Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    It's a random draw, not a coin flip. People use the term coin toss because it is usually two teams and they have a 50/50 shot of winning the draw, but even two team ties are not done with an actual coin.
    So basically they're picking names out of a hat, last one in the hat gets 10th pick, or vice versa. After getting screwed with the random draw in the Barnes-Ross draft, we are due to win the draw and get the 8th pick.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      So basically they're picking names out of a hat, last one in the hat gets 10th pick, or vice versa. After getting screwed with the random draw in the Barnes-Ross draft, we are due to win the draw and get the 8th pick.
      I'm absolutely confident we'll come out on top. Seriously, no pink font

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Coin toss is scheduled for next Tuesday ( APRIL 19th ) on ESPN
        Huh.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

...and the Raptors got swept by the Nuggets...

Comment

• Anyone have the lottery percentages/rules for the various lottery picks? Is everyone in the lottery accessible to the #1 or 2 ?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Anyone have the lottery percentages/rules for the various lottery picks? Is everyone in the lottery accessible to the #1 or 2 ?
              Is this what you're looking for?

From wikipedia:
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_dr...lottery_system

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Anyone have the lottery percentages/rules for the various lottery picks? Is everyone in the lottery accessible to the #1 or 2 ?
                All teams who don't make the playoffs are entered into the lottery, with a number of lotto balls (actually, number combinations, but for the sake of demonstration we'll go with ping pong balls) assigned based on how bad they were. Any team can win the lottery. They draw three teams to win the first three picks, then seed the rest in the remaining initial order.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Top 9 pick. Works for me.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Top 9 pick. Works for me.
                    So losing to the Nuggets (twice no less) only cost the Raptors 1 draft slot, pre-lottery.

Also, the Raptors get a #9 pick (could become #2, #3, #10, #11 or #12) for Bargnani.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 05:17 PM. Reason: Removed #1 as a possible outcome - thanks Jrice9

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      So losing to the Nuggets (twice no less) only cost the Raptors 1 draft slot, pre-lottery.

Also, the Raptors get a #9 pick (could become #1, #2, #3, #10, #11 or #12) for Bargnani.
                      It can't become #1 because the Nuggets swap rights are post lottery. We have a very low chance at getting #2 or #3 also (would require both the Knicks and the Nuggets pick to win the lottery), I think to get a top 3 pick, we are about 1/200 (if anyone wants to confirm the exact number, much appreciated).

Still can't complain about a very likely top 10 pick (highly unlikely to slip to #11 or #12)

Comment

• 106 pages, countless score checks and daily tankathon updates. It's been a great thread. So will this be the end of it as we all migrate to the draft thread? It was truly a unique fan experience. It's one that not many fans of franchises get to do and we might not get to do it for a while.....until we cheer against the Clippers next year.

Comment

• I think we have a 1% chance at a top 3 pick.
                          By my math, the 7 pick has a 15% chance and the average of the 8/9/10 picks has a 6.7% chance. Multiply the 2, since both have to hit.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            106 pages, countless score checks and daily tankathon updates. It's been a great thread. So will this be the end of it as we all migrate to the draft thread? It was truly a unique fan experience. It's one that not many fans of franchises get to do and we might not get to do it for a while.....until we cheer against the Clippers next year.
                            meh...not the same since the Clips pick is lottery protected, being able cheer as both a contender & tanknation at the same season has been a hell of ride...we got a top 10 lottery pick for a cancer that's gonna be playing in Europe next year #Hail the mesaih

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              meh...not the same since the Clips pick is lottery protected, being able cheer as both a contender & tanknation at the same season has been a hell of ride...we got a top 10 lottery pick for a cancer that's gonna be playing in Europe next year #Hail the mesaih
                              It will definitely not be the same but getting a mid tier pick for Vasquez is still pretty good. It's like a mini-me version of "lottery for Bargs"......and we got Norman!!!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                It will definitely not be the same but getting a mid tier pick for Vasquez is still pretty good. It's like a mini-me version of "lottery for Bargs"......and we got Norman!!!
                                ha..so true...Powell for Vasquez is already turned out to be a win...if Masai works his magic with a good mid-pick...its another Masai heist..although my guess is that LAC pick is more than likely gonna be trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X