MLSE hired new CEO to replace Tim Leiweke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooch wrote: View Post
    I dont think anyone in the known universe thought that Curry was another Jose.

but a proper rebuild is a step or 2 back, and accumulation of assets, clearing of capspace, and moving on and up from there.
    I don't recall too many people on Raptor boards hoping that Steph Curry would "fall to us". Rap fans seemed pretty happy with grabbing Derozan, who has turned out to be a pretty good pick from a weak draft.

In hindsight, the bigger mistake was not drafting Drummond (over Ross), which would have enabled us to trade JV for Harden and still have an up and coming center. That's just how fragile franchise building is. And the Warriors NOT trading Klay & Lee for Love, which most people thought was an absolute no-brainer, gave Draymond the chance to start at PF which defines the identity of their championship team.

Butterfly effect is huge when it comes to franchise building or re-building, even if you've laid down a great foundation, so it always surprises me that otherwise uber-intelligent posters, bloggers and reporters would feel that there is some kind of "proper" and repeatable formula to building a championship calibre team.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

I'd say he's got more of a Mr. Rogers/Mr. Dress up feel to him. Lol
      Axel wrote: View Post
      For some reason, my mind immediately thought of:

I was thinking of Edward Norton's uncle. Too much of a stretch?

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Looks exactly like someone MLSE would hire. Then I read his credentials. Still looks exactly like someone MLSE would hire: a corporate puppet.

Comment

Between this guy and Alex Anthopolous, things aren't rosy for Toronto franchises
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

he's the only one who likes the winter here I guess
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              he's the only one who likes the winter here I guess
              This guy is a compromise candidate who got hired cause no one else wanted the job. Period. You don't hire a guy to run a multi-billion dollar company who has zero experience in your core areas unless you have no other options. What a joke.

Comment

When you articles like this, you can't help but make you worry about MLSE ownership...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ng-arthur.html

When Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment made its first list of candidates for its president’s job, it included all kinds of businessmen, sports executives and notably, former Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo. At one point of the very long, veering process, it sounded like Colangelo’s candidacy was more than a name on a page.

Comment

Just from reading articles and my own opinion, I think the biggest issue with MLSE is Larry T.

I thought I read somewhere that he was the one most offended by TL's assessment of the franchise and vision for it moving forward.

Apparently when there was apprehension with his moves, TL didn't hold back.

Again, this is all conjecture from numerous articles over the last year.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Just from reading articles and my own opinion, I think the biggest issue with MLSE is Larry T.

I thought I read somewhere that he was the one most offended by TL's assessment of the franchise and vision for it moving forward.

Apparently when there was apprehension with his moves, TL didn't hold back.

Again, this is all conjecture from numerous articles over the last year.
                    Oh ya Larry is the big idiot in the room. I think he is just the most vocal which is why people follow him because his track record of decisions and media outlook is horrible

Comment

fucking toronto sports. dysfunction all around.

Comment

Working...
                      X