Why am I Excited about this Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH nailed it.

But I'll admit I am hyped. We have a new leader in the locker-room, a new veteran presence and a guy who has been all the way twice.

As well as new defence-minded youngin's.

But the real thing that has me hyped is the way we improved without breaking the bank, nor have we put ourselves in a bad scenario. We also have the luxury of our star player being on the last year of his contract if things go awry, plus that NYK/DEN pick.

MU has us in a good spot. Should we be all comfy? I don't know yet. It all comes down to Casey. If Casey shows he can adapt and make the right rotation choices, were good. If not, well.... we'll see.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      This argument is so over blown. He used the skill set of the players he had last year, that was the whole problem! The skill sets were the opposite of what you want in a basketball team. It was a severely flawed team that we just talked ourselves into thinking was good.

No + defenders besides JJ who obviously did something stupid we don't know about and Amir who couldn't walk.

Casey exploited the "skills" of the types of players he had, and it was a mess.

This year with the new types of players if he works to exploit their skills it should be more in line with what most would consider good basketball.

I still think Casey has to go, but honestly look at last years team and tell me it didn't achieve exactly what it should have.
      Agreed. You look at the 1st and 2nd lines and think (at least in retrospect) this is going to hinge on DeMar and Lowry and Amir's health and JV's readiness. DD and Lowry had more than their share of issues, JV played but struggled in some important aspects, then the bench played out of their minds to get us to almost 50 wins. But it was a deeply flawed roster. I don't see anyone arguing that the guys that didn't play should have.

JJ and JV are held out as the x-factors that could have taken us to another level, and while I agree that that should have been the attempt, I don't know that the outcome is so much different. Could we have been a 55 win team last season?

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Conversely, there is an equally good chance that we sign him to a five-year deal and the rest of us get to watch your head explode.
        that would ve a catastrophe and would force me to find a new team to watch

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Agreed. You look at the 1st and 2nd lines and think (at least in retrospect) this is going to hinge on DeMar and Lowry and Amir's health and JV's readiness. DD and Lowry had more than their share of issues, JV played but struggled in some important aspects, then the bench played out of their minds to get us to almost 50 wins. But it was a deeply flawed roster. I don't see anyone arguing that the guys that didn't play should have.

JJ and JV are held out as the x-factors that could have taken us to another level, and while I agree that that should have been the attempt, I don't know that the outcome is so much different. Could we have been a 55 win team last season?
          Amir is gone my friend.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            Amir is gone my friend.
            His first paragraph is talking about last year's team.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
              that would ve a catastrophe and would force me to find a new team to watch
              Really? Resigning Derozan would actually make you stop supporting the Raptors Organization? Intense.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                Really? Resigning Derozan would actually make you stop supporting the Raptors Organization? Intense.
                Yes

DD is one of my least favorite players to watch in the league, why would I continue?

I watched DD for the first bit because I didnt know much about basketball, but I have learnt a lot in the past 2 years and my opinion of him has plumeted as a result.

I like Orlando's roster (not the coach), all of Milwaukee (minus greasy balls), Portland's and Menphis' style, Philly for Stauskas and hilarity (they are also very well coached and play fundamentally awesome basketball).

With so many options for better basketball to watch, why should I as a baskrletball fan first and foremost, support a team that:

1) features one of my least liked players in the league

2) pays rediculous sums of money to a meh player statistically, and one who I think is a major net negative

3) is coached by one of the worst coaches in the league and plays one of the ugliest, selfish styles of basketball I have seen since a Kobe montage on youtube

I'd even advise you to jump ship with me if MU is dumb enough to make even one of the DeRozan or Casey re-ups

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  probably not, but i would have to question it, and would watch much less without doubt.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                    I am excited cause there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE, this is the last season I have to watch Demar Derozan basketball.
                    agreed

Comment

Working...
                    X