Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is T Ross underappreciated by the Raptors fan base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drummond, Deandre Jordan, even Dwight Howard are high-impact C's who also have huge holes in their games - with salary cap restrictions, I don't know that I'd want to be building around core pieces that have you may have to sit in the 4th quarters of playoff games in order to give your team its best chance to win.

Even with that, you obviously take Drummond over Ross 10 times out of 10 in hindsight.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      Drummond, Deandre Jordan, even Dwight Howard are high-impact C's who also have huge holes in their games - with salary cap restrictions, I don't know that I'd want to be building around core pieces that have you may have to sit in the 4th quarters of playoff games in order to give your team its best chance to win.

Even with that, you obviously take Drummond over Ross 10 times out of 10 in hindsight.
      Not sure if Drummond exceeds Ed Davis under Casey. He can't shoot, fouls alot and besides blocks isn't a good defender. His rebounding might get minutes but that's iffy

Comment

I think Masai responded to this thread title with a "yes he is".
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

At $11M/year Ross will remain very much under appreciated.

Comment

Truss The Brotha Ross, Silk Will Need to Show His true ways of attacking the game.

Toronto has Tha 4!!! 4 Guys Who Can Lead The Team to a Championship, Out of Tha 4, Ross still has The Most Potential, even though 2 of the 4 are Allstars.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
              At $11M/year Ross will remain very much under appreciated.
              Actually, I think it's a shame tonight's not a home game. I'd bet Ross is going to miss out on quite an ovation.

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Actually, I think it's a shame tonight's not a home game. I'd bet Ross is going to miss out on quite an ovation.
                In agreement. Perhaps at the Nov 10 home game vs the Knicks.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Not sure if Drummond exceeds Ed Davis under Casey. He can't shoot, fouls alot and besides blocks isn't a good defender. His rebounding might get minutes but that's iffy
                  He's supremely talented. SVG will turn him into all pro

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    I don't really see T. Ross as being underappreciated. He's a lottery pick with tantalizing ability, but doesn't have the drive to excel. If he only had the ability of someone like DeMar then he'd be out of the league.
                    Interesting ... (And kudos to Demar, of course).

But the "drive" does kick in later for some guys. Daniel Nestor (a Canadian tennis pro who won millions as a top-two or three doubles player [over nearly two decades?]) was, at one point, the highest ranked men's singles player in Canadian history. But he admits now that he just didn't "get it". And (to his credit) he openly praises Milos Raonic for making the most of his opportunities now. As mentioned, Nestor eventually "got it" and went on to be a stellar (and wealthy) doubles player, winning dozens of titles in major tournaments. But he still regrets missing the "brass-ring" of singles glory.

So now, TRoss. Now would be the time.

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
                      He's supremely talented. SVG will turn him into all pro
                      SVG will, Casey wouldnt

Comment

• GM, Coach and team's job, put a player in a position that they will be productive and succeed. Not be like us fans on a bad day and bitch about it. In Three Games they seem to be placing Ross in a position to succeed, so kudos on good team management internally.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                          GM, Coach and team's job, put a player in a position that they will be productive and succeed. Not be like us fans on a bad day and bitch about it. In Three Games they seem to be placing Ross in a position to succeed, so kudos on good team management internally.
                          Ross got paid. Now he can disappear quietly into the shadows until he needs another contract

Comment

Working...
                          X