Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Vs. Knicks Discussion

Game Time: 8:00 pm EDT Wed Apr 14, 2010

The Raptors can secure a playoff spot with a win and some help as they host the New York Knicks on Wednesday night in their season finale.

Toronto (39-42) needs a win over New York (29-52) and a Chicago loss to Charlotte on Wednesday night to secure its third playoff berth in four seasons.
    The Raptors lost starting shooting guard Sonny Weems for the last few minutes after he appeared to hurt his right ankle. He is expected to be a game-time decision.
    Weems had 20 points and nine rebounds in the Raptors' 102-96 win over the Knicks on March 5.
    SportsNet.ca
    Toronto
    70.00%
    New York
    30.00%

The poll is expired.

No confidence in the Raptors without Bosh in the lineup so I'm going to go with the Knicks to win this one.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

If the Raptors lose expect the boo birds to rain down hard on the team and for some executive thanking the fans for their support (even though it should be Colangelo who should be facing the music).
      Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Apr 14, 2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Paper bag night?

If they're down in this one big I hope people bring on the paper bags. Come on Raptors fans, really take a stab at Colangelo's product if the team bombs tonight!

Nothing sends a better message than 19,000 people with paper bags on their heads... Just make sure they're made of recycled material.

Comment

Just curious how the fans will react if Raptors wins but Bulls wins as well. I wouldn't blame them if they would boo even if Raptors make the playoffs. This is not what fans expected when the season started last year and I would say the 5th place would be a realistic expectation ( before All Star Break, the team was on schedule to secure easily 5th place should they continue to play at the same level, even closing on Boston/Atlanta). The body language of most of the Raptors players is telling that the season is over, Jose should not be surprise if the boos break out any time during the last game and regardless of the score in Toronto or Charlotte.
          I am very disappointed with Raptors this season ... and what is even more painful, the near future doesn't look good.
          Bleah ... gimme that brown bag!!!!

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
            Just curious how the fans will react if Raptors wins but Bulls wins as well. I wouldn't blame them if they would boo even if Raptors make the playoffs.
            I think that would be extremely embarrassing for the fans.

Comment

I don't think the fans will realize who won the Bull vs Bobcats during the end of the raps game until they get home and search it up on the internet..... which be a good thing for the raptors' emotions...lol

But some people who have a freakin cell that has the instant score board will boo them...lol

Comment

I think they should announce it at the least if the end game is the Raptors make the playoffs.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I think that would be extremely embarrassing for the fans.
                  Do you really think that the booing fans really care about embarrassing at this moment? Raptors players&coaches&management should be the one embarrass by this whole mess and lack of heart! Just to make the playoff and then act as training mates for Cleavland in first round is not something particularly love to cheer

Comment

I don't care what other fans think about, I'm telling you how it would be viewed if the team won seven more games than last year, made the playoffs and still got booed after they beat the Knicks. If they come into tonight's game, bust their asses and win it makes no sense to boo.

I'm not happy with how the season went either by the way.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 14, 2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I forgot Hedo was in the game for the first four minutes until Duhon got a freebie on him through the back door. He needs to be more aggressive.

Bulls kicking ass so far...

Comment

Working...
                      X