Game #3: Toronto Raptors 106 - Milwaukee Bucks 87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
    Tha Instigator can't be guarded!!! He is the Closest to Shaq that The You can Get for a Guy as Tall as him.

Listen Fam, Jonas Valanciunas aka tha Instigator, had the 2nd highest FG% of ALL NBA REPPERS(Not playhers) at 57% and was 7th at trueshooting Percent Last Season. ....

Demar "tha example" derozen
    kyle "mr. Clutch" lowry
    jonas "tha instigator" valanciunas
    terrence "silk road" ross ....

NINJAS DON'T PLAY!!!
    I don't quite agree with everything here ... but love the nicknames and your passion for the team and self-expression. (And Jonas, of course )

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      If he was so well-respected around the league, perhaps his name would have come up at least once in the annual GM surveys over the past 3 years. All the GMs are asked five questions:
      1. Who's the best overall coach?
      2. Who's the best motivator?
      3. Who makes the best adjustments?
      4. Who runs the best offense?
      5. Who runs the best defense?

In 2013-14, 12 different coaches received votes. Pop, Rivers, Spo, Thibs, Brooks, Jackson, Vogel, Adelman, Carlisle, Mchale, Karl, D'Antoni.
      In 2014-15, 9 different coaches received votes. Pop, Hollins, Thibodeau, Rivers, Clifford, Carlisle, Bud, Spo and Flip.
      In 2015-16, 13 different coaches received votes. Pop, Bud, Kerr, Rivers, Brown, Spo, Carlisle, Kidd, Clifford, Stevens, SVG, Joerger, and Vogel.

But despite all our team success that everyone points to, not one GM has mentioned Casey as a top coach in any of the five categories.

Perhaps they see what you refuse to: regular season wins don't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.
      I'd hardly say that's indicative of what GMs think of him. Firstly, it's well known most GMs don't even care about this or fill it out themselves. Also The vast majority of votes go to the very top guys like Pop and Spo, with people like Vogel or Brown probably getting one vote. And what if every single GM thought Casey was the 5th best in those categories? That wouldn't show up. You ask everyone who the best player in the NBA is and you might get no one saying Chris Paul but that doesn't mean he isn't a great player.

Theres' plenty of reasons to criticise Casey but don't try and use an informal GM survey. At the end of the day the only GM's opinion towards Casey that matters is Ujiri anyway.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
        I'd hardly say that's indicative of what GMs think of him. Firstly, it's well known most GMs don't even care about this or fill it out themselves. Also The vast majority of votes go to the very top guys like Pop and Spo, with people like Vogel or Brown probably getting one vote. And what if every single GM thought Casey was the 5th best in those categories? That wouldn't show up. You ask everyone who the best player in the NBA is and you might get no one saying Chris Paul but that doesn't mean he isn't a great player.

Theres' plenty of reasons to criticise Casey but don't try and use an informal GM survey. At the end of the day the only GM's opinion towards Casey that matters is Ujiri anyway.
        This.

And especially today, right? (smh ... ) Well said (and reasoned!), Raptorsnz.

Comment

• We may never lose again!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            We may never lose again!
            82-0 baby!

In reality, our first loss will most likely come against OKC on Wednesday on a second night of a back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• That was a very nice game. Demarre is helping so much, 2 out of 3 very good games for Jonas, and that was one of the best DeMar games, period. I'd love to see him play like that all the time.

Scola still looks out of sync with the starters though, and bench scoring is a concern any time Ross is not going off. Bench kept letting the Bucks close the gap.

Also, the opposition hasn't been very good. I'm really looking forward to the next 20 games.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                That was a very nice game. Demarre is helping so much, 2 out of 3 very good games for Jonas, and that was one of the best DeMar games, period. I'd love to see him play like that all the time.

Scola still looks out of sync with the starters though, and bench scoring is a concern any time Ross is not going off. Bench kept letting the Bucks close the gap.

Also, the opposition hasn't been very good. I'm really looking forward to the next 20 games.
                That we took care of three opponents who were projected as playoff teams is pretty important though. If we can consistently beat non-playoff teams, AND teams ranked 5-8, we'll be in very good shape.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  That we took care of three opponents who were projected as playoff teams is pretty important though. If we can consistently beat non-playoff teams, AND teams ranked 5-8, we'll be in very good shape.
                  Indy is fighting just to be on the playoff bubble, and Milwaukee was missing 3 key rotation players (Parker, Mayo and Henson). As much as I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Raptors to start the season, I don't think they've really faced much of a test yet. The road trip will certainly be telling.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Indy is fighting just to be on the playoff bubble, and Milwaukee was missing 3 key rotation players (Parker, Mayo and Henson). As much as I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Raptors to start the season, I don't think they've really faced much of a test yet. The road trip will certainly be telling.
                    Yeah, I actually think the Pacers will end up one of the worst teams in the east.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I actually think the Pacers will end up one of the worst teams in the east.
                      Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Toronto, Miami and Atlanta all seem like locks.

Milwaukee (when healthy), Detroit and Boston seem to be on the next tier, fighting for just 2 spots.

I think Indy is in the bottom group along with Brooklyn, NY, Philly, Charlotte and Orlando.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Toronto go toe-to-toe with some of the better teams, especially some of the western powers.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Toronto, Miami and Atlanta all seem like locks.

Milwaukee (when healthy), Detroit and Boston seem to be on the next tier, fighting for just 2 spots.

I think Indy is in the bottom group along with Brooklyn, NY, Philly, Charlotte and Orlando.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Toronto go toe-to-toe with some of the better teams, especially some of the western powers.
                        Tuesday vs. Mavs and Wednesday vs. OKC. Those 2 games will be our first real challenge. The first 3 teams were subpar teams.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Tuesday vs. Mavs and Wednesday vs. OKC. Those 2 games will be our first real challenge. The first 3 teams were subpar teams.
                          Mavs aren't that good but, it is a road game.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                          X