Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Lol "bad assist" first time I've heard that. The reason why DD is able to jump in the air and find teammates or as you call it "bad assist" is cause he knows exactly where his teammates are suppose to be. That's knowing all your sets and knowing how the defense is playing you. Knowing how the defense will rotate and where your teammate are. Its called offensive awareness. So no DD is not just jumping in the air and hoping to find an open teammate. If that was the case he would have a bad assist to turnover ratio.
    basketball 101: do not jump to make a pass

Now if you're Lebron, okay. Lebron has earned the right and is a world class ball distributor who makes outstanding decisions with the ball, drawing the double then kicking to an open teammate. If you're doing it to bail yourself out because you've exhausted your other preferred options of driving or forcing a shot up, more than not, it will be a turnover. That is why it is a general rule.

It is a bad habit for Demar. He, like most of us, is who the rule was made for, he is not an exception to the rule, like perhaps Lebron is.

Comment

• They really should open the Everything DD thread again so we dont take over old preseason game threads...

I do have an interesting thought. Is DD becoming a limiting factor for the players surrounding him, and the teams success?

I dont see a correlation between DD playing well and the team winning like I do Lowry. Advanced stats supports CoJo, JV and Carroll for adding wins.

What if not having DD means we start using JV and Carroll more in fhe starting lineup, who are more efficient and better win producers?

Kind of like how DD's handles got better after we traded Jose because he now had to learn how to play without a player that dribbled 90% of the time. Could something like that heppen with scoring? In that train of though JV would have to score a lot more and we could potentially see a jump to an 18-20 ppg and 10 rpg guy....

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        They really should open the Everything DD thread again so we dont take over old preseason game threads...

I do have an interesting thought. Is DD becoming a limiting factor for the players surrounding him, and the teams success?

I dont see a correlation between DD playing well and the team winning like I do Lowry. Advanced stats supports CoJo, JV and Carroll for adding wins.

What if not having DD means we start using JV and Carroll more in fhe starting lineup, who are more efficient and better win producers?

Kind of like how DD's handles got better after we traded Jose because he now had to learn how to play without a player that dribbled 90% of the time. Could something like that heppen with scoring? In that train of though JV would have to score a lot more and we could potentially see a jump to an 18-20 ppg and 10 rpg guy....
        Yea DD's handles have definitely improved. I have very little issue with that part of his game at this point.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

When Kyle is healthy. People do know that DD was the one who missed 25 games last year. Last time he was healthy he was an all-star. People cant use "when healthy" when its comes to Lowry and leave it out when it comes to DD. Both of them were not healthy last year.

When both are healthy they are both All-star caliber players and top 10 players when it comes to their respective position.
          I'm just saying Kyle Lowry is our best scorer even when both him and DD are healthy. Also DD being top 10 at his position is nowhere near the accomplishment it is for Kyle to be that because the SG position is the weakest in the league while the PG position is the strongest or second strongest to SF. And if you're looking at advanced stats and efficiency Demar isn't even top 10 at his position.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Yea DD's handles have definitely improved. I have very little issue with that part of his game at this point.
            My main issue with Derozan isn't his ball handling, its his ball movement and his shot selection/efficiency

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
              basketball 101: do not jump to make a pass

Now if you're Lebron, okay. Lebron has earned the right and is a world class ball distributor who makes outstanding decisions with the ball, drawing the double then kicking to an open teammate. If you're doing it to bail yourself out because you've exhausted your other preferred options of driving or forcing a shot up, more than not, it will be a turnover. That is why it is a general rule.

It is a bad habit for Demar. He, like most of us, is who the rule was made for, he is not an exception to the rule, like perhaps Lebron is.
              I see your point but, throughout his career his never been turnover prone. If it ain't broken don't fix.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I'm just saying Kyle Lowry is our best scorer even when both him and DD are healthy. Also DD being top 10 at his position is nowhere near the accomplishment it is for Kyle to be that because the SG position is the weakest in the league while the PG position is the strongest or second strongest to SF. And if you're looking at advanced stats and efficiency Demar isn't even top 10 at his position.
                I understand what you mean but, Center is a pretty weak position as well. I don't see anyone using that against JV. You could even say that Center position is weaker than the SG position.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I understand what you mean but, Center is a pretty weak position as well. I don't see anyone using that against JV. You could even say that Center position is weaker than the SG position.
                  Plus being strong at weak positions gives you a competitive advantage.

Comment

You could say it but you'd be very wrong.

Comment

• Yeah, the centre position is the strongest it's been in a good long while.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        On this board. Sure.

In the real world. No. Nothing controversial about him.

DeRozan is what he is. He's the Raps best scorer. Iso guy. A borderline all star. If you don't like how he plays, then don't watch. Start cheering for other teams. It's pretty simple.
                        He is not Raps best scorer....unless you're talking straight PPG and then you're lacking significant context.

Re: bold..... this comes back to the name on the back of the jersey versus the name on the front of the jersey. I'm a fan of the Raptors and when I watch a significant part of the Raptors causing the team to underachieve based on his play, then I'm going to voice my opinion on that.

What gives me solace is next season when DD is on another roster many of his biggest fans will likely be gone with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          He is not Raps best scorer....unless you're talking straight PPG and then you're lacking significant context.

Re: bold..... this comes back to the name on the back of the jersey versus the name on the front of the jersey. I'm a fan of the Raptors and when I watch a significant part of the Raptors causing the team to underachieve based on his play, then I'm going to voice my opinion on that.

What gives me solace is next season when DD is on another roster many of his biggest fans will likely be gone with him.
                          Do you honestly think there are many DeMar fans that aren't hardcore Raptors fans?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Do you honestly think there are many DeMar fans that aren't hardcore Raptors fans?
                            It is tough to answer that.

On the one hand I would like to think obviously that is a yes.

But on the other hand his style of play doesn't translate in to wins. A good game by DD where most of his questionable shots and decisions work out for him is always taken in the context that they usually don't work out.

There is nothing remarkable about his play once you get past PPG and getting to the foul line. And even when you get past PPG and combine the efficiency, well, I get stomach sick just typing about it.

Comment

• Umm I didn't know this somehow turned into the Everything DeRozan thread
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Umm I didn't know this somehow turned into the Everything DeRozan thread
                                Welcome to RR!

We know you see the words "Everything Raptors" as the topic of the forum, and we know you see "Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST" as the thread name, but it's all wrong. They're DD threads. In fact, all the thread names are wrong.

THEY'RE ALL DEMAR THREADS.

ALL.
                                OF.
                                THEM.

Comment

Working...
                                X