Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see any Similarities between Raptors and Jays ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jays haven't been near the playoff in two decades yet are the best run franchise in the city by a large margin

Comment

I wish they would've got swept. Would've been funny but maybe they can still pull "Leafs"
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
        Jays have elite talent in Price, Bautista, Edwin, tulo and now donaldson. Raptors don't.
        I agree to a point.

3 of those guys were fielding a .500 level team at the allstar game though. It's all about pitching and momentum I think in baseball.

I also think elite players make a bigger difference in basketball over baseball. One or two guys can carry an entire team. I don't think that's possible in baseball (even pitchers only play 1 out of every four or five games).

Small market teams tend to do well in baseball but not basketball despite not having a salary cap.

Comment

they both use balls in their games.
          they are both teams filled with male athletes.
          they both have coaches.
          they play in the same city.
          both teams wear uniforms to play their respective games.
          both get fan support when they start winning.

Comment

This tread can be officially retired ... This Jays team is unlike any Toronto team in the last 20 plus years ...

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
              This tread can be officially retired ... This Jays team is unlike any Toronto team in the last 20 plus years ...
              Getting out of the first round will do that. Although, that's assuming you discount the Argos.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

They definitely have "IT", in spades!

Comment

The Texas team played like a Toronto team and the Toronto team played like a Texas team.

Comment

That's part of what went into the beer tossing etc. Nevermind the fact that that was one of the craziest innings in baseball ever, the fans had 20 years of expectation/frustration uncorking in that moment. Not just 20 years as Jays fans, either - 20 years as Toronto sports fans.

Wayne Gretzky's high stick no-call on Doug Gilmour still pisses me off.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      they both use balls in their games.
                      they are both teams filled with male athletes.
                      they both have coaches.
                      they play in the same city.
                      both teams wear uniforms to play their respective games.
                      both get fan support when they start winning.
                      LOL Nailed it.

Comment

Going through Blue Jay playoff run is quite different then a Raptor ( NBA playoff run ) as a fan ... Wow you only have half a day to debate discuss what happened wrong or right and you have another game ... NBA it is at times a two to three day break till you get the next game ..

Comment

Going through Blue Jay playoff run is quite different then a Raptor ( NBA playoff run ) as a fan ... Wow you only have half a day to debate discuss what happened wrong or right and you have another game ... NBA it is at times a two to three day break till you get the next game ..
                          I think that also translates to the players, in terms of Momentum carrying over game to game as well. There's really no time to dwell on any set backs or anything.

Comment

There is a similarity I see.....

The Jays managed to pick up a 29 YO 3B who had a breakout year..... and he's made the Jays a much better team.

Seems the Raps have done the same at SF.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Another similarity: Both getting crushed in the playoffs. Just in different rounds.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                There is a similarity I see.....

The Jays managed to pick up a 29 YO 3B who had a breakout year..... and he's made the Jays a much better team.

Seems the Raps have done the same at SF.
                                Donaldson is an MVP caliber player. Carroll is nothing more than a role player.

No comparison.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X