Should we look at the triangle offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure you can implement the triangle mid-season. We basically need an entire summer with the roster studying it, working on it during camp, and spending the first 40 games of the regular season deploying it. It feels like we're already 6 months behind for such a drastic change.

Besides, it's not like our offense is struggling right now.
    The offense is struggling but FT and the defense is covering up alot. TO are a problem which is weird

Comment

I'm not sure you can implement the triangle mid-season. We basically need an entire summer with the roster studying it, working on it during camp, and spending the first 40 games of the regular season deploying it. It feels like we're already 6 months behind for such a drastic change.

Besides, it's not like our offense is struggling right now.
      This is true, more of an academic question right now. Maybe something we could look at in the summer.
      When we drafted JV and it looked like he might become a good post player I interested in how the triangle could work with our guys and I curious to get the opinions of our high basketball IQ community. I was a big Lakers fan during the Shaq and Kobe years so I've always been attached to the triangle.
      Last edited by hateslosing; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 03:59 PM. Reason: grammar
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        The offense is struggling but FT and the defense is covering up alot. TO are a problem which is weird
        I suspect that we haven't really seen the finished product for our offensive scheme. Everything out of camp was that they worked on defence almost exclusively. The offence is kinda of a hodgepodge until it can catch up.

Turnovers are up because we still have players handling the ball who are careless/reckless at times. As guys like Carroll get better acclimated, he should be able to be in the position DD/KL need him to be in for the pass.

They can clean up the turnovers in the meantime at least. Whether they will is always a different story.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          This is true, more of an academic question right now. Maybe something we could look at in the summer.
          When we drafted JV and it looked like he might become a good post player I interested in how the triangle could work with our guys and I curious to get the opinions of our high basketball IQ community. I was a big Lakers fan during the Shaq and Kobe years so I've always been attached to the triangle.
          Lowry is too small to run a good triangle

Comment

Are those struggles worthy of a change in schemes, or can they be written off as early season rust?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              I suspect that we haven't really seen the finished product for our offensive scheme. Everything out of camp was that they worked on defence almost exclusively. The offence is kinda of a hodgepodge until it can catch up.

Turnovers are up because we still have players handling the ball who are careless/reckless at times. As guys like Carroll get better acclimated, he should be able to be in the position DD/KL need him to be in for the pass.

They can clean up the turnovers in the meantime at least. Whether they will is always a different story.
              Offensively, they have good pieces but everything looks lost. Nurse is an advocate of lobs and skips to set up threes but haven't seen that alot. Looks like everything is 100% focused on defense.

Scola is probably the best PF, JV has played with in terms of passing plus low post scoring and CoJo the best PG to run the second unit.

Comment

Ban him!!!

Comment

Lowry is too small to run a good triangle
                  Derrick Fisher was the same height as Lowry and was the point guard in some very successful triangle offences.

This does highlight an issue with the system that may make it not ideal for us though, which is that it tends to take the ball out of the point guard's hands. Lowry is our best player and decision maker so we might want to aim for something that sees more point guard usage.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Are those struggles worthy of a change in schemes, or can they be written off as early season rust?
                    D is really good and they are winning so the offense is probably not a priority. Eventually it'll catch up with them and they'll need to figure something out. Second unit has long stretches without a decent look especially with Biyombo wasting multiple possessions.

Comment

Ban him!!!
                      You can't blame me! I was 8 and Shaq was Kazaam! I was taken in by their winning ways and glitzy marketing!

Last edited by hateslosing; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 04:09 PM. Reason: screwed up image inclusion

-Churchill

Comment

You can't blame me! I was 8 and Shaq was Kazaam! I was taken in by their winning ways and glitzy marketing!

Haha Kazaam might actually be worse than the Lakers.

At least you didn't say Shaq Fu. That would be ban worthy.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Derrick Fisher was the same height as Lowry and was the point guard in some very successful triangle offences.

This does highlight an issue with the system that may make it not ideal for us though, which is that it tends to take the ball out of the point guard's hands. Lowry is our best player and decision maker so we might want to aim for something that sees more point guard usage.
                          KL being a good shooter is fine but another part is the bigs need to be good passers and play in the high post. Triangle won't work if JV can't move out of the low post and be effective or make passes. Kobe and MJ were better catch and shoot players than Demar. Dribbling alot looking for a shot kills the triangle

Comment

I propose we change this thread to discuss Shaq's highly acclaimed filmography.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Haha Kazaam might actually be worse than the Lakers.

At least you didn't say Shaq Fu. That would be ban worthy.
                              On that note:

At the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show, Shaquille O’Neal confirmed speculations in an interview with GamerFitnation that there would be a Shaq Fu 2.[10] On March 6, 2014 an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign was started for Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn. It will feature gameplay that heavily differs from its predecessor. The funding goal was $450,000 USD. If achieved, the game creators at Big Deez Productions promised that the game would be released for consoles (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360). The campaign ended on May 5, 2014, with the funding goal exceeded at $473,884.[1] The game creators at Big Deez announced they will be accepting Quark crypto-currency as a method of in-game payment.[11]
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaq_Fu

Also, Steel is the greatest movie of all time!

John Henry Irons: "I never could make the free-throws."

-Churchill

Comment

Not saying triangle won't work but that alot of the core players would need to play alot differently.

Comment

Working...
                                X