Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will the extra taxes for high income earners 20000+ hurt us in attracting and retaining players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be a disadvantage, but I'm a Canadian citizen before I'm a Toronto Raptors fan. Taxes are used to serve our society. If players don't want to come here because they don't want to fairly pay (like every other resident/citizen) to be a part of our city, province and country, then we don't want them.

Comment

Such silly talk by people who dont know, except for Magoon. Jalen Rose, who is intelligent, does not mean he is knowledgable in this TOPIC.
      You dont pay taxes twice and than reclaim your monies, a professional tax accountant or in the states a tax attorney is required to determine the tax amount attributed and those funds will be deducted when a directive is sent to the employer.

Ultimately the tax responsibility is the player, and they will make sure the funds are paid appropriately.

Comment

CNinja26 wrote: View Post
        May be a disadvantage, but I'm a Canadian citizen before I'm a Toronto Raptors fan. Taxes are used to serve our society. If players don't want to come here because they don't want to fairly pay (like every other resident/citizen) to be a part of our city, province and country, then we don't want them.
        Players don't come to the Raptors to be part of the Country (outside of Cojo and Bennett), they do it for a paycheck. The taxes aren't an issue compared to NY and California though, so I think it's a lot ado about nothing.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Players don't come to the Raptors to be part of the Country (outside of Cojo and Bennett), they do it for a paycheck. The taxes aren't an issue compared to NY and California though, so I think it's a lot ado about nothing.
          They aren't immigrants. Kudos to JV and Bruno for learning the language though

Comment

Working...
          X