X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    For DMC you'd have to think the topic starts and ends with JV & Derozan.
    I would make that deal as long as we got either Beli or Meclemore included.

Lowry
    Beli
    Carroll
    Patterson/Draft pick
    Boogie.

LOTS of Capspace in offseason for a big free agent

Daaaammmmnnnnn....

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Apart from Magoon I notice that everyone while agreeing DC is a wonderful talent has not considered which of the other teams in the L would be competition for his services.

Surely there are others other than just Boston...LAL comes immediately to mind but the 2 franchises hate each other and they may not have the pieces. I can even see Minny trading Towns for DC. How about the Mavs...Cuban would be all over this. Portland? Denver...reuniting DC with Malone?

ps...I read a piece where someone (anonymous) on the team mentioned a meeting Divac had with the team lately about their thoughts about firing Karl....how crazy is that? Vivek as well is under the gun with his minority ownership group. Personally I think they would rather fire Karl than trade DMC. And oh...Gay indicated he was unhappy with Karl as well!! Maybe the stat sheets are being distributed after games lol.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    I think two things will happen.

1. SAC will trade Cousins instead of firing Karl, because at this point they're already on the hook for one ex-coach's salary (Malone) and they don't want be on the hook for a second's salary as well. Cousins is a fantastic player, but Kevin Love was a great player in Minnesota and at a certain point you have to admit that it's not going to happen with this guy.

2. If he goes anywhere, Boogie's going to Boston. I'm not Bill Simmons; it just makes sense. Boston can offer multiple draft picks, including the near-priceless Nets pick this year (which is almost certainly going to end up top three) and whatever players they trade to make up salary will be solid replacements. I mean, the easiest answer for the trade is David Lee plus picks, and David Lee is both a good player who can potentially be moved later for more value before the deadline AND he's expiring salary to boot. Or maybe they do a bunch of young players - say Olynyk, Sullinger and Thomas.

There's just no way we can beat Boston's potential offer for Boogie. Ainge has been stockpiling resources for years precisely for this kind of scenario and nearly snagged Kevin Love with it last year - and the Nets pick is worth much, much more now.
    The Kings owner is a billionaire who bought the team as a flashy toy, he could literally wipe his ass with Karl's entire salary and not miss it one bit. Vivek wants to win badly, hence why he has no intention of trading Boogie. Expect them to fire Karl and throw huge money at some other coach (Thibs, Ollie, some other hot name).

The Kings aren't in a situation like the Raps where the ownership is mainly concerned with the bottom line because they have shareholders to answer to. You have to look at it in the proper context. Karl hasn't done anything to show he's more key to winning than having DMC down low.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    If they keep Karl he won't want JV

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    For DMC you'd have to think the topic starts and ends with JV & Derozan.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Cousins is a shit head...no thanks

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Maybe things have changed in Sactown (who the hell knows) but the Kings were pretty clear over the summer that they weren't interested in picks for Cousins - they wanted players.
    But that's the beauty of Boston: Boston can offer both picks and players. They won't trade Marcus Smart, but pretty much everybody else is on the table and practically everybody else Boston has at least a rotation NBA player and some of the potential tradeables (Olynyk, for example) have at least a reasonable shot at being stars.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post

1. SAC will trade Cousins instead of firing Karl, because at this point they're already on the hook for one ex-coach's salary (Malone) and they don't want be on the hook for a second's salary as well. Cousins is a fantastic player, but Kevin Love was a great player in Minnesota and at a certain point you have to admit that it's not going to happen with this guy.

2. If he goes anywhere, Boogie's going to Boston. I'm not Bill Simmons; it just makes sense. Boston can offer multiple draft picks, including the near-priceless Nets pick this year (which is almost certainly going to end up top three) and whatever players they trade to make up salary will be solid replacements. I mean, the easiest answer for the trade is David Lee plus picks, and David Lee is both a good player who can potentially be moved later for more value before the deadline AND he's expiring salary to boot. Or maybe they do a bunch of young players - say Olynyk, Sullinger and Thomas.

There's just no way we can beat Boston's potential offer for Boogie. Ainge has been stockpiling resources for years precisely for this kind of scenario and nearly snagged Kevin Love with it last year - and the Nets pick is worth much, much more now.
    Maybe things have changed in Sactown (who the hell knows) but the Kings were pretty clear over the summer that they weren't interested in picks for Cousins - they wanted players. Again who knows what the hell the Kings are thinking or doing.

Also, I don't think the majority owner there is to concerned about paying two ex-coaches, so I wouldn't assume Karl is safe at all.

Leave a comment:

• magoon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    I'm a big fan of Cousins' play but not a fan of the player himself.

With that said, a front court with him and JV would be insanely good (as, like AH, it appears that Cousins prefers the 4 to the 5). I think if you could do it for DD+PP+filler, it'd be worth a shot as I do think that it would definitely make a pitch to someone like Durant more appealing. Plus I also like the idea of running a KL, TR, DCa, DCo, JV starting line up this season in the meanwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    Sorry guys.... Hate to be a spoiler. However, I think there's NO WAY we get DMC without giving up JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think most of us are ok with giving up Jonas in this scenario.

Leave a comment:

• 92TillInfinity
    replied
    Is there any way we can sign Charles Oakley to the veterans minimum to keep DMC in line?

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    Sorry guys.... Hate to be a spoiler. However, I think there's NO WAY we get DMC without giving up JV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I'd think DD would be involved in any Cousins deal that doesn't include JV. Especially if there is a third team involved - that third team needs to be a hopeful contender like Miami and I'd expect them to be more interested in star power than role players.

That said, I can't imagine a much better pitch for a guy like Durant in free agency than to come play beside a couple of twin towers protecting the paint and Kyle Lowry.
    Cousins' immaturity and character issues still concerns me. Winning and proper coach could fix that though.

Kyle Lowry
    Demarre Carroll
    Kevin Durant
    Demarcus Cousins
    Jonas Valanciunas

Given the proper coach, that lineup is championship contender level though.
    Last edited by A.I; Fri Nov 13, 2015, 01:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    That said, I can't imagine a much better pitch for a guy like Durant in free agency than to come play beside a couple of twin towers protecting the paint and Kyle Lowry.
    This to me is the primary motivation for making a move this year. If we get bounced in the first round again I feel like we're going to get tagged with a "loser" label and the best free agents won't even give us the time of day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X