Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Guys are so desperate for a star that they need to hate a guy that they wanted to be a super star, but is just a good player.

Why?

I have no idea. Derozan owes nothing to raps fans who have this sorry attitude, he works his ass off, represents the very city you live in to the max, and is basically a very good dude. So hate on him, post everyday how much you hate his game, want him gone, whatever......

It looks bad on the fan who seems to need to do this. Not the player. he's just there, playing a game.
    Amen.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't hate DD - I just judge players relative to their use and cost. DD has been used like a number one option, that use has a direct effect on the team, and he's mostly been terrible in that role. I've said again and again that if DD was in a sixth man role he would do well. A lot of 6th man players are very good, this is not meant to be an insult.

He's also going to cost 20%+ of the cap next season, and that's way too much to pay for a "good" player. Now, I disagree that he's a particularly good player, but even if he was a good player, those issues would remain problematic.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Your general team assesment proves my point.

DD looks fantastic with Team USA.

He isn't a superstar. He just isn't. So judging him as one is wrong.
        I think you get exactly what is expected from him.
        He's an above average shoot first 2 guard in the NBA. They are pretty common.
        God am I getting sick of the team USA narrative. He was used minimally and looked like a much worse version of an Iguodala type player. I must've missed the fantastic bit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhp!
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhp!
            Note thead's avatar for all DD related posts.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              God am I getting sick of the team USA narrative. He was used minimally and looked like a much worse version of an Iguodala type player. I must've missed the fantastic bit.

Looked sharp in those jerseys
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

That's the point limit the usage and stop forcing the offence and Demar is effective. Also force him to take perimeter and corner shots regardless of outcome instead of handing him the ball to dribble for an entire shot clock

Comment

• Raptors vs Lakers PRESEASON GAME 3 - 10pm EST

Demar is a good player who believes it's his job to take tough shots.

Blame it on Demar, the team, the system, the coach, his past teammates for not being better players....

That's his role in Toronto.

Back to the thread....

This preseason, I get the feeling that he's not forcing things as much as he was last year. The addition of Carroll and Joseph has made a difference already IMO. Lowry looks amazing and is playing like an all-star among d-leaguers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Blame it on Demar, the team, the system, the coach, his past teammates for not being better players....

Back to the thread....

This preseason, I get the feeling that he's not forcing things as much as he was last year. The addition of Carroll and Joseph has made a difference already IMO. Lowry looks amazing and is playing like an all-star among d-leaguers.

Yah he looked a lot more under control in the third game, and didn't really take a bad shot except for one fadeaway. He also made a couple of good basses IMO, so I expect him to have a good game against the twolves on Monday.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Back to the thread....

Lets hope that carries into the regular season and he becomes less ball dominant and more team-oriented.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Lets hope that carries into the regular season and he becomes less ball dominant and more team-oriented.
                        And that that translates into better efficiency.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          Demar needs to go. Conversation over and no explanation needed.
                          I gotta say I'm starting to agree with that. And I like Demar. I've often been considered pro-Demar (part of the district of derozan by some) although to some you can never like Demar enough - you can't view him with an objective eye.

If he is serious about wanting the max, goodbye Demar. He is not even close to be deserving of that kind of money. And he and his people are totally fucking delusional if they think he is. I'd prefer to get something for him instead of nothing though, if possible.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Lol its so hard for DD to get credit for anything. His obviously an above average passer for his position but, no its cause he gets luck. Even though turnover numbers are low. RR is something else.
                            Holy shit dude. How is he an above average passer!? Same way he's an above average 3 point shooter and defender?

Demar is elite at getting to the rim. He is an elite driver. He now has excellent handle. To compliment his elite level driving and getting to the hole he is a very good free throw shooter.

He is not a good shooter from 3. He is not a good ball distributor, he is not good defensively. Please live with these facts people. Anything else is totally fucking delusional.

Comment

Guys are so desperate for a star that they need to hate a guy that they wanted to be a super star, but is just a good player.

Why?

I have no idea. Derozan owes nothing to raps fans who have this sorry attitude, he works his ass off, represents the very city you live in to the max, and is basically a very good dude. So hate on him, post everyday how much you hate his game, want him gone, whatever......

It looks bad on the fan who seems to need to do this. Not the player. he's just there, playing a game.
                              He is a good player. No argument there. But he wants superstar money. Thus the critique

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                He is a good player. No argument there. But he wants superstar money. Thus the critique
                                Amping up the hate is justified because he's a free agent?

Comment

Working...
                                X