Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD
    replied
    fucking toronto sports. dysfunction all around.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Just from reading articles and my own opinion, I think the biggest issue with MLSE is Larry T.

I thought I read somewhere that he was the one most offended by TL's assessment of the franchise and vision for it moving forward.

Apparently when there was apprehension with his moves, TL didn't hold back.

Again, this is all conjecture from numerous articles over the last year.
    Oh ya Larry is the big idiot in the room. I think he is just the most vocal which is why people follow him because his track record of decisions and media outlook is horrible

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Just from reading articles and my own opinion, I think the biggest issue with MLSE is Larry T.

I thought I read somewhere that he was the one most offended by TL's assessment of the franchise and vision for it moving forward.

Apparently when there was apprehension with his moves, TL didn't hold back.

Again, this is all conjecture from numerous articles over the last year.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    When you articles like this, you can't help but make you worry about MLSE ownership...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/blueja...ng-arthur.html

When Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment made its first list of candidates for its president’s job, it included all kinds of businessmen, sports executives and notably, former Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo. At one point of the very long, veering process, it sounded like Colangelo’s candidacy was more than a name on a page.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    he's the only one who likes the winter here I guess
    This guy is a compromise candidate who got hired cause no one else wanted the job. Period. You don't hire a guy to run a multi-billion dollar company who has zero experience in your core areas unless you have no other options. What a joke.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    he's the only one who likes the winter here I guess

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Between this guy and Alex Anthopolous, things aren't rosy for Toronto franchises

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    Looks exactly like someone MLSE would hire. Then I read his credentials. Still looks exactly like someone MLSE would hire: a corporate puppet.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

I'd say he's got more of a Mr. Rogers/Mr. Dress up feel to him. Lol
    Axel wrote: View Post
    For some reason, my mind immediately thought of:

I was thinking of Edward Norton's uncle. Too much of a stretch?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    I dont think anyone in the known universe thought that Curry was another Jose.

but a proper rebuild is a step or 2 back, and accumulation of assets, clearing of capspace, and moving on and up from there.
    I don't recall too many people on Raptor boards hoping that Steph Curry would "fall to us". Rap fans seemed pretty happy with grabbing Derozan, who has turned out to be a pretty good pick from a weak draft.

In hindsight, the bigger mistake was not drafting Drummond (over Ross), which would have enabled us to trade JV for Harden and still have an up and coming center. That's just how fragile franchise building is. And the Warriors NOT trading Klay & Lee for Love, which most people thought was an absolute no-brainer, gave Draymond the chance to start at PF which defines the identity of their championship team.

Butterfly effect is huge when it comes to franchise building or re-building, even if you've laid down a great foundation, so it always surprises me that otherwise uber-intelligent posters, bloggers and reporters would feel that there is some kind of "proper" and repeatable formula to building a championship calibre team.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Hope I am wrong but this guy smells like a Peddie to me. He is neither a sports nor entertainment guy. Peddie sold Huggies and toilet paper before he joined mlse....this guy sold vacation packages. It just seems that no one of real talent or consequence wanted the job after TL....strange.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post

I'd say he's got more of a Mr. Rogers/Mr. Dress up feel to him. Lol
    For some reason, my mind immediately thought of:

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    And what exactly is a "proper rebuild" anyway? Like Philly? Or like the Warriors, in hindsight? Imagine the criticism Colangelo would have received if he drafted Steph Curry? Why get another un-athletic point-guard (who is still learning the position) and who can't defend his position, when we already have that in Jose?

I dont think anyone in the known universe thought that Curry was another Jose.

but a proper rebuild is a step or 2 back, and accumulation of assets, clearing of capspace, and moving on and up from there.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    the last part isnt true.

a true numbers guy will see the value of a proper rebuild.
    And what exactly is a "proper rebuild" anyway? Like Philly? Or like the Warriors, in hindsight? Imagine the criticism Colangelo would have received if he drafted Steph Curry? Why get another un-athletic point-guard (who is still learning the position) and who can't defend his position, when we already have that in Jose?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The Leafs are going through a rebuild now.. if that ends up being successful (and we won't know for another 2-3 years), then it'll be easier to convince the board that its a smart play for the Raptors if they ever have to go through it themselves.

If the Leafs rebuild is accelerated or ends up like Philly in the NBA then all bets are off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X