Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I cant believe this guy didnt get an NBA deal. Theres untapped potential here
    I wonder if it had anything to do with the 2 minutes he was on the court for Game 2 against the Cavs? If I was a GM and saw that game, I'd pass on him as well.

Actually funny enough the second game against the Wizards was worst. Played 5 minutes. Had 1 FGA (he missed), 2 turnovers, and 5 fouls. He was a -19 in those 5 minutes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I wonder if it had anything to do with the 2 minutes he was on the court for Game 2 against the Cavs? If I was a GM and saw that game, I'd pass on him as well.

Actually funny enough the second game against the Wizards was worst. Played 5 minutes. Had 1 FGA (he missed), 2 turnovers, and 5 fouls. He was a -19 in those 5 minutes.
      If I was a gm and based my player scouting on 2 minutes of a playoff game I was watching at home I'd probably fire my own ass
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Surprising because he's shown flashes of brilliance. Not surprising because those flashes come buried under long stretches of ineptitude.

He's got 4 NBA seasons under his belt. Can we say he's really improved over those years?

Comment

• He probably got good money in Spain, along with some comfort with the league and expected playing time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It's surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Surprising because he's shown flashes of brilliance. Not surprising because those flashes come buried under long stretches of ineptitude.

He's got 4 NBA seasons under his belt. Can we say he's really improved over those years?
            Yeah, he's hitting that stage where teams using roster spots on raw/untapped talent are looking at guys who have gotten far less NBA-level opportunity than Bebe has.

I loved that one game vs the Bucks where all the Milwaukee fans were convinced our 3rd string centre was better than any of the bigs on their roster. Maybe Bebe's highlight of the year.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              He probably got good money in Spain, along with some comfort with the league and expected playing time.
              Well he got probably around 300 or 500K which is less than what you will get for an NBA minimum salary. All Bebe has to do is stay healthy and play consistently if he wants to join an NBA playoffs team in the summer as a 3rd string centre.

Comment

• This feels like a good time to remind everyone of my personal favourite bebe quote:

“I never know (if I’m going to play),” Nogueira said. “I’m always there sitting on the bench, drinking coconut water, watching the game. Some days, they say ‘Lucas, go ahead,’ and I just go and play.

Comment

Sometimes there are reasons why untapped potential is destined to remain untapped, though.

I, for instance, have untapped potential for six-pack abs.

Comment

• Comment

• Wtf he has a gray beard? I guess we did give him a chance! Lol. Casey should have given him a game here or there with 24+ minutes. Casey has a propensity to bench guys especially young guys (and JV) as soon as they get traction so their heads wont get too big. Apparently case did such a good job at keeping him in check he became depressed. He had very good spurts, he plays the game well seems to be where he should be. Nothing was ever drawn up for him Casey just let him out there to drift unaware what his place was he created doubt in Lucas. He has the tools just needed time and a proper coach. He’ll be back 100%

Comment

• The DeRozan thread was moved immediately to the NBA forum after the trade. While a thread about a scrub somehow is still in the Everything Raps forum. Hmm.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          The DeRozan thread was moved immediately to the NBA forum after the trade. While a thread about a scrub somehow is still in the Everything Raps forum. Hmm.
                          DeRozan plays for another NBA team now. The Raptors technically still have Nogueira's Bird Rights.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan plays for another NBA team now. The Raptors technically still have Nogueira's Bird Rights.
                            Still it was a monumental trade..I feel like an "everything Spurs" thread or something close to it would not be inappropriate for this season. Most or all of us will keep a fairly close eye on Yak and Deebo this year, and it would generate buzz. I don't visit "Lets NBA"
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Still it was a monumental trade..I feel like an "everything Spurs" thread or something close to it would not be inappropriate for this season. Most or all of us will keep a fairly close eye on Yak and Deebo this year, and it would generate buzz. I don't visit "Lets NBA"
                              mfw somebody suggests actually using "Lets NBA"

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Is Keon being "deliberately obtuse" Dan? Or maybe he's making a good point...

Comment

Working...
                                X