X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'm gonna guess casey told him he's likely a DNP tonight. And he's probably pissed after a career game. These Brazilians and their attitude tho lol
    I think that is a pretty good assessment of what the "talk" was about. Has to be frustrating to not get the chance to prove himself in a contract year. He's just too far down in the pecking order in Toronto to get the type of opportunity he is looking for. Too good to be a end of bench player, but too many better players ahead of him in the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Not trying to read too much into this but perhaps not getting an extension from Masai could have fueled him to work extra hard, and he thinks talking to reporters/media might interfere with his commitment to his game?? He played very well the other night so if not having a media presence helps him grow as a player then I'm all for it.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'm gonna guess casey told him he's likely a DNP tonight. And he's probably pissed after a career game. These Brazilians and their attitude tho lol

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    ??

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Can we officially change his nickname from "Bebe" to "Moving Screen?"

Please and thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    Yeah but IF Casey does the Wright thing then PNR with yak n delon should help yak. He has a good touch around and the rim and those guys know each other...
    One thing about Yak that has impressed me tremendously is how quickly he goes up. I believe he is the fastest player on the team at going from receiving the ball to throwing it through the hoop.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsnz
    replied
    Another problem with Bebe is that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes in game. Against the Pelicans a couple of weeks ago he keep having his hands down when Anthony Davis drove on him and kept getting called for fouls, although obviously that's a tough cover. But even last night Kaminsky kept just blowing right on by him, and his habit of jumping at anything slightly resembling a pumpfake is well known.

But still, he's better than Poetl most nights and so I think he should remain the back up for now. He's a pseudo-rookie as well in terms of playing time. It's a good thing long term that we've got 2 young back up bigs we can play.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Come on, it was one good game (quarter!) from Poeltl. He has been put out there other times this year and it's about 50/50 whether he does something effective or looks completely lost and blows plays.

Bebe has limitations but is still the most useful 7 footer after JV. Last night showed what Poeltl can be, it doesn't mean he's there yet. Being able to bring it every night is the #1 thing you have to have to crack the regular rotation, we haven't seen it from Poeltl yet.

Use Bebe in a trade package this summer and give Poeltl his job next year.

There should be fewer backup C minutes anyway with Ibaka, which is good, Bebe/Poeltl/Siakam all too underdeveloped to ride them as much as the Raptors have needed to this season.
    I agree that BeBe is still solid. I'd move him in a trade package with Cory/Carroll if I could though, with ideally a cheap, decent depth wing coming back. Clears salary, a couple of gluts, and paves the way for Poeltl and Wright to get the playing time they need to develop.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    I agree with all the flaws being brought about bebe most involving lack of strength and his fouling/pouting but he also seems not to be playing to his strengths as well he should be quick enough to move back to guard the three point line and his rim presence is eroding compared to the beginning of the year.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    Yeah but IF Casey does the Wright thing then PNR with yak n delon should help yak. He has a good touch around and the rim and those guys know each other. 2nd units usually don't have that continuity unless they've played together awhile. Yak and dw are used to being #1/2 option together for a whole game.
    Bebe had a terrible sequence in the 2nd where he fumbled the pass and tried a couple post ups that was like watching butter melt. Jv avg like 3 or 4 post ups a gm.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    The coach keeps saying that we need to play with more toughness and physicality. Bebe brings NONE of that. He's not even that good of a defender. And he's a HORRIBLE rebounder.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I would completely take him out of the rotation. Just rotate, JV, Ibaka, PP with Poetl as the 4th big.
    Come on, it was one good game (quarter!) from Poeltl. He has been put out there other times this year and it's about 50/50 whether he does something effective or looks completely lost and blows plays.

Bebe has limitations but is still the most useful 7 footer after JV. Last night showed what Poeltl can be, it doesn't mean he's there yet. Being able to bring it every night is the #1 thing you have to have to crack the regular rotation, we haven't seen it from Poeltl yet.

Use Bebe in a trade package this summer and give Poeltl his job next year.

There should be fewer backup C minutes anyway with Ibaka, which is good, Bebe/Poeltl/Siakam all too underdeveloped to ride them as much as the Raptors have needed to this season.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Also annoying to see him hang his head, like his dog just died, after every whistle against him.
    ^This.

It'so annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    We need to get #takethelayup trending for Bebe, it's so infuriating to see him always not take open lay ups to pass it out to shooters.
    Also annoying to see him hang his head, like his dog just died, after every whistle against him.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I would completely take him out of the rotation. Just rotate, JV, Ibaka, PP with Poetl as the 4th big.
    Unfortunately its most likely going to be Poeltl out of the rotation with Ibaka coming in. JV will see no minutes in the 4th as per usual, with Bebe getting some minutes and Ibaka getting the rest in a small ball lineup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X