No announcement yet.

What We've Learned about the 2015/2016 Raptors From the Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what to make of this team. It seems like some pieces don't fit (looking at you DD) and it also seems like we have a major talent shortage. Especially at the 4 position and at the 2.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      I have no idea what to make of this team. It seems like some pieces don't fit (looking at you DD) and it also seems like we have a major talent shortage. Especially at the 4 position and at the 2.
      Don't worry it'll all change next year when our lineup turns into:

Lowry
      Carroll
      KD
      Scola
      JV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

9. Have learned that Lucas Bebe Nogureia might be a hologram or has the Raps record for player who is perpetually injured.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

10. Axel Toupane needs to be cut and Casey needs to stop giving him minutes.

Hehe. I agree with all that's been said here. We do seem to have a log jam at the 4 now (Who do you start?) and well, I hope our 2's can both show up for a game at the same time for once.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

What I've learned is that:
            1) Lowry is taking preseason a bit too serious IMO...this isn't the time to be proving anything, but if it carries over into an entire regular season and then the playoffs, then great, go tear it up every preseason henceforth.
            2) Demar doesn't give a rats ass about preseason. 3) Bennett does not belong in the D-league, at all, unless it's for injury rehab.
            4) our style of play still seems shitty
            5) we will win games this season more due to our bench than our starters, like the last two seasons
            6) Biyombo is better than most think or thought

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              ...6) Biyombo is better than most think or thought
              Added this as item #9.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                What I've learned is that:
                1) Lowry is taking preseason a bit too serious IMO...this isn't the time to be proving anything, but if it carries over into an entire regular season and then the playoffs, then great, go tear it up every preseason henceforth.
                2) Demar doesn't give a rats ass about preseason. 3) Bennett does not belong in the D-league, at all, unless it's for injury rehab.
                4) our style of play still seems shitty
                5) we will win games this season more due to our bench than our starters, like the last two seasons
                6) Biyombo is better than most think or thought
                What if it's just so damn easy for Kyle now that he has leaned out that it only looks like he is trying to prove something. That would be just so sweet eh?

Think your bang on with your view that Demar like pretty much all veteran players hate the preseason.

If Bennett can log any meaningful minutes this year and contribute in a win or two someone is going to look pretty smart here in the 416.

Agree Bismack looks to be ready to play his 15 to 18 mins a night with a very clear idea on what he has to do.

Powell if he can improve that outside shot will see more minutes this year than the Brazillians combined.

As the exhibition games mercifully wind down our offensive sets should become more cohesive....

Louis Scola if he doesn't run out of gas by May will make a difference for us in the post season.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  ...Louis Scola if he doesn't run out of gas by May will make a difference for us in the post season.
                  Picked up this point and added it to the first post.

Comment

You obviously didn't watch CJ and AB start but consistently shine not for a game or 2 but for 18 games in July on team Canada first at the CAN -American Games followed by the FIBA AMERICAS OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT in Brazil !!! Those 18 games plus the pre season games allowed them to consistently show great skills on both sides of the ball !! As far as noticeable improvement JV and DD should NOT be lumped together ! JV has shown noticeable improvement and consistently, but still needs to work harder on getting open and presenting and wanting the BALL ! Unfortunately with DD we see too much of the same old selfish ISO mentality . He should continue to take the ball to the hoop BUT NOT almost every time he gets the ball !!! He makes himself far too predictable and inefficient thus HURTING the team with so many BAD forced shots while denying his open team mates great shots!!! He has fallen into this deep BAD habit in order to get HIS 22 pts. He could really help his team score another 8-10 points a game !!! I honestly don't think he realizes that this ISO habit ( similar to Rudy Gay) is not only hurting the team but hurting himself because if he does not SHOOT LESS and PASS MORE their is little chance of the Raps even considering re signing him. It's really DD. Change or your GONZO !!! Your could really help the team by scoring LESS !!! This is so important it may make or break the teams ability to win in the playoffs where DEFENSE is so much tougher !!! It obviously is not working with DD playing selfish ISO ball so IF he does not change long BEFORE the trade deadline UM wil have no choice but to TRADE him because history has proven the is NO chance of winning with him playing inefficient ISO ball which is so predictable it's EASY to shut down as the Wizards did in their painfull SWEEP last year !!! DD and his ability to change or not may well be the X factor determining the success or failure of the RAPS playoff aspirations this year! dD be the team leader by CHANGING !!!!! GO RAPS GO !!!
                    Last edited by steve; Wed Oct 21, 2015, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I didn't get to watch too many preseason games. I turned on at one point and thought "Who's that #6 running around chasing everyone on defence?" Then I realized it was Joseph. He looks like something we haven't seen here in a while.

Comment

steve wrote: View Post
                        You obviously didn't watch CJ and AB start but consistently shine not for a game or 2 but for 18 games in July on team Canada first at the CAN -American Games followed by the FIBA AMERICAS OLYMPIC QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT in Brazil !!! ...
                        Actually I watched all those games but took them for what they were...NOT NBA. I have given kudos to Joseph for his play in preseason and also mentioned that Anthony may be a heck of a deal at 900K. Props to both of them. But doing well in FIBA shouldn't make us blind to issues shown when playing during the preseason.

Comment

Only team not to increase pace over last season was the Raps.

/itsonlypreseason

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Only team not to increase pace over last season was the Raps.

/itsonlypreseason
                            The last point is a little flawed. The Raps shot A LOT of threes last season. I remember them setting a record last season for number of players hitting a certain number of threes. There simply isn't a place to make a big leap there.

The change in assist % is a small concern, but if there is any increase in assist % that should be a good thing being they were not implementing their offence for most of preseason.

I never was convinced, despite Casey claiming that they needed to run more that the Raps are a fast paced team. They have to generate their speed from the defensive end, otherwise these guys are better off in set plays...

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              The last point is a little flawed. The Raps shot A LOT of threes last season. I remember them setting a record last season for number of players hitting a certain number of threes. There simply isn't a place to make a big leap there.

The change in assist % is a small concern, but if there is any increase in assist % that should be a good thing being they were not implementing their offence for most of preseason.

I never was convinced, despite Casey claiming that they needed to run more that the Raps are a fast paced team. They have to generate their speed from the defensive end, otherwise these guys are better off in set plays...
                              Just for some specifics, rankwise, Raps dropped from 9th to 26th in three point attempts per game, and from 11th to 20th in 3pt%.

We were 28th in assist % last year and 28th in assist% this preseason, dropping 3.6% year over year.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Just for some specifics, rankwise, Raps dropped from 9th to 26th in three point attempts per game, and from 11th to 20th in 3pt%.

We were 28th in assist % last year and 28th in assist% this preseason, dropping 3.6% year over year.
                                part of the problem is 2Pats hasnt been shooting well and Ross and CoJo havent clicked yet but there is still alot of pointless ball movement and guys ball stopping for no reason. Its just preseason but the rotations are more troubling

Comment

Working...
                                X