Game #6 - Toronto Raptors 87 - Orlando Magic 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
    Seems Cory Joseph aka Motion, was making moves during the Orlando Game. Good For Him,

Example I heard dropped 20 on em during the 2nd half, Example went to work.

Why Did Valy only get 6 shots? He had 14 rebounds!!! Was this an coaching issue, or the guys took the team lightly that is also partly a coaching problems..It's Up to the Coach to give his squad the Juice they need to take care of teams that the reppers feel are not as good as them.

The Team really only scored 15points inside the 1st??? That's Coaching, Casey I said early this game would show if you are a positive or not for the team, You seem to not know how to inspire your Team when they need you, hopefully that changes.
    So you didn't watch the game, but are blaming the coach for what (you think) went wrong? Really?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Agree. What is his fault is the ISO-focused 4th Q that he had. Plenty of blame to go around for the game. As you said, out offence was terrible. Difference is, some of the others took good shots and missed while Demar went into ISO mode.

Anyway fuck it. The dream is over...
      DeMar went inside, often enough, and kicked it out to guys for open shots ... who then either missed or passed up their shots to take the clock down to emergency mode/desperation time. And also went inside, often enough, and made his own shots or drew contact for free throws. He had a good game, but couldn't bail everyone out at the end. Seems harsh to lay this on him ... (or Jonas, for that matter).

Comment

• Biyombo out scored Ross and Patterson combined.

There is your loss. Stop looking at small things.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          Biyombo out scored Ross and Patterson combined.

There is your loss. Stop looking at small things.
          That hit home hard....good to point that out

Comment

• What a strange, crappy game.

First off, DeMar and JV both played really well - unfortunately JV didn't get the minutes or the shots (seriously, I think there were 40+ minutes between JV's second last post up and his desperation one with seconds left), the minutes due to foul trouble, the shots for some unknown reason.

Carroll was hot garbage, making terrible decisions, jacking up 3's late in a close game with time on the clock, even doing pretty badly defensively. Rough game from him. Scola was even hotter garbage, if I wanted to see guys jack long twos early in the clock I'd watch DeMar last year. Patterson and Ross struggled, but I am less and less impressed with the makeup of that bench lineup - Scola operating in the post would open up so much for them, right now it is just CoJo playing 1 on 5 which thankfully he was awesome at tonight or it wouldn't have been close. And Scola playing as a stretch 4 with the starters is going terribly too. Hopefully this loss is excuse enough for Casey to change it up.

Sucky game. But with JV having foul trouble, and DD and Lowry starting the game off crazy passive, and with Carroll playing terribly, and no one being able to hit a three to save our lives, that's not a combination of bad that you will see too often.

And then it still came down to the last possession where DD oddly hesitated with a decent look close to the rim, and then JV got fouled and no call... Game was still right there to be had. Oh well. Defence still looked really good. Now to steal one from Miami and get this Florida trip to 1-1 like it was always likely to be.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Classic example of underestimating your opponent and overestimating yourself. It happens all the time in all the sport there is. In life too. That's just people being people. Confidence is great, but too much of it will lead to embarrassing self destruction. Most of all, I'm disappointed about assists. 13 tonight, 12 against OKC... And they had more assists than their opponents in only one game. Raptors are 4th worst team in the league in team assists.
              MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• Not sure if it's been mentioned but the wiz lost to Boston (by 20!), Miami lost to Indiana, and both of our draft pick buddies lost. Life goes on. But it still sucks.

Comment

• Biggest take aways from the game

1) Casey still sucks at proactive rotations

And more worrying

2) JV at times is still the last option on the floor. This cannot be a thing. He needs to be a major go to player in the last 5 minutes of the game because the perimeter defense tightens up and getting the ball to him will open up a lot of opportunities for his teammates. Also, when he caught the ball tonight with 12 seconds left, his first thought was to run the ball out to Lowry. What the hell. That seems exactly like a Caseyism that has been instilled JV as he would not do that in international play. JV needs to get his reps now late in games so he will be ready come playoffs

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Biggest take aways from the game

1) Casey still sucks at proactive rotations

And more worrying

2) JV at times is still the last option on the floor. This cannot be a thing. He needs to be a major go to player in the last 5 minutes of the game because the perimeter defense tightens up and getting the ball to him will open up a lot of opportunities for his teammates. Also, when he caught the ball tonight with 12 seconds left, his first thought was to run the ball out to Lowry. What the hell. That seems exactly like a Caseyism that has been instilled JV as he would not do that in international play. JV needs to get his reps now late in games so he will be ready come playoffs
                    1) Ross and Patterson go for 0 points and you blame Casey?

2) Lowry should have taken the open 7ft jumper and gave it to JV for some stupid reason. JV tried to make the right play by giving it back to Lowry where he was wide open but Lowry refused and JV tried to make a play. Also, refer to 1)
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                      Classic example of underestimating your opponent and overestimating yourself. It happens all the time in all the sport there is. In life too. That's just people being people. Confidence is great, but too much of it will lead to embarrassing self destruction. Most of all, I'm disappointed about assists. 13 tonight, 12 against OKC... And they had more assists than their opponents in only one game. Raptors are 4th worst team in the league in team assists.
                      No overestimating at all. Raptors just failed to hit open shots, if Carroll, Patterson and Ross made 1 more shot each, it would have been a win.

Comment

• I haven't seen it yet but seems people are saying there was contact on the val last play. Was it very obvious? We getting an NBA office apology?

I did like that Lowry tried to give the ball to val at the end. Should probably run those types of plays in practice more though. I would assume bigV post up on last possessions of very close games isn't a scenario they run to often.

Lowry was damned if he did and damned if he didn't there though. If he shoots it and misses, JV was open and he should have passed. He passed and we lost, he should have taken the shot. Only way to not be blamed is to win the game.

Have to be happy, no matter the competition, that we shot 35% and still had a chance to win it on the final possession. A loss is a loss is a loss though.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          I haven't seen it yet but seems people are saying there was contact on the val last play. Was it very obvious? We getting an NBA office apology?

I did like that Lowry tried to give the ball to val at the end. Should probably run those types of plays in practice more though. I would assume bigV post up on last possessions of very close games isn't a scenario they run to often.

Lowry was damned if he did and damned if he didn't there though. If he shoots it and misses, JV was open and he should have passed. He passed and we lost, he should have taken the shot. Only way to not be blamed is to win the game.

Have to be happy, no matter the competition, that we shot 35% and still had a chance to win it on the final possession. A loss is a loss is a loss though.
                          I thought there was contact at the end, but after the replay I may have been wrong, not sure.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            I haven't seen it yet but seems people are saying there was contact on the val last play. Was it very obvious? We getting an NBA office apology?
                            There was definitely contact. But in that situation, he's not going to get that call.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              1) Ross and Patterson go for 0 points and you blame Casey?

2) Lowry should have taken the open 7ft jumper and gave it to JV for some stupid reason. JV tried to make the right play by giving it back to Lowry where he was wide open but Lowry refused and JV tried to make a play. Also, refer to 1)
                              Lowry acknowledged this repeatedly after the game.

Comment

• We Tha North wrote: View Post
                                Do you always drink when the Raptors play? This is like the second game in a row, should we be worried?
                                yup

Comment

Working...
                                X