MLSE hired new CEO to replace Tim Leiweke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLSE hired new CEO to replace Tim Leiweke

Weird. I don't know how I feel about this. You always kind of hope they'll hire a sports guy. This guy is not a sports guy.

Comment

They went with the anti-Leiweke...... great

Comment

This is completely weird. I don't like it. I want TL back.

Comment

he seems like a numbers guy though, thats a good thing no matter the industry.

bet he will make decisions based on analytics and advanced statistics

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
            he seems like a numbers guy though, thats a good thing no matter the industry.

bet he will make decisions based on analytics and advanced statistics
            But he's not in charge of Player Personnel. That's still Masai.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              But he's not in charge of Player Personnel. That's still Masai.
              but he signs the checks/contracts.

Massai will bring things for approval still, so then is when I hope that another mind can look over decisions.

Pretty confident that MAssi is a big numbers guy himself, so adding more to the scale cant hurt right?

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                but he signs the checks/contracts.

Massai will bring things for approval still, so then is when I hope that another mind can look over decisions.
                You would trust some guys opinion that's coming from Thomas Cook Airlines, over Masai Ujiri?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  You would trust some guys opinion that's coming from Thomas Cook Airlines, over Masai Ujiri?
                  Not what I said.

I would not want MF just immediately signing off on everything that comes accross his desk from Massi.

I would hope, based on his history, that he is a guy who will want support for the matters that come accross his desk.

Why should we sign this guy? oh, he produces "X" wins and shoots "X"% etc.

Not just, "oh yeah, I heard that name on ESPN once...cool"

Comment

Who the fawk is this asshat?

Comment

I'd rather they NOT hire a sports guy, who would be more likely to meddle with what Masai is doing. So I'm fine with this.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        I'd rather they NOT hire a sports guy, who would be more likely to meddle with what Masai is doing. So I'm fine with this.
                        Finance guys always meddle - and usually in a bad way. Fortunately, Masai seems to be a value conscious type of guy, who should get along just fine with bean-counters. But you never know.

TL was a sports guy who did "meddle", but in good way that helped Masai tremendously, e.g., getting budget (practice court, D-League team,...) , talking to Lowry, etc...

Comment

Why does he look like Rob Babcock?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                            Finance guys always meddle - and usually in a bad way. Fortunately, Masai seems to be a value conscious type of guy, who should get along just fine with bean-counters. But you never know.

TL was a sports guy who did "meddle", but in good way that helped Masai tremendously, e.g., getting budget (practice court, D-League team,...) , talking to Lowry, etc...
                            And Leiweke is the exception to the rule.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Great. We hired someone from the Air Canada bargain bin.

This is like going from champagne bottles to a box of apple juice.

Comment

Working...
                              X