X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Playing a very good defender (CJ) would have a great impact to all linemates net ratings/defence more than a weak defender like Scola.

Wouldn't read too much into yet. CJ's impact has been great though and finding him more opportunities could be a key to success down the road.
    When we signed him I thought he'd be a long shot at becoming a starter, if at all. I think I'm wrong, he's really damn good and I can see him replacing Lowry for us.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Simplicity wrote: View Post
    Has anyone watched bballbreakdowns latest video on the raptors? It's mainly about our line ups and how it looks concerning with so many negative net ratings.

The best line-up (at the time of the video, pre-Magic game) had a 63 net rating which had KL, CJ, DD, DC, JV together. JV is too slow a a center to protect the rim with Scola a CJ playing tight defense improves JVs defense a lot.
    Playing a very good defender (CJ) would have a great impact to all linemates net ratings/defence more than a weak defender like Scola.

Wouldn't read too much into yet. CJ's impact has been great though and finding him more opportunities could be a key to success down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Simplicity
    replied
    Has anyone watched bballbreakdowns latest video on the raptors? It's mainly about our line ups and how it looks concerning with so many negative net ratings.

The best line-up (at the time of the video, pre-Magic game) had a 63 net rating which had KL, CJ, DD, DC, JV together. JV is too slow a a center to protect the rim with Scola a CJ playing tight defense improves JVs defense a lot.

Leave a comment:

• cinqueda
    replied
    It's hard to say, so many of our players are inconsistent, DeRozan, Lowry, Ross, Carrol, Patterson you never know which version you'll get on the day, to a lesser extent Valanciunas and Biyombo too, But Lowry is our best player when he's on form. I feel like we need to work out who's on on the day, so start the best players of course,

KL
    DD
    DC
    Scola/PPat depending on who we're playing
    JV

second line

CoJo
    TRoss
    JJ
    PPat/Scola/Bennet
    Biz

with a real rotation, derozan and ross are not small forwards, hockey line ups don't work. I like CoJo on the floor because he's probably our best at playing to his strengths on a day, and our best decision maker, lowry derozan and JV are all pretty poor decision makers towards the end of the game, which is all summed up in the magic game we just saw, I think closing line up

KL
    CoJo
    DC
    PPat
    JV

setting up with CoJo as the ball handler lowry as the preferred option to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    JJ got some time at the 5 tonight! Never say never with Casey.
    Lol I noticed that. At least he got some minutes he played pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    I like them all but the small lineup. I don't really think we could put jj at the 5, probably better to take out Joseph, move everyone up and then have Bismack in there for rebounding, rim protection etc. while still being mobile.
    JJ got some time at the 5 tonight! Never say never with Casey.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    My choices (And I'm going unique here):

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Carroll
    Bennett
    Valanciunas

Bench:

Joseph
    Ross
    Johnson
    Patt/Scola
    Biyombo

Lineup I crave to see when we go small:

Lowry
    Joseph
    Ross
    Carroll
    Johnson
    I like them all but the small lineup. I don't really think we could put jj at the 5, probably better to take out Joseph, move everyone up and then have Bismack in there for rebounding, rim protection etc. while still being mobile.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    My choices (And I'm going unique here):

Lowry
    DeRozan
    Carroll
    Bennett
    Valanciunas

Bench:

Joseph
    Ross
    Johnson
    Patt/Scola
    Biyombo

Lineup I crave to see when we go small:

Lowry
    Joseph
    Ross
    Carroll
    Johnson

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Hard to really say which line up to use for certain situations without knowing the context (opponents, score, gameflow, etc).

So I'd break things down like this:
    Starters
    KL - DD- DC - PP - JV

First basic sub-group
    KL - TR - DC - LS - JV

Second basic sub-group
    CJ - DD - TR - LS - BB

Third basic sub-group
    CJ - DD - TR/DC - PP - BB

Small-Ball sub-group
    KL - CJ - DC - PP - JV

3 Point Sub-group
    KL - CJ - TR - DC - PP

Lockdown D sub-group
    CJ - TR - DC - JJ - BB

That is the basic 9 man rotation with JJ on the short leash.

Ideally, a well balanced line-up may look like
    KL - TR - DC - JJ - JV
    6th DD
    CJ
    PP
    TR
    LS (he's old)
    BB

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    KL
    DC
    DURANT
    Draft/AB
    JV

Primary Bench

Joseph
    Powell
    Ross
    Bruno
    Bebe

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    6'8, 212 lbs, so significantly less than 230-240.
    I dont think thats right cause that is about ross' size. Maybe its outdated?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Is not Carroll listed like 215
    6'8, 212 lbs, so significantly less than 230-240.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    i don't think he's referring to height. Lebron is 6'9 and like 260. Carrol is probably closer to 230-240
    Is not Carroll listed like 215

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    i don't think he's referring to height. Lebron is 6'9 and like 260. Carrol is probably closer to 230-240

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yes. Easily. Frankly he is small for a 3, and last year he guarded whoever the better wing was, even if that was the 2.
    6'8 is lebron sized... how is he a small 3.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X