No announcement yet.

Game #7: Toronto Raptors 76 - Miami Heat 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As soon as the second half started DD started driving to look for his own shot a lot more. All that great passing he was doing in the first half disappeared. Frustrating as hell.

I remember they left 2 guys WIDE OPEN for threes during the 3rd quarter, and there was no attempt to try to rotate and contest their shots. As soon as the team realized that they completely blew it on a particular defensive possession they basically gave up. There was also that poor effort of blocking out Whiteside during the second half.

Maybe if Biz wears a baseball glove he'll have an easier time catching the ball.
    OG is our king

Comment

• Looking back we just REALLY need to get better offensively. Our defense has been good all season so far. When you hold a good team to 42 percent you should win. Our problem is when teams start getting into us and start to pick up their defense we always revert back to ISO ball and start turning over the ball. Turnovers and us reverting back to ISO ball is what did us in last night. It's like we don't get that ball movement it what's the counter to a team playing tough D. We got to get better at that because this is two games in a row now that when teams pick up their D and get into us we don't show any offensive toughness as Casey says. If you're not going to move the ball at least give it to JV who is our most efficient player and let him do his thing for a bit so it will open things up for us. Jeez.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The problem is it's not something that's that hard to change, but when you have a bad offensive coach and two of your main offensive players love to fall back into ISOball, it will be very tough for anything to change. If nothing changes offensively we will NOT and I mean will NOT get out of the first round this year. Only bad teams sabotage themselves by getting away from what's working. We constantly do that which makes me think we aren't that good.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• and the whole TRoss thing is just proof he will never be anything special. First horrible move Masai has made. Hopefully he can get rid of this guy as soon as possible.

Comment

• I lol at some posters continuing to talk about ross in here like hes the reason for teams brutal play....

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think the thing is if we had faith that things would change nobody would be panicking. But because the likelihood of anything changing is very low and the same issues from last season are creeping up again, it's hard to not start worrying.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                I lol at some posters continuing to talk about ross in here like hes the reason for teams brutal play....

He isn't THE reason but he is a BIG part of the reason. You can't have two of your main offensive guys coming off the bench consistently missing wide open shot after wide open shot. They can't create for themselves and their defense isn't good enough to make up for their lack of offense right now. It just isn't going to work. Cory literally has to exert soooo much energy and try to do more than he should because of those two bums. And I'm not making excuses for DD or Lowry because they still should move the ball, but when you are getting guys open looks and they constantly do not hit shots, as a human being who wants to win you will naturally start to try and take things into your own hands. It's not right but I get it at the same time.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  I lol at some posters continuing to talk about ross in here like hes the reason for teams brutal play....

Well, Casey is one stubborn mf so this offense isn't getting any better. What can be improved on is Ross hitting his open shots. Oh, and he might have just robbed the franchise of 30 something million.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Looking back we just REALLY need to get better offensively. Our defense has been good all season so far. When you hold a good team to 42 percent you should win. Our problem is when teams start getting into us and start to pick up their defense we always revert back to ISO ball and start turning over the ball. Turnovers and us reverting back to ISO ball is what did us in last night. It's like we don't get that ball movement it what's the counter to a team playing tough D. We got to get better at that because this is two games in a row now that when teams pick up their D and get into us we don't show any offensive toughness as Casey says. If you're not going to move the ball at least give it to JV who is our most efficient player and let him do his thing for a bit so it will open things up for us. Jeez.
                    Miami packed the paint in the 2nd half. They took away the driving lanes and they took away the easy stuff to JV. When the Raps' "shooters" couldn't make any shots they just loaded up the paint even more and that was the ball game. Orlando basically did the same thing on Friday. That's the recipe for defending Toronto that we're going to see going forward.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Miami packed the paint in the 2nd half. They took away the driving lanes and they took away the easy stuff to JV. When the Raps' "shooters" couldn't make any shots they just loaded up the paint even more and that was the ball game. Orlando basically did the same thing on Friday. That's the recipe for defending Toronto that we're going to see going forward.
                      Welp shooters better start hitting shots or say goodbye to this season

Comment

People are getting really worked up about a regular season loss in Miami at the end of a 4-game road trip in early November. 8 of the next 12 are on the road including @GSW, ATL, WSH, LAC. It's a really, really tough stretch to start off the year. 2-2 on that road swing was pretty good in spite of the poor shooting and absentee bench. The sky isn't falling.
                        +1
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

It kind of makes you wonder why it took teams so long to figure us out. That we can be goaded into taking low percentage shots.

Comment

We shouldnt be going away from JV if the other team just denies the easy pass though, thats the bigger problem.

There are a lot of issues with this team offensively, and it has very little to do with Ross and Pattersons shooting.

There needs to be a substitution and a trade on the starting lineup...I think you guys know what I'm getting at.

Oh and play our rookies more. Not only from a fan perspective but they are playing better and will use rhe experience to help us later in the year/next.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              He isn't THE reason but he is a BIG part of the reason. You can't have two of your main offensive guys coming off the bench consistently missing wide open shot after wide open shot. They can't create for themselves and their defense isn't good enough to make up for their lack of offense right now. It just isn't going to work. Cory literally has to exert soooo much energy and try to do more than he should because of those two bums. And I'm not making excuses for DD or Lowry because they still should move the ball, but when you are getting guys open looks and they constantly do not hit shots, as a human being who wants to win you will naturally start to try and take things into your own hands. It's not right but I get it at the same time.
                              This. ^

If guys are consistently missing open looks, you're going to see some hero ball. They needed to play off of JV in the second half and they couldn't for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• For whatever reason, there wasn't a single attempt to post up JV in the second half, and this had nothing to do with defensive adjustments, or turnovers, or missed shots. No player with the ball in his hands once, ever, thought "let's see what we can do to get it into the post". That's just bad basketball.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X