Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Lucas Nogueira

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
    Is Keon being "deliberately obtuse" Dan? Or maybe he's making a good point...
    He's not making a good point. Anyone interested in the DD thread can visit the NBA forum. I do.

    Lots of members could make the same argument for any thread in the other forums. Being too lazy to visit another section of the same forum to keep a close eye on players you really care to keep an eye on can be just as easily made into someone complaining that they have to go to the fantasy forum to talk Dynasty, or to the Sports junkie forum to follow the Jays or Leafs, or to the non-basketball forum to find the politics thread. If you want to talk about DD, go to the NBA thread. He's an NBA player. That's where those discussions are. If you don't really care and are just kicking up a fuss to be a pain, then, yeah, I buy that you won't go to the NBA forum to find those discussions you claim to really care about.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      He's not making a good point. Anyone interested in the DD thread can visit the NBA forum. I do.

      Lots of members could make the same argument for any thread in the other forums. Being too lazy to visit another section of the same forum to keep a close eye on players you really care to keep an eye on can be just as easily made into someone complaining that they have to go to the fantasy forum to talk Dynasty, or to the Sports junkie forum to follow the Jays or Leafs, or to the non-basketball forum to find the politics thread. If you want to talk about DD, go to the NBA thread. He's an NBA player. That's where those discussions are. If you don't really care and are just kicking up a fuss to be a pain, then, yeah, I buy that you won't go to the NBA forum to find those discussions you claim to really care about.
      If you are in the fantasy league then yes you should go to the fantasy forum cause 95% of us aren't

      If you wanna talk Jays or Leafs in a deep dive you should get an account on their discussion forums

      If you wanna talk Trudeau and Trump have at er...I'm sick of both of them

      We are here at Everything Raptors, and 99% of us are still interested in Yak and Demar. I mean shit last year we had an Eastern Conference thread and a Boston Celtics thread which were basically the Demographic Shift show.

      Everything doesn't need to be so black and white, and governed by rules. This is a small community we don't need to direct traffic like Shangai rush hour.

      You're starting to sound like the bylaw officer who says my Barbeque needs to be 3.6 meters from the property line
      Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Sep 27th, 2018, 04:12 PM.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
        If you are in the fantasy league then yes you should go to the fantasy forum cause 95% of us aren't

        If you wanna talk Jays or Leafs in a deep dive you should get an account on their discussion forums

        If you wanna talk Trudeau and Trump have at er...I'm sick of both of them

        We are here at Everything Raptors, and 99% of us are still interested in Yak and Demar. I mean shit last year we had an Eastern Conference thread and a Boston Celtics thread which were basically the Demographic Shift show.

        Everything doesn't need to be so black and white, and governed by rules. This is a small community we don't need to direct traffic like Shangai rush hour.

        You're starting to sound like the bylaw officer who says my Barbeque needs to be 3.6 meters from the property line
        I think you underestimate the amount of work and headaches the mods have had to put into the DD thread and how relieving it likely is to have it in a less busy corner of the forums.

        All I'm saying is if you really cared even a little bit, you'd have no issue going to the NBA forum to find it.

        And I personally didn't like how Boston-centric that thread got (trash team that they were and continue to be), but it's hard to argue a standings post watching where the Raptors sit is not Raptors related.

        I don't actually care about the thread placement rules much. I just figure they are there, there's no real reason to want to deviate from them, and I appreciate all the work the mods do to keep this place running and haranguing them about moving threads to where they technically belong doesn't seem the best way to express that. I certainly don't commiserate with those who care sooooo much that they have to whine and complain but also sooooo little that they can't click twice to get to the thread.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          I think you underestimate the amount of work and headaches the mods have had to put into the DD thread and how relieving it likely is to have it in a less busy corner of the forums.

          All I'm saying is if you really cared even a little bit, you'd have no issue going to the NBA forum to find it.

          And I personally didn't like how Boston-centric that thread got (trash team that they were and continue to be), but it's hard to argue a standings post watching where the Raptors sit is not Raptors related.

          I don't actually care about the thread placement rules much. I just figure they are there, there's no real reason to want to deviate from them, and I appreciate all the work the mods do to keep this place running and haranguing them about moving threads to where they technically belong doesn't seem the best way to express that. I certainly don't commiserate with those who care sooooo much that they have to whine and complain but also sooooo little that they can't click twice to get to the thread.
          What is this forum criteria though, exactly? Is it "anything raptors related"? Because if that's what it is, demar derozan & poeltl discussions to a lesser extent are both, I think, clearly raptors related, probably about as much as things in the conference are raptors related. Demar is part of the raptor's history, people are going to be asking him all year about his history with the raps and the differences for him in san antonio, comparing his years with the raptors to his current year, comparing how the raptors do this year with kawhi to how they did last year with demar. This all sounds pretty "raptors related" to me. A lot more so than a leafs thread.

          Even if you deem that it's not super "raptors related", as pointed out above, threads that weren't very "raptors related" but popular were left in the past - why not this one?

          Can anyone who cares a lot about demar & jak go to let's nba? Obviously. And most who care a lot probably do, at some point. But I don't know about you, when I'm viewing these forums, I generally don't go to look for a specific one. You open up "everything raptors", see what's moved to the top, and what the recent discussion is about. I don't go on looking for kyle lowry news, most of the time, and if you were to move his thread to let's nba or anywhere else, I would probably pay a lot less attention to it, if any. Even if many who care are willing to go to "let's nba", the fact is, I think, that by moving a thread out of everything raptors you are minimizing discussion on it, just due to behaviours of users on this forum, regardless of specific demar interest. Ones who care less may participate more, if a thread is placed differently.

          As for differing placement of the demar thread causing extra work for the mods, I genuinely just don't know about or understand said extra work. What extra work exactly does having the demar thread in everything raptors cause?

          Comment


          • Word outta Vancouver is Kyle Lowry refuses to speak to the media until we move Derozan discussion to the main board
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Word outta Vancouver is Kyle Lowry refuses to speak to the media until we move Derozan discussion to the main board
              Derozan Discussion will move on Friday...

              Comment


              • I'm a frequent user of RR and if I could make a request it would be to create one thread in the Everything Raptors forum and call it "Everything NBA". Than just use that one thread to talk about anything NBA related that's not just about the Raptors.

                Could even sticky it.

                That would keep discussions going about topics that some of us might be interested in (like DeMar, or the Jimmy Butler saga, etc). And I don't really know if we need separate threads about different NBA topics unless of course it's Raptor related.

                If the thread gets way to big you can lock it and create a new one. We really only care about current events for the most part anyway and its easier to keep track of those in one thread than many.

                Just my two cents.

                Comment


                • planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'm a frequent user of RR and if I could make a request it would be to create one thread in the Everything Raptors forum and call it "Everything NBA". Than just use that one thread to talk about anything NBA related that's not just about the Raptors.

                  Could even sticky it.

                  That would keep discussions going about topics that some of us might be interested in (like DeMar, or the Jimmy Butler saga, etc). And I don't really know if we need separate threads about different NBA topics unless of course it's Raptor related.

                  If the thread gets way to big you can lock it and create a new one. We really only care about current events for the most part anyway and its easier to keep track of those in one thread than many.

                  Just my two cents.
                  Yes. This. Planetmars for prime minister
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X