Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    So losing to the Nuggets (twice no less) only cost the Raptors 1 draft slot, pre-lottery.

Also, the Raptors get a #9 pick (could become #1, #2, #3, #10, #11 or #12) for Bargnani.
    Raps could get the #8 pick too. If Denver moves into top 3, then NY will slip down to #8 from #7.

Comment

• I am going to cook me some Primo pasta for dinner tonight...sans their crap soss of course and toast Bargnani with some Chianti.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
        It can't become #1 because the Nuggets swap rights are post lottery. We have a very low chance at getting #2 or #3 also (would require both the Knicks and the Nuggets pick to win the lottery), I think to get a top 3 pick, we are about 1/200 (if anyone wants to confirm the exact number, much appreciated).

Still can't complain about a very likely top 10 pick (highly unlikely to slip to #11 or #12)
        Oops, of course that's right. I was looking at the % chart above and was just thinking about the #9 pick in general. Thanks for pointing that out... Friday afternoon brain!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          It will definitely not be the same but getting a mid tier pick for Vasquez is still pretty good. It's like a mini-me version of "lottery for Bargs"......and we got Norman!!!
          And Joseph, given the cap space that trade opened up.

OUT - Vasquez

IN - Powell (#46 pick), Joseph (Vasquez' cap space), Clippers 2017 1st round pick (#15-#30)
          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Raps could get the #8 pick too. If Denver moves into top 3, then NY will slip down to #8 from #7.
            Wouldn't that just bump the #1 through #6 teams back 1 spot each, with Toronto still being #8?

Comment

• Still can't believe Boston getting Brooklyns picks for forever .. They got a Top 3 this year, while being Top 5 in the East .. that musta been fun to watch.

But ya, us getting the 9ish pick for Bargs is insane .. when we made the trade, 2016 seemed like soooo far away .. and its finally coming true.

Long Shall He Reign. In Masai We Trust.
              Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Still can't believe Boston getting Brooklyns picks for forever .. They got a Top 3 this year, while being Top 5 in the East .. that musta been fun to watch.

But ya, us getting the 9ish pick for Bargs is insane .. when we made the trade, 2016 seemed like soooo far away .. and its finally coming true.

Long Shall He Reign. In Masai We Trust.
                i believe and i love it

i get a lot of schadenfreude when i read about the nets

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                  i believe and i love it

i get a lot of schadenfreude when i read about the nets
                  Unfortunately there's also the potential of Boston very quickly becoming a contender if they get to add three top 5 (shit, it could be three straight #1 picks...) to a young playoff team.

Really can't believe BKL did this, mostly just with a team in their own division.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Unfortunately there's also the potential of Boston very quickly becoming a contender if they get to add three top 5 (shit, it could be three straight #1 picks...) to a young playoff team.

Really can't believe BKL did this, mostly just with a team in their own division.

I have a similar fear about Philly, who could potentially add two top-4 picks from this draft, along with the #21 and #26 picks! Plus they have Saric coming over from Europe and Embiid coming back from injury.

Comment

That was a classic buy low and sell high by Ainge on Kevin Garnett at least. They won a title with Garnett and may win another with the revamp. Damn... I hate that team.

Comment

Wouldn't that just bump the #1 through #6 teams back 1 spot each, with Toronto still being #8?
                        Yes everyone gets bumped.. but Toronto 'still being 8th' wouldn't be accurate since NY is currently in 7th.

Comment

I have a similar fear about Philly, who could potentially add two top-4 picks from this draft, along with the #21 and #26 picks! Plus they have Saric coming over from Europe and Embiid coming back from injury.
                          But Philly has no foundation in pretty much every sense.

Boston is already good. Good culture from the top down. They lack a star but have tons of good pieces. And they could add three pieces (not counting all the other picks they have) that are more talented than any guy they have right now.

I mean the right pick can turn the fortunes of any franchise around, but even getting LeBron didn't mean getting that good for Cleveland right away. And they're chronically giving him flawed teams. Firing Hinkie may mean Philly will try to get out of the gutter faster, but they have a long way to go. They were basically considered a D-league team this year...and honestly I think the atmosphere around a D-league team was probably better than what they had.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 05:54 PM.

Comment

But Philly has no foundation in pretty much every sense.

Boston is already good. Good culture from the top down. They lack a star but have tons of good pieces. And they could add three pieces (not counting all the other picks they have) that are more talented than any guy they have right now.

I mean the right pick can turn the fortunes of any franchise around, but even getting LeBron didn't mean getting that good for Cleveland right away. And they're chronically giving him flawed teams. Firing Junkie may mean Philly will try to get out of the gutter faster, but they have a long way to go. They were basically considered a D-league team this year...and honestly I think the atmosphere around a D-league team was probably better than what they had.

I just think the Colangelos will bring a significant positive change to that franchise, in a good sports market, with an abundance of assets and cap space.

I was just thinking that they're yet another team that could make out like bandits in this draft, partly as a result of past deals. Of course they're not doing so while their fans enjoy success this season, like they are in Toronto and Boston.

I wonder what the best double-outcome has been in NBA history. Toronto finished 4th best in the NBA, yet will apparently pick in the #9 slot (pre-lottery). 4 + 9 = 13. Has any team had a 2-part finish that netted out better (<13) than the Raptors this season?

Comment

• This is what I think we will do with the 9th pick, we either

1) Trade 9th pick + Player or 27 or 28th pick to move up to the 6th or 7th spot to grab one of Jamal Murry or Buddy Hield, both are players to ensure we won't regret if we don't sign DeRozan. With this move, we could resign Bismack Biyombo and Jason Thompson.

2) Keep our 9th pick and grab one of Rabb, Chriss, or Deyonta Davis, personally I like the latter with more upsides and hey, we got another Davis who's a PF. With the 27th or 28th pick, we grab a center, Thon Maker, Brice Johnson or Zhou Qi. Maker would look good on paper but he needs a few years in development but have tremendous upsides. Brice Johnson could be our backup C if Biyombo is gone and Zhou Qi, a nice prospect who's the second coming of Yao. We resign DeRozan but sadly to see Biyombo gone.

So the logic conclusion is we have to do whatever we can to secure DeMar.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                                This is what I think we will do with the 9th pick, we either

1) Trade 9th pick + Player or 27 or 28th pick to move up to the 6th or 7th spot to grab one of Jamal Murry or Buddy Hield, both are players to ensure we won't regret if we don't sign DeRozan. With this move, we could resign Bismack Biyombo and Jason Thompson.

2) Keep our 9th pick and grab one of Rabb, Chriss, or Deyonta Davis, personally I like the latter with more upsides and hey, we got another Davis who's a PF. With the 27th or 28th pick, we grab a center, Thon Maker, Brice Johnson or Zhou Qi. Maker would look good on paper but he needs a few years in development but have tremendous upsides. Brice Johnson could be our backup C if Biyombo is gone and Zhou Qi, a nice prospect who's the second coming of Yao. We resign DeRozan but sadly to see Biyombo gone.

So the logic conclusion is we have to do whatever we can to secure DeMar.
                                I lean towards option 1. Any of 4, 5, 6 (Phoenix, Minny, NO) maybe amenable to doing a deal I think unless they are locked in to a particular player. They all it seems to me are young teams who need proven/exp. players while already having young players already. We are in a good position to give up an older player to climb in the draft if Masai actually likes someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X