Uh oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh!

Way to Go Boston! a Reason to HATE YOU MORE!

Obie One Charlotte, You're our only hope!

Like I said earlier, after loosing to the Bulls we don't really "deserve" to make it in the playoffs anyways, though it still would have been great to see our Raptors there.

Well, I just hope we can take down the Knicks tommorow night...

Raptors 09/10 Season - RIP
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Over before it began actually.

Comment

So the Raps are 39-42 right now. The Bulls are 40-41. If the Raps beat the Knicks tomorrow (possible) and the Bulls lose to the Bobcats (possible) both teams end up tied at 40-42 and the Raps have the tie breaker with 2 wins of the 3 games they matched up. That puts the Raps in the playoffs and sends the Bulls golfing. It's possible, but really, the Bulls are playing much better than us and we are really banged up. Not to mention that the Bobcats gain nothing from winning tomorrow night so they could actually rest some players and make it easier for the Bulls. Doesn't look good, but it's still technically possible.

Comment

Larry Brown has already stated that he'll be using a regular rotation as he believes in the integrity of the game (funny from him). Whether the players play hard for Charlotte is another thing. Can they still pass Milwaukee?

Comment

We could also send a "Thank You" Letter to Rasheed Wallace, he played for Bulls not for Celtic, making sure that a jumper missed by Bulls actually made it into the basket. Rasheed, stupid idiot!

Comment

how much does the piss poor effort in GSW hurt now.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
              how much does the piss poor effort in GSW hurt now.
              You could pick a bunch of piss poor efforts that hurt the chances.

Comment

ya, but against GSW we KNEW that Chicago was on our tail, and that that game was the most winnable before a stretch of tough opponents.

Comment

ya, but against GSW we KNEW that Chicago was on our tail, and that that game was the most winnable before a stretch of tough opponents.
                  There were too many games this season the Raptors blew it instead of winning and they are now paying for it

they can still blow it against the Knicks.
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Apr 14, 2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
                    It's possible, but really, the Bulls are playing much better than us and we are really banged up..
                    Remember that this is the same Bulls team that lost against the Nets last Friday. If that was the Raptors that lost against the Nets at that point, I think the people here would have burned down Air Canada Centre.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Prior To Last Nights Game

Prior to last night's game Rondo and Rose had faced each other 13 times including 7 in last season's playoffs

Here are the average numbers in the previous 13 games

Cat. Rondo Rose
                      ---------------------------
                      PPG 16.4 -----17.5
                      RPG 7.4 -------5.0
                      APG 11.5 -------5.2

Now here are there numbers from last night

Cat. Rondo Rose
                      Points 4.0------39.0
                      Reb 3.0-------5.0
                      Assts 6.0-------7.0

Here is the diff between last night and the prior 13 games

Cat. Rondo Rose
                      Points -12.4-----+21.5 Swing in Rose' favor + 33.9
                      Reb -4.3--------0.0 Swing in Rose' favor + 4.3
                      Assts -5.5-------+1.8 Swing in Rose' favor + 7.3

From watching the game and I have seen at least 10 of their prior games I think Rondo laid down last night. If you want to throw a basketball game the best way to do it is for your point guard to lay down.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                        Remember that this is the same Bulls team that lost against the Nets last Friday. If that was the Raptors that lost against the Nets at that point, I think the people here would have burned down Air Canada Centre.
                        Good point. But when you look at their team right now, no injuries and they are playing with a purpose, and you look at our squad with our franchise player out, and 2 other key guys day-to-day along with a few players playing with injuries, you can definitely see a difference in the two teams. But any team that loses to the Nets this season is definitely capable of losing to anyone!

Comment

Maybe the Warriors were thinking the same thing? Let's face it, the Raptors have been playing like a top five lotto team lately...

Comment

even if we get a pick or not (doesnt miami own the pick), i think it would be more to our advantage if we miss the playoffs.

1. the players will get more rest
                            2. be able to start the offseason earlier, put in more practice time and try to work out deals
                            3. missing the playoffs will hopefully fuel the players hunger to strive better next season

Comment

Working...
                            X