Game #8: Toronto Raptors 109 - New York Knicks 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Well had those socks been able to shoot the ball, play half-decent defense, and maybe actually put some effort into the game, maybe we wouldn't be complaining about them... the socks I mean.
    I have no idea what kind of socks you guys get for Christmas but I want some
    OG is our king

Comment

Well had those socks been able to shoot the ball, play half-decent defense, and maybe actually put some effort into the game, maybe we wouldn't be complaining about them... the socks I mean.
      Sure but you can expect your socks to keep your back warm

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Agreed re PP. He looks like he is thinking 'should I take the 3 or not'. He did make a couple of nice drives last night.
        But he's our "Stretch three " power forward! Without 3's, and average "D" (at best) what are you left with? And Carroll and Ross out (seems he was probably struggling in our first loss - he sure looked it)? New York didn't beat us at any facet of the game, save that - and the edge there was truly glaring.

So why are we now so suddenly immune to stats?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          The team he wants minus Carroll and Ross...
          And Pattterson. I'm not saying he can't find his rhythm - not at all. But he seems "gun shy".

He might just one of "those" games, though. Tonight could be it. (Which sucks, cuz I'll be at my youngest's soccer practice).

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            And Pattterson. I'm not saying he can't find his rhythm - not at all. But he seems "gun shy".

He might just one of "those" games, though. Tonight could be it. (Which sucks, cuz I'll be at my youngest's soccer practice).
            Hes been gun shy since training camp. or someone told him spotting up is a worse way to play than dribbling from the three point line or having a completely useless player inside is running him off the line whenever he gets the ball or....

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Hes been gun shy since training camp. or someone told him spotting up is a worse way to play than dribbling from the three point line or having a completely useless player inside is running him off the line whenever he gets the ball or....
              Do you seriously believe that? He was 0-3 last night. And he looked open enough for other shots he passed up. Got so's I was happy to see him make a couple of floaters just to see him take - and make - something. But weren't you at all surprised he passed up looks?

Seems too easy, to me, to blame Biyombo for Patterson's shooting ... and then, in turn, blame Casey for playing Biyombo at all!

And not factor in injuries, and sub-par execution for anything that's happened in the last couple of games (And nobody's crediting Galloway or Melo or anyone for a good night from "downtown", either).

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Do you seriously believe that? He was 0-3 last night. And he looked open enough for other shots he passed up. Got so's I was happy to see him make a couple of floaters just to see him take - and make - something. But weren't you at all surprised he passed up looks?

Seems too easy, to me, to blame Biyombo for Patterson's shooting ... and then, in turn, blame Casey for playing Biyombo at all!

And not factor in injuries, and sub-par execution for anything that's happened in the last couple of games (And nobody's crediting Galloway or Melo or anyone for a good night from "downtown", either).
                Look at stats with guys playing with Biymbo. The only ones not effected are Demar and Scola. You cant play 4+1 when the 1 is unguarded

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Look at stats with guys playing with Biymbo. The only ones not effected are Demar and Scola. You cant play 4+1 when the 1 is unguarded
                  Lowry got a screen from BB yesterday then got surrounded by 4 defenders. It looked like piranhas in the amazon going for the kill

Comment

• Sooo are we just not going to have a Game Thread for tonight? Lol That Knicks games scared people off? Haha

Ohhh fine.. I'll do it.

Comment

Sooo are we just not going to have a Game Thread for tonight? Lol That Knicks games scared people off? Haha

Ohhh fine.. I'll do it.

Comment

• knicks 0-11 from 3 against the hornets.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          knicks 0-11 from 3 against the hornets.
                          I don't know why you're frowning.

Okay, I do ... but I'm happy to hear it. Cause if they progress to back to the mean (and teams can best them in every other category, as we did last night) ...

They'll still SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            knicks 0-11 from 3 against the hornets.
                            Opponents 3P% in the 9 games thus far
                            39.1% IND
                            26.9% BOS
                            26.3% MIL
                            30.4% DAL
                            34.8% OKC
                            36.0% ORL - avg 34.7%
                            40.0% MIA - avg 33.3%
                            47.8% NYK - avg 31.5%
                            41.4% PHI - avg 32.2%

Last 4 games have been very bad. Look at those team's season average. This isn't a random statistical anomaly, this is the defence.
                            Last edited by Axel; Thu Nov 12, 2015, 09:08 AM.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Opponents 3P% in the 9 games thus far
                              39.1% IND
                              26.9% BOS
                              26.3% MIL
                              30.4% DAL
                              34.8% OKC
                              36.0% ORL - avg 34.7%
                              40.0% MIA - avg 33.3%
                              47.8% NYK - avg 31.5%
                              41.4% PHI - avg 32.2%

Last 4 games have been very bad. Look at those team's season average. This isn't a random statistically anomaly, this is the defence.
                              Not having carroll or ross defending the entire perimeter doesn't help as it turns the defensive focus onto demar.

And that dont work

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                Not having carroll or ross defending the entire perimeter doesn't help as it turns the defensive focus onto demar.

And that dont work

Raptors have to close out harder on perimeter shooters. The goal is to run them off into more mid range shots. Defend the paint and the three. It's a work in progress but loads better than last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X