Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    I'd think DD would be involved in any Cousins deal that doesn't include JV. Especially if there is a third team involved - that third team needs to be a hopeful contender like Miami and I'd expect them to be more interested in star power than role players.

That said, I can't imagine a much better pitch for a guy like Durant in free agency than to come play beside a couple of twin towers protecting the paint and Kyle Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• draps
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    And our perimeter defense turns to crap. Also with DD in the mix, Cousins or even JV will never be able to post up as much they want to. DD just isn't a good shooter.
    It's a long term move, not a win a championship this year thing.
    Build around jv, cousins bully ball, or try and attract a big 3.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    draps wrote: View Post
    Here's how it goes down
    In December when FA are tradable, 3 team trade
    Toronto/Miami/Sacramento
    Toronto in: cousins, belineli, Richardson 22 mil
    Miami in: Carroll, collisions, nogueria
    20.5 mil
    Sacramento in: deng(exp), Anderson(exp), Winslow, Ross,
    21.2 according to trade machine(which works), but should be higher because of Ross poison pill
    2016 Knicks, 2017 raptors or clippers(Right to swap)

We get a star player, Miami gets what they wanted in deng and probably sees it as a contending move, Sacramento can tank, get a good prospect in Winslow, potential high pick, and talk those dummy's into Ross having upside. Fair?
    And our perimeter defense turns to crap. Also with DD in the mix, Cousins or even JV will never be able to post up as much they want to. DD just isn't a good shooter.

Leave a comment:

• draps
    replied
    Here's how it goes down
    In December when FA are tradable, 3 team trade
    Toronto/Miami/Sacramento
    Toronto in: cousins, belineli, Richardson 22 mil
    Miami in: Carroll, collisions, nogueria
    20.5 mil
    Sacramento in: deng(exp), Anderson(exp), Winslow, Ross,
    21.2 according to trade machine(which works), but should be higher because of Ross poison pill
    2016 Knicks, 2017 raptors or clippers(Right to swap)

We get a star player, Miami gets what they wanted in deng and probably sees it as a contending move, Sacramento can tank, get a good prospect in Winslow, potential high pick, and talk those dummy's into Ross having upside. Fair?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Now I wonder if the signing was due to similar reasons.
    I pretty sure it is. Unless Ross has a breakout season all of a sudden, I expect him to be involved in a trade during the off-season.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He would of been apart of the package. Ross still has the potential tag on him. A guy that can win the 3 point and dunk contest and under 25. Will always have value
    Now I wonder if the signing was due to similar reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Ross would be like a $1 bill and DMC a $100 bill. Ross is totally irrelevant to any possible DMC trade, he'd just be filler. Not to mention DanH clarified he can be traded right now, so the fact he's signed long term makes him a more desirable asset if a team actually wanted him.
    That's what I said Ross would be in a package for DMC. I never said Ross would headline the trade going to SAC. I think if a trade did happen it would be JV+Ross+ NYK/DEN for DMC + filler.

Just realized that DMC and JV are pretty being paid the same thing. If you can get DMC on that contract who ever you trade to get him would be a steal.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Turns out this isn't true. Coon's FAQ is unclear, and I was lazy so I asked Bobby Marks on Twitter - he said no trading them (was discussing JV at the time), so I went with it. But yesterday I finally found the section of the CBA long text that defines the limit on trading extended players and it definitely only applies to veteran extensions, not rookie scale.

We can trade them immediately, of course there's the poison pill provision that makes it difficult to match salaries.
    Interesting... thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Whose getting upset? If you don't think Ross has value that's your opinion. I don't agree.
    Ross would be like a $1 bill and DMC a $100 bill. Ross is totally irrelevant to any possible DMC trade, he'd just be filler. Not to mention DanH clarified he can be traded right now, so the fact he's signed long term makes him a more desirable asset if a team actually wanted him.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    If DMC gets traded I'll eat my fucking shoe. You're getting upset over nothing. Especially thinking Ross was the key piece to get DMC, that is beyond laughable.
    Whose getting upset? If you don't think Ross has value that's your opinion. I don't agree.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    He would of been apart of the package. Ross still has the potential tag on him. A guy that can win the 3 point and dunk contest and under 25. Will always have value
    If DMC gets traded I'll eat my fucking shoe. You're getting upset over nothing. Especially thinking Ross was the key piece to get DMC, that is beyond laughable.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just a friendly reminder...

JV (and Ross) cannot be traded this year. Technicality of the CBA.

So if Boogie is available, JV cannot be moved until the summer.
    Turns out this isn't true. Coon's FAQ is unclear, and I was lazy so I asked Bobby Marks on Twitter - he said no trading them (was discussing JV at the time), so I went with it. But yesterday I finally found the section of the CBA long text that defines the limit on trading extended players and it definitely only applies to veteran extensions, not rookie scale.

We can trade them immediately, of course there's the poison pill provision that makes it difficult to match salaries.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Haha, because Ross was the piece that gets you DMC. We don't even want Ross, you think Sac wants to give up their best player for him?

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Ross cant be traded till summer. Way to go Masai.
    Haha, because Ross was the piece that gets you DMC. We don't even want Ross, you think Sac wants to give up their best player for him?

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Yeah, it seems like a deal like this would have to wait till the off season. Its obvious that the Kings would want a Center in exchange.
    “I don't really consider myself a center,” Cousins said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X