No announcement yet.

Should we look at the triangle offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Triangle is a Myth. It's like the Bermuda triangle, shit just happens, but no one lives when trying to go into it and trying to quantify it up close. It's Phil Jackson's tool of deception that makes people think he has a plan. It's all about the talent and their entire mindset of the team and how much they believe. If anyone tries to copy it away from himself with players not worthy, it fails miserably.

Actually it's like the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with the Holy Grail. You can't take the Triangle out of the Holy Cavern of Jackson. If you do it will give you a coaching record of 0-82 after you thought you chose wisely
    Last edited by tonious35; Fri Nov 6, 2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

What about the triangle offense?

Just a thought that popped in my head. Since our pg is a capable shooter and playmaker (much needed for triangle), and we have skilled bigs down low (JV, scola, even Bebe somewhat), and we have wings who can either shoot or attack if the right passes give them a lane or a shot (demar, DC, JJ).

Hell, even tross and patterson would benefit from this .

I'm not exactly an expert on the triangle but thoughts anyone?

Comment

WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
        Just a thought that popped in my head. Since our pg is a capable shooter and playmaker (much needed for triangle), and we have skilled bigs down low (JV, scola, even Bebe somewhat), and we have wings who can either shoot or attack if the right passes give them a lane or a shot (demar, DC, JJ).

Hell, even tross and patterson would benefit from this .

I'm not exactly an expert on the triangle but thoughts anyone?
        has anyone succeeded with this offense at the NBA level other than Phil Jackson who had Jordan and then Kobe?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
          has anyone succeeded with this offense at the NBA level other than Phil Jackson who had Jordan and then Kobe?
          I can't think of any.

Some have tried but failed miserably, Mike Brown is probably the most well known failures of that offense.

Comment

We had this exact thread in the offseason.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
              so basically it works when you have a high usage sg that runs with a pg who can shoot and playmake? That could work for us (IN NO WAY AM I COMPARING DEMAR'S TALENT TO KOBE OR JORDAN, but he is a high usage volume scoring sg so this could help him)

Comment

WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
                so basically it works when you have a high usage sg that runs with a pg who can shoot and playmake? That could work for us (IN NO WAY AM I COMPARING DEMAR'S TALENT TO KOBE OR JORDAN, but he is a high usage volume scoring sg so this could help him)
                lol. no. it works when you have one of the best wing players of all time. but lots of other offences "work" in that case. even some sub-optimal ones (see: OKC, Mike Brown's Cavs).

Comment

we would need somebody who actually played triangle.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

TRoss and Patterson get lost in the current shitty offense and you think they can handle the complexities of the triangle? LOL

Comment

You also need a skilled passing big man (e.g. Kukoc or Gasol) who's comfortable working out of the high post.

Comment

We don't have the pieces to play the triangle.

And there is no "fix" for this roster. It isn't good enough. Even if you bring in an elite system we're still not winning anything. No superstar, mediocre players all-around and guys like DeRozan (and Lowry to a lesser extent) who are good but not nearly good enough for what they're being asked to do.

Comment

Merged.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Honestly, the Raptors need to learn how to run basic offensive plays before they start even thinking about complex ones.

Comment

Working...
                            X