Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    This. ^

If guys are consistently missing open looks, you're going to see some hero ball. They needed to play off of JV in the second half and they couldn't for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still don't get why they didn't run more JV post up plays in yesterdays game. Its the simplicity play to execute and they should run it at least once a quarter and then keep giving it to him if he's hot. I think there was one JV post play in the 2nd half yesterday and he managed to get to the line. The offense shouldn't run through JV but they need to mix-up plays and keep other defenses honest.

Comment

• Classic last season Raptors. JV does well, don't give him any shot attempts in second half and bench him for long periods of time.

Comment

• Hey, in spite of the ugliness of the last two losses the Raps have a 13th ORTG and a 9th DRTG. Isn't this right about where we expected them to be?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Classic last season Raptors. JV does well, don't give him any shot attempts in second half and bench him for long periods of time.

He got the ball twice in the second half.

Once was a post-up, where he got fouled and went to the line.

The other one, which I believe was his first touch of the 3rd quarter, had him get the ball about 20' from the basket. He did a pump fake (the defender stayed down), looked to pass, then gave the "I scored 16 points on 8/11 shooting in the first half and just went 6 minutes without getting the ball, so fuck it" look and launched an 18' jumper.

DeRozan and Lowry were too busy playing hero-ball to involve their teammates in the 2nd half, despite the success they had playing team-first ball in the 1st half.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            He got the ball twice in the second half.

Once was a post-up, where he got fouled and went to the line.

The other one, which I believe was his first touch of the 3rd quarter, had him get the ball about 20' from the basket. He did a pump fake (the defender stayed down), looked to pass, then gave the "I scored 16 points on 8/11 shooting in the first half and just went 6 minutes without getting the ball, so fuck it" look and launched an 18' jumper.

DeRozan and Lowry were too busy playing hero-ball to involve their teammates in the 2nd half, despite the success they had playing team-first ball in the 1st half.
            If these guards can't learn how to play consistently within a team-first offense (they way they showed flashes of on that 5-0 start), I won't be sad to see either of them - or Casey - go.

Everybody showed some early signs of learning from last season's debacle. I'm hoping we can chalk some of the current play up to the difficult process of breaking bad habits. If not...
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              If these guards can't learn how to play consistently within a team-first offense (they way they showed flashes of on that 5-0 start), I won't be sad to see either of them - or Casey - go.

Everybody showed some early signs of learning from last season's debacle. I'm hoping we can chalk some of the current play up to the difficult process of breaking bad habits. If not...
              They showed good habits in the first half last night, which only makes it that much more frustrating to see them all resort to hero-ball.

In the first half DeRozan had a couple gorgeous feeds off penetration along the baseline, one to JV and another to Patterson (I think), which both resulted in easy buckets.

In the second half, I'm not sure he passed the ball at all (having the ball wind up in a teammate's hand after losing control of the dribble or getting stripped doesn't count). Lowry was just as bad in the second half.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                This. ^

If guys are consistently missing open looks, you're going to see some hero ball. They needed to play off of JV in the second half and they couldn't for some reason.

That's the problem. Spurs, Hawks and Warriors don't fall back on Hero ball when shots aren't falling. Either you grind out 48 minutes or you play for open threes. You can't flip flop

Comment

• At least our D wasn't what faltered us.

I can take losing if we play the game the right way. And that's what we're doing.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Seems People are understanding that...Tough Love is Needed, you can't sugarcoat mistakes, cause then the mistakes are liable to happen again.

You point out the mistakes, The reason for the mistakes, and HOW!! to fix those mistakes to make for a better Team.

TRUTH: Demar and Lowry went into ISO MODE!!!, ALL ABOUT MY SHOT MODE!!! and the Coach Casey he santicions that gameplan...He does nothing on offence, he just has guys that pound the ball and then shoot 1 on 1 or drive into traffic, This Squad Has Big Ballers that can Be deadly If Repped the Right Way.

Why is Patterson driving the Ball and dribbling like he thinks he Steph Curry, Patmabn is dribbling into the Paint FROM THE THREE LINE, AND HE IS A TERRIBLE DRIBBLER!!! Yet the coach Dwayne Casey Says nothing.

James "Avalanche" Johnson is unstopabble when he drives, guys just bounce off him, Yet the Coach has a Grudge against him so he does not Use Avalanche to the Hurt of The Team. Remember James Had 7 points 3 rebounds and 3 assists from the 1st Half!!! He HAS GAME!!! Yet the coach the vindictive man that he is refuses to use James only if someon is injured ultimately hurting Johnsons Career.

The Coach is the Problem, some Guys are doing too much, some too little yet are still repping, and Some Guys are doing things they never done before and gthey getting injured or there game is Hurt because of That...Point Patman... The coach has Patman dribbling the ball and driving? What The?? This guy is a Stand Still Shooter Automatic, Rep To HIS STRENGTH!!! Demar is PUMPFAKING WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE!!!! That is pathetic!!! Lowry is jacking shots from 30 feet with no rebounders underneath the basket for no reason. Ross just stares at the ball and tries and aims the ball instead of SHOOTING. Jonas Dominates the Paint, yet does not get the ball 2nd half of Games, Yeah people this aint the first time that the EGO of Lowry and Demar got inside the way of the Team Winning. The coach through all this DOES NOTHING TO CHANGE THE CULTURE!!!..He is a repping like he is just a statue, He is Just There!!! ISO is all he Knows, He eats ISO, Sleeps ISO, Showers ISO, Watches ISO and Dreams about ISOS, He would probably marry a Woman named ISO if there was a Woman named that

Casey I believe is better then That and Has Potential to Be a GREAT COACH, But Up to him to prove Peoples Right

Tough Love

Comment

• CB4Champ wrote: View Post
                      Seems People are understanding that...Tough Love is Needed, you can't sugarcoat mistakes, cause then the mistakes are liable to happen again.

You point out the mistakes, The reason for the mistakes, and HOW!! to fix those mistakes to make for a better Team.

TRUTH: Demar and Lowry went into ISO MODE!!!, ALL ABOUT MY SHOT MODE!!! and the Coach Casey he santicions that gameplan...He does nothing on offence, he just has guys that pound the ball and then shoot 1 on 1 or drive into traffic, This Squad Has Big Ballers that can Be deadly If Repped the Right Way.

Why is Patterson driving the Ball and dribbling like he thinks he Steph Curry, Patmabn is dribbling into the Paint FROM THE THREE LINE, AND HE IS A TERRIBLE DRIBBLER!!! Yet the coach Dwayne Casey Says nothing.

James "Avalanche" Johnson is unstopabble when he drives, guys just bounce off him, Yet the Coach has a Grudge against him so he does not Use Avalanche to the Hurt of The Team. Remember James Had 7 points 3 rebounds and 3 assists from the 1st Half!!! He HAS GAME!!! Yet the coach the vindictive man that he is refuses to use James only if someon is injured ultimately hurting Johnsons Career.

The Coach is the Problem, some Guys are doing too much, some too little yet are still repping, and Some Guys are doing things they never done before and gthey getting injured or there game is Hurt because of That...Point Patman... The coach has Patman dribbling the ball and driving? What The?? This guy is a Stand Still Shooter Automatic, Rep To HIS STRENGTH!!! Demar is PUMPFAKING WHEN THE GAME IS ON THE LINE!!!! That is pathetic!!! Lowry is jacking shots from 30 feet with no rebounders underneath the basket for no reason. Ross just stares at the ball and tries and aims the ball instead of SHOOTING. Jonas Dominates the Paint, yet does not get the ball 2nd half of Games, Yeah people this aint the first time that the EGO of Lowry and Demar got inside the way of the Team Winning. The coach through all this DOES NOTHING TO CHANGE THE CULTURE!!!..He is a repping like he is just a statue, He is Just There!!! ISO is all he Knows, He eats ISO, Sleeps ISO, Showers ISO, Watches ISO and Dreams about ISOS, He would probably marry a Woman named ISO if there was a Woman named that

Casey I believe is better then That and Has Potential to Be a GREAT COACH, But Up to him to prove Peoples Right

Tough Love
                      Dude, calm down.

We went ISO because other players shots weren't falling, but that wasn't the only mistake that cost us this game. You know it.

JV needs to be used more if he's rolling. Casey still doesn't fully trust him for reasons (I think it's because he looks slow in the post and takes too much time).
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post

We went ISO because other players shots weren't falling, but that wasn't the only mistake that cost us this game. You know it.

JV needs to be used more if he's rolling. Casey still doesn't fully trust him for reasons (I think it's because he looks slow in the post and takes too much time).
                        It defies logic to say that we went ISO cause shots weren't falling. ISO creates tough shots. Ball movement creates open looks. When your shot isn't falling, ball movement is even more important to get those open looks.

Casey is really just a bad coach. Always has been. Always will be.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          It defies logic to say that we went ISO cause shots weren't falling. ISO creates tough shots. Ball movement creates open looks. When your shot isn't falling, ball movement is even more important to get those open looks.

Casey is really just a bad coach. Always has been. Always will be.
                          By shooting 8 or 11 in the first half, it's certainly tough to argue that JV's shot wasn't falling. He didn't even get the ball in the 2nd half...

I think cause and effect were mixed up.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Miami packed the paint in the 2nd half. They took away the driving lanes and they took away the easy stuff to JV. When the Raps' "shooters" couldn't make any shots they just loaded up the paint even more and that was the ball game. Orlando basically did the same thing on Friday. That's the recipe for defending Toronto that we're going to see going forward.
                            Thats not entirely true at all. Yes they defended jv...they had to.

But some back screens. Pick and rolls etc would have got defenses shifted enough to get jv the ball and let him have a go at it.

They did nothing but iso

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Broken Record Alert... MAKE OUR SHOTS

From 3 point arc

vs Miami 3 of 19 for a stunning 15%
                              vs Orlando 5 of 23 for an equally lame 22%

Eyeball analytics seem to point to the last years black hole of a defense is going to be OK this year
                              So
                              Team needs to make some shots and if we do we can take the suicide watch off for some of the more amped up Republicans....
                              I don't normally like a tank. But when I do I prefer a #TampaTank.

Comment

Working...
                              X