No announcement yet.

BleacherReport - NBA Predictions 2015-16: Win-Loss Projections for Every Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BleacherReport - NBA Predictions 2015-16: Win-Loss Projections for Every Team

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...for-every-team

To sum it all up

West:

1. Warriors - 64-18
    2. Thunder - 60-22
    3. Clippers - 58-24
    4. Rockets - 57-25
    5. Spurs - 56-26
    6. Grizzlies - 53-29
    7. Pelicans - 47-35
    8. Jazz - 46-36
    12. Lakers - 31-51
    13. Trailblazers - 29-53
    14. Nuggets - 28-54
    15. Timberwolves - 26-56

East:

1. Cavaliers - 57-25
    2. Bulls - 52-30
    3. Hawks - 51-31
    4. Raptors - 50-32
    5. Wizards - 48-34
    6. Heat - 48-34
    7. Celtics - 45-37
    8. Bucks - 43-39
    12. Nets - 32-50
    13. Knicks - 30-52
    14. Magic - 29-53
    15. Sixers - 22-60

What they wrote about raptors

The Toronto Raptors came into the summer of 2015 with three clear needs: sturdier defense, more sharing on offense and more maple-blooded Canadians on both ends.

OK, so maybe only two of those three were actual needs, but general manager Masai Ujiri addressed all three anyway, with Toronto natives Cory Joseph and Anthony Bennett playing parts across the board. As the National Post's Eric Koreen recounted:

Lou Williams, perhaps the biggest offender of the team’s isolation-heavy offence, was allowed to leave to Los Angeles without so much as a low-ball offer. Greivis Vasquez, the worst perimeter defender on a team full of them, was shipped to Milwaukee. With the exception of Luis Scola and Anthony Bennett, a pair of low-risk signings, Ujiri’s whole summer focus was on passing and defending. He spent US$90-million total on DeMarre Carroll and Cory Joseph, who came from Atlanta and San Antonio, respectively. They will now be asked by the Raptors to amplify the smaller roles they played for those model franchises.
    Those moves could all prove to be window dressing at the end of the day. The core of this club (i.e. Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and Jonas Valanciunas) is the same that was one-and-done in each of the last two postseasons—embarrassingly so in 2015.

But even those three may bring more to the table this season. Lowry came to camp in impeccable shape, DeRozan will be playing for a new contract (assuming he opts out of his current one next summer), and Valanciunas, a 23-year-old entering his fourth season, will have more experience and a shiny, new extension to underwrite his burgeoning confidence.

Win-Loss Prediction: 50-32
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

My predictions

West:

1. Thunder - 62-21
    2. Warriors - 60-22
    3. Spurs - 59-24
    4. Rockets - 57-25
    5. Clippers - 57-26
    6. Grizzlies - 53-29
    7. Pelicans - 46-36
    8. Jazz - 44-38
    12. Lakers - 30-52
    13. Trailblazers - 29-53
    14. Nuggets - 29-53
    15. Timberwolves - 25-57

East:

1. Cavaliers - 58-24
    2. Hawks - 52-30
    3. Raptors - 51-31
    4. Bulls - 49-33
    5. Heat - 48-34
    6. Wizards - 47-35
    7. Bucks - 46-36
    8. Pacers - 43-39
    12. Nets - 32-50
    13. Knicks - 30-52
    14. Magic - 29-53
    15. Sixers - 22-60

Lottery Predctions (lol)
    1 Magic
    2 Sixers
    3 Timberwolves
    4 Nuggets
    5 Lakers
    6 Trailblazers
    7 NYK (Raptors)
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Lou Williams, perhaps the biggest offender of the team’s isolation-heavy offence, was allowed to leave to Los Angeles without so much as a low-ball offer. Greivis Vasquez, the worst perimeter defender on a team full of them, was shipped to Milwaukee.
      This is going to lead to an interesting philosophical debate this year. Was Lou iso'ing so much because he was allowed and even encouraged to do so? Was Greivis harmful just because of his presence or because we played him much more than he deserved?

DeMarre Carroll and Cory Joseph, who came from Atlanta and San Antonio, respectively. They will now be asked by the Raptors to amplify the smaller roles they played for those model franchises.
      These two are the test cases. We're going to see how much player value depends on the system and how important coaching really is.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        This is going to lead to an interesting philosophical debate this year. Was Lou iso'ing so much because he was allowed and even encouraged to do so? Was Greivis harmful just because of his presence or because we played him much more than he deserved?

These two are the test cases. We're going to see how much player value depends on the system and how important coaching really is.
        Lou said he was asked to ISO. He said in an interview with the Lakers he felt the Raptors used ISO plays too much

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Lou said he was asked to ISO. He said in an interview with the Lakers he felt the Raptors used ISO plays too much
          Just compare Lou's and GV's career numbers to their time under Casey. Casey throws his own players under the bus amd I'm astonished at how well it works.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I like the BR East predictions quite a bit, but I think they're underrating the Spurs out West. They'll be able to ride the younger legs of Kawhi, LMA, and Green all season. Parker, Duncan, and Ginobli will still be there every time it matters. And also, Popovich. 'Nuff said.

Comment

That looks better (Thank Vegas).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

I expect Derozan to be treated accordingly, if his defense is not going to be up to par and his offence is determined by heavy ISO with low field goal percentage again then I fully expect the Raptors to just let him walk at season end.

Comment

I'm going with 56 wins. We have the talent, I'm just not sure about the coaching, but I'm going to be optimistic for now.

Comment

Normally Bleacher Report predictions are crap but this one seems pretty spot on.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raptors break the 50 win barrier this year. 51 0r 52 seems right to me. Preseason has shown a lot more ball movement and some improved D. Whether Casey felt he was forced into a specific style on offense, or it was something he thought would succeed is relatively immaterial. He now has a different roster and seems to believe that a ball movement offense, as opposed to an Iso heavy one, is the way to go. And given the personnel, I thing ball movement suits the team much better. Better D, growth through improvement and an improved roster will lead to better results.

I am not taking any improvement in the Eastern conference into consideration here. I can only handle so many variables at once.

Comment

Milwaukee in 8th makes one realize that the East is pretty solid (finally).

Comment

I see a dip in wins. Maybe 45?
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            I see a dip in wins. Maybe 45?
                            I can see 50-55 wins. CoJo, Carroll and Biyombo have looked solid for the most part. Also Lowry looks like he'll be gunning for that MVP judging by the way he played in preseason. Still too early to say though.

Comment

I'm a little worried about the starters if Lowry doesn't carry this team for most of 82 games. In spite of all the criticism Lou and GV get now, the bench outperformed opposing teams by a wider margin than the starters did last season. Sorry (honestly) to bring up Casey again, but with the same coach tweaking his systems a bit, as the OP mentions your three core guys from last year are back (KL/DD/JV) and your biggest addition, Carroll, looked at his best in a system in Atlanta that was more or less the complete opposite of what Toronto was running offensively.

Whereas last year's role players scored well, this year's defend well and the W/L difference may be a wash. It's all up to KL maintaining a high level of play for a full season, JV progressing, and Casey making changes that maximize Carroll's addition and JV's potential. I'm hoping, but I'm skeptical.

Comment

Working...
                              X