X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWaterboy
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I cant believe this guy didnt get an NBA deal. Theres untapped potential here
    Sometimes there are reasons why untapped potential is destined to remain untapped, though.

I, for instance, have untapped potential for six-pack abs.

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    This feels like a good time to remind everyone of my personal favourite bebe quote:

“I never know (if I’m going to play),” Nogueira said. “I’m always there sitting on the bench, drinking coconut water, watching the game. Some days, they say ‘Lucas, go ahead,’ and I just go and play.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He probably got good money in Spain, along with some comfort with the league and expected playing time.
    Well he got probably around 300 or 500K which is less than what you will get for an NBA minimum salary. All Bebe has to do is stay healthy and play consistently if he wants to join an NBA playoffs team in the summer as a 3rd string centre.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It's surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Surprising because he's shown flashes of brilliance. Not surprising because those flashes come buried under long stretches of ineptitude.

He's got 4 NBA seasons under his belt. Can we say he's really improved over those years?
    Yeah, he's hitting that stage where teams using roster spots on raw/untapped talent are looking at guys who have gotten far less NBA-level opportunity than Bebe has.

I loved that one game vs the Bucks where all the Milwaukee fans were convinced our 3rd string centre was better than any of the bigs on their roster. Maybe Bebe's highlight of the year.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    He probably got good money in Spain, along with some comfort with the league and expected playing time.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    It's surprising and not surprising at the same time.

Surprising because he's shown flashes of brilliance. Not surprising because those flashes come buried under long stretches of ineptitude.

He's got 4 NBA seasons under his belt. Can we say he's really improved over those years?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I wonder if it had anything to do with the 2 minutes he was on the court for Game 2 against the Cavs? If I was a GM and saw that game, I'd pass on him as well.

Actually funny enough the second game against the Wizards was worst. Played 5 minutes. Had 1 FGA (he missed), 2 turnovers, and 5 fouls. He was a -19 in those 5 minutes.
    If I was a gm and based my player scouting on 2 minutes of a playoff game I was watching at home I'd probably fire my own ass

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I wonder if it had anything to do with the 2 minutes he was on the court for Game 2 against the Cavs? If I was a GM and saw that game, I'd pass on him as well.

Actually funny enough the second game against the Wizards was worst. Played 5 minutes. Had 1 FGA (he missed), 2 turnovers, and 5 fouls. He was a -19 in those 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Hope he gets access to plenty of coconut water in Spain.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Why is there a Lucas Nogueria thread? More importantly why is Bebe still in the same shape since he entered the league?
    Because he plays for the raptors? Is it cluttering up the front page too much for you?

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Why is there a Lucas Nogueria thread? More importantly why is Bebe still in the same shape since he entered the league?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I don't think consmap meant anything by it, it's just funny/incongruous that someone with face tats would like something as purposely bland and inoffensive as Nickelback.

I'd have the same reaction if a clean cut guy like Steph Curry revealed that he listens to death metal.
    I wasn't serious. Should have used the pink font. But clearly that mug shot shows a guy that disproves my claim.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    C'mon man. The outside doesn't equal the inside, or every person with a pierced nose ring would be a goof.

Be a better person than that. #LooksDon'tCount
    I don't think consmap meant anything by it, it's just funny/incongruous that someone with face tats would like something as purposely bland and inoffensive as Nickelback.

I'd have the same reaction if a clean cut guy like Steph Curry revealed that he listens to death metal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X