

Comment

Seeing Anothony Bennett play basketball for the Raptors .. I am excited about Scola ... He good be this years version of Garbo .

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I don't really like the idea of T. Ross as a 6th man, if the term means he's a guy that is going to a focal point on offence coming off the bench. His skills are best suited to compliment a lead scorer or scorers. Whether that is in the starting line up or on the 2nd until doesn't change things.
                              Perhaps I mis-spoke. 3-point assassin and dunking machine (+D) off the of the bench ... how's that?

(Contract year, baby ... Better bring it. Now would be good.)
                              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Oct 2, 2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X