GAMETHREAD - Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers - Oct. 18/15 6PM ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Do you really think Raptors fans will boo DeRozan? come on. Why do you care so much about what these people say? lol.

I know there are 6-8 people in this forum(maybe more) that hate everything about DeRozan. But in the REAL WORLD, DeRozan is one of the most popular player if not the most popular player on this team. He'll go down IMO as the 3rd most popular Raptor of all time, just behind Vince and Bosh.
    I dislike his game, but won't go far as to boo him, even if he shoots 20% for the first 20 games. If that happens I'll hate him even more, but I try to stay optimistic.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      But in the REAL WORLD, DeRozan is one of the most popular player if not the most popular player on this team. He'll go down IMO as the 3rd most popular Raptor of all time, just behind Vince and Bosh.
      based on what?

oh yeah, nothing...cool

Comment

• The tide is turning on DD.

Anecdotal evidence: a couple of years ago guys I went to high school with, we get together for wings about once every 6-8 weeks, they use to make fun of my disdain for DDs game. 2-3 years later they all agree. Nothing but groans when he takes a contested long deuce. I keep my "I told ya" limited to once a night - lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          The tide is turning on DD.

Anecdotal evidence: a couple of years ago guys I went to high school with, we get together for wings about once every 6-8 weeks, they use to make fun of my disdain for DDs game. 2-3 years later they all agree. Nothing but groans when he takes a contested long deuce. I keep my "I told ya" limited to once a night - lol
          DD does hit, almost every game, one or two impossible looking shots. They tend to wipe the memory of the ugly, contested, long range twos that clang off the rim. Depending on your level of familiarity with his game, it's probably pretty easy to remember the tough shots that go in and forget about the tough shots (that should have never been taken or should have been passes) that miss.

At least, that's my theory of why everyone doesn't realize how inefficient he is. As long as you believe he is a great player, you will seek out any argument or stat that aligns with your belief. Confirmation bias at work.

Comment

• Fuck me, the next game isn't till Friday?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Fuck me, the next game isn't till Friday?
              Then it's regular season after that!
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Then it's regular season after that!
                Hope that means we have some good practices this week.

Comment

Working...
                X