Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Raptor's version of Joey Bats moment in their history for you ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the Raptor's version of Joey Bats moment in their history for you ....

    Weird for me ... It might not be from a game .. My moment is Vince Carter's slam dunk contest ... " It's over " is our flip of the bat moment ..

  • #2
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Weird for me ... It might not be from a game .. My moment is Vince Carter's slam dunk contest ... " It's over " is our flip of the bat moment ..
    Very memorable moment is Raps history, but didn't have the magnitude of a series clinching playoff game.

    I guess the closest thing that aligns in context would be Alvin Williams' 20 footer at MSG that sealed the deal for our 1st and only playoff series win.

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        was that you Doc?

        Comment


        • #5
          Beating the 72 win bulls.

          Comment


          • #6
            Snooch wrote: View Post
            Beating the 72 win bulls.
            Oh yea ... Great one

            Comment


            • #7
              I am still waiting.

              As far as choosing a Jays moment of greatness I go a bit further back to that most memorable home run (for me at least) hit by Alomar in Oakland off that very "hated" peacock (and terrific) of a reliever Eckersley. One of the rare FU moments of pure amazement and joy. And it was a bolt.

              That hr was a game/series saver and of course the rest is history. I dont think Eckersley was ever the same again.

              Comment


              • #8
                Could have been Kyle.. if only that floater / runner got over Paul.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I am still waiting.

                  As far as choosing a Jays moment of greatness I go a bit further back to that most memorable home run (for me at least) hit by Alomar in Oakland off that very "hated" peacock (and terrific) of a reliever Eckersley. One of the rare FU moments of pure amazement and joy. And it was a bolt.

                  That hr was a game/series saver and of course the rest is history. I dont think Eckersley was ever the same again.
                  The greatest jays moment ever was the homer by joe carter.

                  Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Honestly not sure what the Joey Bats bat flip is even supposed to mean, let alone transfer it to the Raps.

                    Batista is still below Joe Carter's blast in 1993 in both epic timing and etched in memory.

                    Raps haven't had much success to go off, so perhaps a comedy of errors is more suiting for our history. The Mo Pete tech for his 'slap' on VC stands out as a perfect example of dubious distinction.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The VC dunk off and win against Jordan's Bulls stick out in my mind as well. To a lesser extent I recall Donyell Marshall's 3 point barage against I think it was the Bulls again as a great moment, DeMar's game winner in Orlando, Chris Bosh crossing over and scoring on KG all as great individual moments in the history of the Rap's, for me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Snooch wrote: View Post
                        The greatest jays moment ever was the homer by joe carter.

                        Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
                        Not for me I am afraid. Carter's was of course big but it came in the 6th game and the Jays had already won a Series the previous year. Alomar's came top of the 9th to tie the game against an untouchable reliever of the league. That year was uncharted territory in Toronto sports history upto that point...not counting the CFL of course

                        oops...Iforgot about the NHL of course but that was before my time!
                        Last edited by Bendit; Wed Nov 4th, 2015, 12:00 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It hasn't happened yet. Need a series winning shot with some major attitude/cockiness/stinkface. Maybe this playoffs but I don't think anything has happened in Raps history thats comparable. Maybe the Williams shot that Nilanka mentioned, but Alvin didn't have the stinkface.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            It hasn't happened yet. Need a series winning shot with some major attitude/cockiness/stinkface. Maybe this playoffs but I don't think anything has happened in Raps history thats comparable. Maybe the Williams shot that Nilanka mentioned, but Alvin didn't have the stinkface.
                            Don't understand the appeal to that. Give me the MJ fist pump any day over the "I cut one" look.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                            If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That bat flip as the culmination of that 1 hour 7th inning, with everything that went on during that inning, was pretty unique and awesome. Not nearly as consequential as Carter's walk-off homer (not even comparable), but as the climax of one hour of crazy sports emotional roller coastering? Couldn't have scripted it better.

                              The Raps have never had a moment/game like that. Some writers post-game were asking if baseball has ever had an inning like that. Baseball has had a lot of innings.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X