X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Fuck yeah! I had completely forgotten about this.

I predict the Raptors will make the NBA Finals.

Let's keep this baby rolling.
    Nice one mate

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Bang on GREAT PREDICTION!
    Fuck yeah! I had completely forgotten about this.

I predict the Raptors will make the NBA Finals.

Let's keep this baby rolling.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm going with 56 wins. We have the talent, I'm just not sure about the coaching, but I'm going to be optimistic for now.
    Bang on GREAT PREDICTION!

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    koncept wrote: View Post
    Who else would be interested in a 4-5 rematch between WASH and TOR?
    in the immortal words of rambo "do we get to win this time"

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    Who else would be interested in a 4-5 rematch between WASH and TOR?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I see a dip in wins. Maybe 45?
    It's possible. So many unknowns. If Miami stays healthy (which they won't) they're pretty effing solid. I have no read on the pacers, they could go either way. The bucks are going to be better than 8th. Bulls will Bulls. Atlanta should be good but not as good as last year. If Melo stays healthy Knicks could fight for the 8 spot. Orlando will be a nightmare to play but won't win much. Wiz are better than us. We should be Charlotte this year.

I have no feel for this season other than a healthy Cleveland is gonna lay the smack down on the east.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I'm a little worried about the starters if Lowry doesn't carry this team for most of 82 games. In spite of all the criticism Lou and GV get now, the bench outperformed opposing teams by a wider margin than the starters did last season. Sorry (honestly) to bring up Casey again, but with the same coach tweaking his systems a bit, as the OP mentions your three core guys from last year are back (KL/DD/JV) and your biggest addition, Carroll, looked at his best in a system in Atlanta that was more or less the complete opposite of what Toronto was running offensively.

Whereas last year's role players scored well, this year's defend well and the W/L difference may be a wash. It's all up to KL maintaining a high level of play for a full season, JV progressing, and Casey making changes that maximize Carroll's addition and JV's potential. I'm hoping, but I'm skeptical.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I can see 50-55 wins. CoJo, Carroll and Biyombo have looked solid for the most part. Also Lowry looks like he'll be gunning for that MVP judging by the way he played in preseason. Still too early to say though.

Leave a comment:

• hotfuzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Milwaukee in 8th makes one realize that the East is pretty solid (finally).

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raptors break the 50 win barrier this year. 51 0r 52 seems right to me. Preseason has shown a lot more ball movement and some improved D. Whether Casey felt he was forced into a specific style on offense, or it was something he thought would succeed is relatively immaterial. He now has a different roster and seems to believe that a ball movement offense, as opposed to an Iso heavy one, is the way to go. And given the personnel, I thing ball movement suits the team much better. Better D, growth through improvement and an improved roster will lead to better results.

I am not taking any improvement in the Eastern conference into consideration here. I can only handle so many variables at once.

Leave a comment:

• OldSchool
    replied
    Normally Bleacher Report predictions are crap but this one seems pretty spot on.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I'm going with 56 wins. We have the talent, I'm just not sure about the coaching, but I'm going to be optimistic for now.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    This is going to lead to an interesting philosophical debate this year. Was Lou iso'ing so much because he was allowed and even encouraged to do so? Was Greivis harmful just because of his presence or because we played him much more than he deserved?

These two are the test cases. We're going to see how much player value depends on the system and how important coaching really is.
    I expect Derozan to be treated accordingly, if his defense is not going to be up to par and his offence is determined by heavy ISO with low field goal percentage again then I fully expect the Raptors to just let him walk at season end.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    That looks better (Thank Vegas).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X