X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    That whole Pacers lineup is a mess. Mahmininini & Miles starting? And Monta Ellis has been an subtraction-by-addition type of player on previous teams. Indy isn't even in a position to tank properly. WTH is Larry Legend doing?
    Their owner will never tank. He didn't want to tank when he was much younger, and now he's around 80, he won't start now. They haven't had a top 9 pick for close to 30 years, not counting that pick that they got from the Raptors for Antonio Davis.

Monta Ellis is a good addition for them IMO, they needed that dynamic penetrating guard. George Hill is a nice fit next to him.

I really didn't like that they basically gave up Hibbert for nothing, I think Bird got emotional and screwed up there. Ujiri would've been much more patient and probably got some picks for him.

Other than that, not much that Bird can do if the owner wants to win now.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    That whole Pacers lineup is a mess. Mahmininini & Miles starting? And Monta Ellis has been an subtraction-by-addition type of player on previous teams. Indy isn't even in a position to tank properly. WTH is Larry Legend doing?
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night. This roster is their idea of trying to keep things going while they've got George? That's a bottom 5 team without him. That roster sucks.

The coach is still good.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    They should have tanked for Okafor or Towns while PG was hurt. Tanking now makes no sense

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    On a side note, what was Indiana thinking? Do they really expect to be able to compete with two career bench players as their starting bigs? No wonder they wanted Paul George to play 4!
    And their home opener is against Memphis tonight. They have my condolences.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    On that I have no clue, except maybe to try and lighten George's load enough so he doesn't just demand a trade at the end of the year. Seriously, it's not hard to imagine George wanting out in the near future. I mean, where is Indy going?
    I would welcome George here

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Could be. But why bother signing Ellis then?
    On that I have no clue, except maybe to try and lighten George's load enough so he doesn't just demand a trade at the end of the year. Seriously, it's not hard to imagine George wanting out in the near future. I mean, where is Indy going?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Jonas had a great game, no doubt. But let's not forget that Mahinmi and Hill are borderline NBA players.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Well 21pts on 8-11 and 15 rebounds in 32 minutes is a good start.

Prime Time Baby!
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with yes.
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Toldya he'd be looking fit for game 1. He was just overpowering Mahinmi, rebounding like a boss. At this point I'd be surprised if Jonas/Biz wasn't one of the best Centre-rotations in the league.
    It sure was a great first game for Jonas ... he's gotta be happy. I think he and Biz are going to get along very well, and help each other. A real bright spot.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Jonas had a great game, no doubt. But let's not forget that Mahinmi and Hill are borderline NBA players.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I honestly think they're basically tanking. I can't believe Bird would put this team together and expect them to compete. They have no starting caliber bigs, and Stuckey is basically their only proven bench piece. Gonna be a long year for Paul George.
    Could be. But why bother signing Ellis then?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    On a side note, what was Indiana thinking? Do they really expect to be able to compete with two career bench players as their starting bigs? No wonder they wanted Paul George to play 4!
    I honestly think they're basically tanking. I can't believe Bird would put this team together and expect them to compete. They have no starting caliber bigs, and Stuckey is basically their only proven bench piece. Gonna be a long year for Paul George.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Toldya he'd be looking fit for game 1. He was just overpowering Mahinmi, rebounding like a boss. At this point I'd be surprised if Jonas/Biz wasn't one of the best Centre-rotations in the league.
    vs Mihimi and Hill. Indy is a very small sample size.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X