Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks and Denver loss tracker for 2016 Lottery Pick surprise (thanks, Masai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    I lean towards option 1. Any of 4, 5, 6 (Phoenix, Minny, NO) maybe amenable to doing a deal I think unless they are locked in to a particular player. They all it seems to me are young teams who need proven/exp. players while already having young players already. We are in a good position to give up an older player to climb in the draft if Masai actually likes someone.
    I think the is no way N.O passes on adding Murray beside Davis with Gordon leaving, but Minny & Phx who are already loaded with young backcourt talent could very much be open to the idea

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      This is what I think we will do with the 9th pick, we either

1) Trade 9th pick + Player or 27 or 28th pick to move up to the 6th or 7th spot to grab one of Jamal Murry or Buddy Hield, both are players to ensure we won't regret if we don't sign DeRozan. With this move, we could resign Bismack Biyombo and Jason Thompson.

2) Keep our 9th pick and grab one of Rabb, Chriss, or Deyonta Davis, personally I like the latter with more upsides and hey, we got another Davis who's a PF. With the 27th or 28th pick, we grab a center, Thon Maker, Brice Johnson or Zhou Qi. Maker would look good on paper but he needs a few years in development but have tremendous upsides. Brice Johnson could be our backup C if Biyombo is gone and Zhou Qi, a nice prospect who's the second coming of Yao. We resign DeRozan but sadly to see Biyombo gone.

So the logic conclusion is we have to do whatever we can to secure DeMar.
      I have virtually no concern around DeRozan, save for finding someone that fits with him and the rest of the team in the long-term.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I just think the Colangelos will bring a significant positive change to that franchise, in a good sports market, with an abundance of assets and cap space.

I was just thinking that they're yet another team that could make out like bandits in this draft, partly as a result of past deals. Of course they're not doing so while their fans enjoy success this season, like they are in Toronto and Boston.

I wonder what the best double-outcome has been in NBA history. Toronto finished 4th best in the NBA, yet will apparently pick in the #9 slot (pre-lottery). 4 + 9 = 13. Has any team had a 2-part finish that netted out better (<13) than the Raptors this season?
        The 2002-2003 Pistons had the 5th best overall record (tied with Lakers/Blazers), and selected 2nd in the '03 draft. Of course they ended up drafting Darko instead of Melo, Wade or Bosh.

Comment

• The 1985-86 Celtics had the best record in the NBA and the number two pick overall (Len Bias).

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

But ya, us getting the 9ish pick for Bargs is insane .. when we made the trade, 2016 seemed like soooo far away .. and its finally coming true.

Long Shall He Reign. In Masai We Trust.
            I remember I had to do a double take when I read that Bargnani been traded and WE are getting a 1st. Usually under Colangelo he was giving away those 1st round picks like its nobody's business which didn't really make the Raptors any better in the short and long terms (other then the Lowry deal).

Edit: But to be fair he was swinging for the Steve Nash deal at first so we were saved by sheer luck.
            Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Apr 15, 2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I remember I had to do a double take when I read that Bargnani been traded and WE are getting a 1st. Usually under Colangelo he was giving away those 1st round picks like its nobody's business which didn't really make the Raptors any better in the short and long terms (other then the Lowry deal).
              Yep...I definitely thought the reporter had it wrong (I was thinking maybe we gave up the 1st)....frantically went about getting confirmation...then screamed ...and frightened the dog and family. Was too used to BC deals at the time I suppose.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Still can't believe Boston getting Brooklyns picks for forever .. They got a Top 3 this year, while being Top 5 in the East .. that musta been fun to watch.

But ya, us getting the 9ish pick for Bargs is insane .. when we made the trade, 2016 seemed like soooo far away .. and its finally coming true.

Long Shall He Reign. In Masai We Trust.
                I am enjoying seeing the Nets wallow in the crap but I just wish it wasn't making the Celtics better.

9th overall is a huge score for the Raptors. Wow!

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Yep...I definitely thought the reporter had it wrong (I was thinking maybe we gave up the 1st)....frantically went about getting confirmation...then screamed ...and frightened the dog and family. Was too used to BC deals at the time I suppose.
                  That's what happens when you are desperate to improve and swing for the fences each time, teams know this and hold every leverage in talks. Its nice to be on the other side for a change.

For the 76'ers sake, they hope that Colangelo has learned his lesson.

Comment

• Two questions . Has the coin occurred and is it official Raps in the 9th spot .. Will they lose it if the lottery balls fall and the 9th pick becomes the 3rd pick

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                      Two questions . Has the coin occurred and is it official Raps in the 9th spot .. Will they lose it if the lottery balls fall and the 9th pick becomes the 3rd pick
                      Yes, the coin flip happened. If the pick wins in the lottery, Denver will take the pick and Raptors will get the Knicks pick instead (unless the Knick pick goes even higher in the lottery).

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Two questions . Has the coin occurred and is it official Raps in the 9th spot .. Will they lose it if the lottery balls fall and the 9th pick becomes the 3rd pick
                        Coin flip occurred already and we have the 9th slot pre-lotto. But DEN still has the right to swap picks. So if the 9th pick (DEN) wins the lotto and moves up, then the 7th pick (NYK) will drop back to 8th, in which case DEN will choose to keep their pick and we end up with the 8th pick.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My crappy math skills earlier came up with a 1% chance at both Denver and NY picks hitting the top 3 Anyone have the actual odds?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            My crappy math skills earlier came up with a 1% chance at both Denver and NY picks hitting the top 3 Anyone have the actual odds?
                            You nailed it. About 1%. Actually just under as one team taking a spot reduces the other team's number of open spots. About 0.7% by my rough math.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Coin flip occurred already and we have the 9th slot pre-lotto. But DEN still has the right to swap picks. So if the 9th pick (DEN) wins the lotto and moves up, then the 7th pick (NYK) will drop back to 8th, in which case DEN will choose to keep their pick and we end up with the 8th pick.
                              This is moot of course....but somehow this feels a bit unfair...finalizing the actual pick position post lotto....it's like double jeopardy!...Denver can claim the better pick now...and if the 9th wins the jackpot they get a do-over.

Comment

• The final odds can be found here:
                                http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...early-in-place

NY has a 15% chance to get into top 3. Denver has a 6.8% chance to get into top3.

Comment

Working...
                                X