Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game 4: Minnesota Timberpups at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 12, 7:30pm ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS10 wrote: View Post
    I'd do that trade too.

I think if we wait until the next draft and that pick turns into a top 5 pick, I think the Kings would do the top 5 DEN/NYK pick + JV for Cousins.
    I'd honestly rather keep the top 5 pick. Could be as good/better a talent as anyone including DMC, and you get to pick 'your guy' too, who hopefully isn't the nutbag Cousins is.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      He signed his extension on August 20th. He cannot be traded for 6 months since he signed a 4 year extension. 6 months from Aug 20th is Feb 25th.. the deadline is Feb 18 next year.

He cannot be traded until the season is over.

#TrustBobbyMarks
      well, from August 20th till Feb 18 it is 182 days. so it boils down to when the contract was signed. was it acutally on the 20th, and at what time of the day was it, and how precise are the 6 month stipulations cause....

http://www.convertunits.com/dates/fr...o/Feb+18,+2016

cause 182 an exact 6 months would be 182.5 days.

SO we are talking 1/2 day here.

unless I am missing something.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I'd honestly rather keep the top 5 pick. Could be as good/better a talent as anyone including DMC, and you get to pick 'your guy' too, who hopefully isn't the nutbag Cousins is.

True, it depends if you want to win now or win later.

But if we have Cousins + Lowry + Carroll on our roster before next off-season, that combination of players on our roster would be a compelling argument to lure KD away from OKC and come to da 6.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I understand your reasoning, but Cousins is at least a top 15 player in the league, if not a top 10 player; on the other hand that pick might be a bust.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
            I understand your reasoning, but Cousins is at least a top 15 player in the league, if not a top 10 player; on the other hand that pick might be a bust.
            And there's a very good chance that a given top 5 pick will never be a top 15 player in the league.

Comment

Well, have you ever thought that maybe Cousins is a bust? He puts up huge numbers, even spreading them out to stats like assists and steals, rare spots of production for a C. But I'm still not at all convinced he mentally has what it takes to be a leader and franchise player. And that's what he wants to be, but he's clearly fucking clueless.

Meanwhile, you're trading a top 5 pick which in any draft has a good chance of being an all-star, if not a franchise talent. This draft is already looking like it has some intriguing talents. And there are some intriguing talents at the top of this draft, who could fit right into the roster we're building right now. And not be the nutbag Cousins has been so far. Obviously things could change and the draft could look terrible in June, but if guys like Simmons, Bender or even Murray (if he has a great year at Kentucky) are possibilities with our pick I'd rather keep it. Keep building with the core we have, and look for other all-stars on the free agent/trade market next summer.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                And there's a very good chance that a given top 5 pick will never be a top 15 player in the league.
                Is Cousins a top 15 player? Who'd be on that list other than him? Would any of them play for losing teams other than him? Doesn't that make you think twice about building a team around him?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  well, from August 20th till Feb 18 it is 182 days. so it boils down to when the contract was signed. was it acutally on the 20th, and at what time of the day was it, and how precise are the 6 month stipulations cause....

http://www.convertunits.com/dates/fr...o/Feb+18,+2016

cause 182 an exact 6 months would be 182.5 days.

SO we are talking 1/2 day here.

unless I am missing something.
                  It doesn't work based on days.

It works based on day of the month.

It is going to be February 20th before he can be traded.

Just like if you acquire a player over the cap, you cannot trade him with other player(s) for 2 months (i.e. trade goes down on the 5th, can't be traded until 2 months on the 5th).

Comment

Well, have you ever thought that maybe Cousins is a bust? He puts up huge numbers, even spreading them out to stats like assists and steals, rare spots of production for a C. But I'm still not at all convinced he mentally has what it takes to be a leader and franchise player. And that's what he wants to be, but he's clearly fucking clueless.

he is zach randolf like in young mentality. i think even suggesting cousins is a bust is going way way to far. easily best center in the league. super dominant. only 25.

i would do the proposed trade of cousins/mclemore for jv/dd and laugh to the bank.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      he is zach randolf like in young mentality. i think even suggesting cousins is a bust is going way way to far. easily best center in the league. super dominant. only 25.

i would do the proposed trade of cousins/mclemore for jv/dd and laugh to the bank.
                      The point of suggesting the "bust" thing was to try and put perspective. The expectation seems to be Cousins can be the franchise player. But is he that? If he's not, does that make him a "bust" considering how people view his talent?

As for the JV/DD thing, that wasn't what I was replying to. I was replying to whether I'd do JV and our Den/NYK pick even if it was top 5. That I simply would not do. I just don't like the idea of trading for Cousins in general. It'd be impossible to say no to the JV/DD deal, but I still think it probably ends up blowing up in your face. Cousins just doesn't seem to get it at all, and could easily stay a nutbag for his whole tenure in Toronto. You compare him to Randolph, well it took Randolph until his 4th team and 9th season to "get it".

Comment

As for the JV/DD thing, that wasn't what I was replying to. I was replying to whether I'd do JV and our Den/NYK pick even if it was top 5. That I simply would not do. I just don't like the idea of trading for Cousins in general. It'd be impossible to say no to the JV/DD deal, but I still think it probably ends up blowing up in your face. Cousins just doesn't seem to get it at all, and could easily stay a nutbag for his whole tenure in Toronto. You compare him to Randolph, well it took Randolph until his 4th team and 9th season to "get it".
                        i also wouldn't do jv and the #5

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Why in the world would Kings do this? JV wouldn't fit at all in Karl's system.
                          You can only hold onto an asset for so long though. Karl and DMC don't get along and Sac has been so shit for so long that they have to make a change at some point.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            You can only hold onto an asset for so long though. Karl and DMC don't get along and Sac has been so shit for so long that they have to make a change at some point.
                            But if they decide has to be giving up the supposedly most talented C of the game, doesn't that make you wonder about wanting to build with that player?

There was a good interview with Gregg Popovich on hoopshype today. It's all about character, and they basically talk to Pop about what character traits he looks for or looks to avoid when it comes to players.

Comment

Working...
                            X