No announcement yet.

Biggest concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By process of elimination...eliminating iso players like Lou GV, there should theoretically be more ball movement this year shouldn't there? Things are looking up folks!

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      By process of elimination...eliminating iso players like Lou GV, there should theoretically be more ball movement this year shouldn't there? Things are looking up folks!
      Let's hope that Lowry and DeRozan don't come into camp with the mentality that they have to "make up" for Lou and GV's absence.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Let's hope that Lowry and DeRozan don't come into camp with the mentality that they have to "make up" for Lou and GV's absence.
        Meh, they'll get tired eventually and have to pass.

Comment

I like how in less than 2 seasons Casey ruined GV's reputation in Toronto. The guy came to the team tagged as a PG who "led the league in assists the year he was allowed to start" to a PG who "was one of the core perpetrators of an embarrassing ISO offense that will all magically disappear now that he's gone and the coaching staff isn't handcuffed by having to cater the offense to a couple of backup guards." What a pile of shit the excuses for last year's offense are.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            I like how in less than 2 seasons Casey ruined GV's reputation in Toronto. The guy came to the team tagged as a PG who "led the league in assists the year he was allowed to start" to a PG who "was one of the core perpetrators of an embarrassing ISO offense that will all magically disappear now that he's gone and the coaching staff isn't handcuffed by having to cater the offense to a couple of backup guards." What a pile of shit the excuses for last year's offense are.
            That will probably be GV's biggest impact on the Raps. It'll be even worse if the Bucks can undo it.

It's bolded because it deserves to be read at least twice.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

You guys are on the money. I'm pretty sure war and famine are also Casey's fault. So weird the rest of the world doesn't see this.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                That will probably be GV's biggest impact on the Raps. It'll be even worse if the Bucks can undo it.

It's bolded because it deserves to be read at least twice.
                I can't believe the narrative still has legs. Lou and GV were BACKUPS and they've become the scapegoats for how the team was run last year. As though it didn't have much to do with the systems implemented by the coaching staff - like the guy in the suit who stands on the sidelines calling out plays. Or the starting guards. You know, the guys who played the most minutes with the ball in their hands and took most of the shots. But yeah, let's blame the whole season on a couple of backups who are no longer in town. Sounds easy enough.

Comment

You guys are on the money. I'm pretty sure war and famine are also Casey's fault. So weird the rest of the world doesn't see this.
                  I'll bet the Clippers are just glad Matt Barnes is finally gone. Now Doc Rivers and Chris Paul can run the offense the way they want. Pretty sure they would have made the Finals if it weren't for those pesky role players demanding the whole team's systems cater to them.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I fully expect this to happen when the "new" ball movement offense inevitably sputters and Casey starts to panic. He will encourage DD & Lowry to return to "what worked last year", while openly blaming the offensive slippage on the loss of Lou, GV and Amir's intangibles.

I mean, Casey is on record as pinning last season's defensive drop-off entirely on losing John Salmons (wtf), so the precedent has been clearly set.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      I fully expect this to happen when the "new" ball movement offense inevitably sputters and Casey starts to panic. He will encourage DD & Lowry to return to "what worked last year", while openly blaming the offensive slippage on the loss of Lou, GV and Amir's intangibles.

I mean, Casey is on record as pinning last season's defensive drop-off entirely on losing John Salmons (wtf), so the precedent has been clearly set.
                      Casey is good at throwing his players under a bus and lamenting the loss of players that never should have been used as much in the first place.

Comment

to many to mention

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                          to many to mention
                          Which is why you sum it up into one like I did.

Casey.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Hahahahaha....oh it hurts because it's true.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                            X