I love you, DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    I am fairly certain that any decision on Carroll won't be made by Casey but will be made by the front office at the recommendation of the medical staff in consultation with Carroll and his agent. I don't know about the Raps but I am familiar with how one NHL team operates and the coaches there have zero input on whether a player plays or not due to an injury.
    So, Casey is now Thibs running guys into the ground. DC playing heavy minutes was really noticeable the first month with no backup 3

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      So, Casey is now Thibs running guys into the ground. DC playing heavy minutes was really noticeable the first month with no backup 3
      Oh, I agree. Derozan is also playing way too much. Allocation of minutes is a huge problem under Casey and has been since he got here. That and his bizarre substitution patterns are the biggest issue I have with him as a coach. I know people complain about JV's minutes but I actually think he's the one player who gets an appropriate amount of minutes over the course of the season.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        Oh, I agree. Derozan is also playing way too much. Allocation of minutes is a huge problem under Casey and has been since he got here. That and his bizarre substitution patterns are the biggest issue I have with him as a coach. I know people complain about JV's minutes but I actually think he's the one player who gets an appropriate amount of minutes over the course of the season.
        CoJo isn't logging heavy minutes but he's forcing his offense like KL late last season.

Comment

CoJo isn't logging heavy minutes but he's forcing his offense like KL late last season.
          Not too worried about CoJo. He is patient and doesn't force shots unless he has too. He is shooting 56% so far in the season.

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, I'd assume James Johnson is being carefully groomed to be more reliable/conscientious. I think those that feel it makes no sense to bring him back and not play him are correct.

But I'll bet they've got him watching Demarre very closely (while whispering constantly and reassuringly in his ear). Might pay off ...

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              As I've said elsewhere, I'd assume James Johnson is being carefully groomed to be more reliable/conscientious. I think those that feel it makes no sense to bring him back and not play him are correct.

But I'll bet they've got him watching Demarre very closely (while whispering constantly and reassuringly in his ear). Might pay off ...
              What's with the double standards? Johnson is a difference make. An all around intelligent player. He was benched last year and his coach said it was because he over helped on D. All this while terrible defenders played 25-40 mpg. Don't give us any 'being groomed to be more reliable' crap. Johnson is just not one of Caseys boys and he will only be used when absolutely necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X