X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, I'd assume James Johnson is being carefully groomed to be more reliable/conscientious. I think those that feel it makes no sense to bring him back and not play him are correct.

But I'll bet they've got him watching Demarre very closely (while whispering constantly and reassuringly in his ear). Might pay off ...
    What's with the double standards? Johnson is a difference make. An all around intelligent player. He was benched last year and his coach said it was because he over helped on D. All this while terrible defenders played 25-40 mpg. Don't give us any 'being groomed to be more reliable' crap. Johnson is just not one of Caseys boys and he will only be used when absolutely necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    So, Casey is now Thibs running guys into the ground. DC playing heavy minutes was really noticeable the first month with no backup 3
    As I've said elsewhere, I'd assume James Johnson is being carefully groomed to be more reliable/conscientious. I think those that feel it makes no sense to bring him back and not play him are correct.

But I'll bet they've got him watching Demarre very closely (while whispering constantly and reassuringly in his ear). Might pay off ...

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    CoJo isn't logging heavy minutes but he's forcing his offense like KL late last season.
    Not too worried about CoJo. He is patient and doesn't force shots unless he has too. He is shooting 56% so far in the season.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Oh, I agree. Derozan is also playing way too much. Allocation of minutes is a huge problem under Casey and has been since he got here. That and his bizarre substitution patterns are the biggest issue I have with him as a coach. I know people complain about JV's minutes but I actually think he's the one player who gets an appropriate amount of minutes over the course of the season.
    CoJo isn't logging heavy minutes but he's forcing his offense like KL late last season.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    So, Casey is now Thibs running guys into the ground. DC playing heavy minutes was really noticeable the first month with no backup 3
    Oh, I agree. Derozan is also playing way too much. Allocation of minutes is a huge problem under Casey and has been since he got here. That and his bizarre substitution patterns are the biggest issue I have with him as a coach. I know people complain about JV's minutes but I actually think he's the one player who gets an appropriate amount of minutes over the course of the season.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    I am fairly certain that any decision on Carroll won't be made by Casey but will be made by the front office at the recommendation of the medical staff in consultation with Carroll and his agent. I don't know about the Raps but I am familiar with how one NHL team operates and the coaches there have zero input on whether a player plays or not due to an injury.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Does Casey have the authority to ignore the team's medical staff's recommendations? For insurance/liability purposes, I would guess no.
    I am fairly certain that any decision on Carroll won't be made by Casey but will be made by the front office at the recommendation of the medical staff in consultation with Carroll and his agent. I don't know about the Raps but I am familiar with how one NHL team operates and the coaches there have zero input on whether a player plays or not due to an injury.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    With Casey at the helm I'm concerned. Last year even with Amir's wonky ankles he ended up playing extensive minutes.
    Dont forget his handling of KL, DD and DC minutes. likely all three will play 82 games with out issues
    ceez wrote: View Post
    should shut him down for 2-3 weeks and let him properly heal. tread water in the meantime.

that said Casey won't and watch he'll be practically useless or on IR come playoff time.
    Does Casey have the authority to ignore the team's medical staff's recommendations? For insurance/liability purposes, I would guess no.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    should shut him down for 2-3 weeks and let him properly heal. tread water in the meantime.

that said Casey won't and watch he'll be practically useless or on IR come playoff time.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Dont forget his handling of KL, DD and DC minutes. likely all three will play 82 games with out issues

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    We are going to have to have a #minuteswatch with this guy...I knew it.
    With Casey at the helm I'm concerned. Last year even with Amir's wonky ankles he ended up playing extensive minutes.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    We are going to have to have a #minuteswatch with this guy...I knew it.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Hopefully the feet are fine. The way he plays I'm afraid to say he strikes me as a bigger injury concern than Lowry, but this isn't even that type of injury.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Durant seemed really quiet. It was Westbrook doing everything then every 4 minutes or so Durant would just hit a jumpshot. Not very assertive at all.
    He was watching our team...seeing how much fun he would have on the court with dc as opposed to against him.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Durant seemed really quiet. It was Westbrook doing everything then every 4 minutes or so Durant would just hit a jumpshot. Not very assertive at all.
    In Zach Lowe's recent podcast with Howard Beck, they talked about the possibility that Durant may never fully regain his form after his injuries last year...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X